Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

shep66

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 10, 2008
Can't download this app from the French site. Went to the truphone site to do a "handset test" and recieved a link via text to my iPhone. When i click the link it tells me that my handset is not supported. Baring in mind that I have an iphone it seems kinda pointless putting an iphone app on itunes if you don't support it!

Of course the problem may be that it's a french iphone but at no point does it inform me of this.

UPDATE - just checked the Truphone site again and iPhone is not on their supported list. Am I being dim here or are they (probably me)?

TonyHoyle

macrumors 6502a
Sep 14, 2007
Manchester, UK
Worked for me - you have to download from itunes as it's not officially announced on the truphone site yet - presumably they were keeping NDA until the 11th.

shep66

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 10, 2008
Thanks Tony. Out of interest did you go to the Truphone site (link is on itunes app page) and check your handset compatibility? I'd be interested in the result.

TonyHoyle

macrumors 6502a
Sep 14, 2007
Manchester, UK
No need to - if you've got the app on your iphone it's supported :p

The compatibility test is for things like the many hundreds of different Symbian phones where some work and some don't.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.