Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

foshizzle

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 17, 2007
Anybody see anything like vnsea or know of any plans to put it up on the store? I had my iphone jailbroken at one point and this was the most useful app i had. I'd like to see something like it in the store.

ViViDboarder

macrumors 68040
Jun 25, 2008
USA
I haven't tried it yet, but Java is supposed to run faster on the new iPhone. So you could run RealVNC server and host it's web/java server and use that. Set up DynDNS on the computer as well and it'll be easy. My desktop is going to be my iPhone server, haha. :D Streaming Video, TV, VNC, Music...

TheSpaz

macrumors 604
Jun 20, 2005
I too was hoping for a VNC client, but maybe in the future I suppose. I don't see how it would violate Apple's terms.

ViViDboarder

macrumors 68040
Jun 25, 2008
USA
I could even see an official Apple one with Back2MyMac. :D But only for users of Mobile.Me

For this reason, though, I'd think they may not approve an unoffical one. But like I said, there are lots of Java vnc viewers and they can always be made into a webapp.

ViViDboarder

macrumors 68040
Jun 25, 2008
USA
If you can zoom in and out, not that bad. Nor if you could scale the resolution. Not the best for total workstation use, but if you needed to adjust some setting or open some port or for a number of server management features it'd be very useful.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.