PDA

View Full Version : Is there no video recording yet??

scotty56
Jul 10, 2008, 08:48 AM
Havent found one yet. Anyone else?

secondsteven
Jan 31, 2009, 07:22 AM
nope

Pennine
Jan 31, 2009, 07:43 AM
Havent found one yet. Anyone else?

You won't either

NewGenAdam
Jan 31, 2009, 09:42 AM
If you jailbreak your iPhone, you can download a few.
But that voids warranty so beware.

And it's also taboo :eek:
Am I even allowed to mention it??

deadsouls
Jan 31, 2009, 02:09 PM
even if you do jailbreak, all you can get is 6-15fps recordings. useless and garbage looking.

Auzburner
Jan 31, 2009, 02:53 PM
I would REALLY like a video recording App, it's a bummer you can't get anything of the sort unless you jailbreak. Can't wait until one's available.

BullittMustang
Jan 31, 2009, 03:19 PM
I would REALLY like a video recording App, it's a bummer you can't get anything of the sort unless you jailbreak. Can't wait until one's available.

There probably won't be one from Apple, but you never know. I installed Cycorder after I jailbroke and it works great. Glad I did, you might want to consider it.

Auzburner
Jan 31, 2009, 03:37 PM
There probably won't be one from Apple, but you never know. I installed Cycorder after I jailbroke and it works great. Glad I did, you might want to consider it.

I'm on the tipi top of the fence on wether or not to jailbreak. My ONLY concern is if my 3G suddenly locked up or had a problem and Apple somehow finds out that I have jailbroken the iPhone when I go in to have it serviced and am unable to restore the iPhone on my own. If they did not cover my warranty I don't know what I would do. I know it's a big IF, but if this did in fact happen I would be screwed. Especially after buying Apple Care, I'm not sure I want to risk it at all...

BullittMustang
Jan 31, 2009, 08:56 PM
I'm on the tipi top of the fence on wether or not to jailbreak. My ONLY concern is if my 3G suddenly locked up or had a problem and Apple somehow finds out that I have jailbroken the iPhone when I go in to have it serviced and am unable to restore the iPhone on my own. If they did not cover my warranty I don't know what I would do. I know it's a big IF, but if this did in fact happen I would be screwed. Especially after buying Apple Care, I'm not sure I want to risk it at all...
I felt the same way. If mine had messed up I couldn't have bought another either. I would have had to use my old Razr again. It is so easy to restore to pre-jailbreak if you want to. I have had no problems at all and I have had to restore and rejailbreak a couple of times to install the apple updates. It is so quick and easy to do, it only takes about 5 minutes.
Good luck.

Auzburner
Feb 1, 2009, 04:15 PM
Does iMovie '09 recognize the iPhone and cycorder recordings as if it were another video camera?