Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

aerospace

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 26, 2007
Found an app that's horrible? Let us know(details please)

Found something we have to try, let us know that too!

Example Format
App Name:
Itunes Price:
Rate app: 1-10
Your Review

c4blows

macrumors member
Dec 29, 2007
I would, but I cant seem to get passed an error message when trying to get into the itunes store. It says to check my connection. What connection? I'm online right now? Is this a 7.7 bug? I didnt have any problems earlier.

Niiro13

macrumors 68000
Feb 12, 2008
Illinois
Facebook
FREE
6/10
I am a bit disappointed in Facebook. It's very clean in nice, but I am biased cause when I submitted my proposal, I had many features that should be in the Facebook application that could have taken like a couple hours to implement. One of those includes the ability to create albums and tag photos (though they might have tagging). Also, mine had the ability to use applications. If you want to use applications, you'd have to still use the webapp.

AIM
FREE
9/10
AIM is really nice. I like their icon now, compared to the one shown March 6th. It has everything I need but push (I don't need nicknames...I actually prefer the screen name).

Myspace
FREE
9/10
Myspace is really nice. I might start using it more now. They made their app better than my alpha :).

tomccabe

macrumors 6502
Jun 9, 2008
EVERY app i dl is great. Esp Pandora, AOL Radio, MLB At Bat, Myspace (surprisingly), Super Monkey Ball (the game bar is a lot higher than I thought. Very good), ReQuall, Remote, Shazam and certainly PhoneSaber (seriously, it's actually cool)!

aerospace

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 26, 2007
Use the links on macrumors news page. Works for me.

I have old iphone but am going to wait a couple of days before updating just to make sure there are no big bugs...at least that's the plan lol. We'll see if I can be patient.

philgilder

macrumors 68000
Sep 30, 2007
UK
why not just review the apps on itunes, and help the entire iphone community, rather than the (relatively) few here?

aerospace

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 26, 2007
why not just review the apps on itunes, and help the entire iphone community, rather than the (relatively) few here?

because we can discuss what we like or not about the app...kinda why we are at a forum, to talk =)

pagansoul

macrumors 65816
Aug 10, 2006
Earth
For me it is the day before Day 1. ;) This is something to do on the breaks at work. I can not wait to get home I see what you all are talking about. They don't let us put iTunes or even Quick-Time on our working computers.

ubersalad

macrumors 6502a
Feb 26, 2008
I wasted time syncing some silly applications, so I guess I'll spare some of you the trouble.

Blip Solitaire - Don't bother. It's Pong but worse.
Cube Runner - Similar to hover race.
Epocrates Rx - Professionals only, not for you and I.
Expenses2Go - seems like a nifty application, especially for those that travel for work a lot.
Baseball - It's an encyclopedia of past and present baseball teams/players.
Gengou Free - Convert to Japanese years - not useful if you are not Japanese.

tomccabe

macrumors 6502
Jun 9, 2008
Google - what's the point? Slow to load and it takes you to the same thing using regular Google search.

if you touch the magnifying glass there are different search options including shopping, images and a very cool spotlight-esque Wikipedia search. Not so straightforward as you make it sound.

ballen420

macrumors 6502
Mar 21, 2008
South of Boston
I just started playing, and so far everything I've used has been great:

Free Apps:

Yellow Pages - AT&T will hate this application - and it beats doing a YP search through Safari.

Box Office - Nice little quick movie/theatre search. Like that it has the Rotten Tomatoes ranking next to each film.

Bloomberg - Like the news that it offers in addition to the quotes. Beefed up stocks program.

Sports Tap - Awesome application for Sports Fans. I downloaded MLB At Bat too, but after looking at this, I'm not sure why I did (though MLB is a sick app too) . Itchy trigger finger. This has everything most sports fans would want (other then video).

Dial Zero - Just browsed through this one, but should definitely be a time saver when calling 800 numbers.

WeatherBug was probably the only app I wasn't that impressed with. It's ok, but nothing great about it other then it's free.

aerospace

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 26, 2007
I thought ATT was planning thier own yellow pages app, wasn't it in the keynote? This one seems to be a knockoff.

ballen420

macrumors 6502
Mar 21, 2008
South of Boston
One other thing, a few apps ask to use your location, or have a button to find it, to base their searches on (Weatherbug/Yelp/YP). I obviously don't have the 3G, but find that it's very accurate without it.

ballen420

macrumors 6502
Mar 21, 2008
South of Boston
I thought ATT was planning thier own yellow pages app, wasn't it in the keynote? This one seems to be a knockoff.

I just loaded it back up and it says 'Part of the New AT&T' at the bottom. I didn't see it in the keynote. Either way, they would be losing money on their 411 service.

greenyboy411

macrumors newbie
Sep 11, 2007
ibeer and ipint are both great. ibeer is more realistic with its motion but has a slight delay and costs $3. ipint comes with a beer toss game you have to play which is kinda fun, and has a more precise accelerometer usage, but isnt and nifty, though its also free

i probably sound like quite the alchoholic right now....

ubersalad

macrumors 6502a
Feb 26, 2008
One other thing, a few apps ask to use your location, or have a button to find it, to base their searches on (Weatherbug/Yelp/YP). I obviously don't have the 3G, but find that it's very accurate without it.
Umm...accurate as in cell tower accurate. That's a given.

Shot22

macrumors regular
Jul 6, 2008

There are two Yellow Pages apps. I'm assuming that one is official while the other is a knockoff.

shanew21

macrumors regular
Jul 10, 2008
Shazam - Let's you tag a song you hear by putting the iPhone next to the speaker for 12 seconds.

10/10. This app is AWESOME, and very useful for when you are listening to the radio and don't know what song is playing. It's also VERY accurate.

EnderTW

macrumors 6502a
Jun 30, 2007
I have a question. What makes yellowpages different from google maps? I've always used google maps to search for businesses? I mean isn't that what 411 is for?

Just curious.

ubersalad

macrumors 6502a
Feb 26, 2008
I checked one word, and it said "good". hahaha =).

Anyway, phonesaber is funny...I can see bunch of geeks swinging their iphones with light sabor sounds coming out of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.