PDA

View Full Version : My fav: "NearPics"

Small White Car
Jul 10, 2008, 10:44 AM
I'm seriously loving the idea of "NearPics."

You take a photo of something and it uploads your photo and GPS info to the server. It then lets you see the photos of other users of this service that were standing near where you are.

So, lets say you take a photo of the Disney World castle. You then get to see other photos and you may notice a great spot. “Hey! This guy took a picture over by the duck pond and it looks way better than mine! Let’s do that!”

Or maybe you’re at a famous church somewhere and snap a shot of the church…”Hey, did you know Edgar Allan Poe is buried in the graveyard over there? Let’s go find the grave!”

I hope this becomes popular so that their database is full and can be helpful like this. This is why I'm bringing it to everyone's attention...get it, use it! It's only useful if lots of people use it!

aerospace
Jul 10, 2008, 10:52 AM
I would imagine this getting really full of pics of people.

Your in disney world and it pulls up 5million photos of kids sitting around, sticking out thier tongue, hugging mickey, kinda dumb lol

Small White Car
Jul 10, 2008, 10:55 AM
I would imagine this getting really full of pics of people.

Your in disney world and it pulls up 5million photos of kids sitting around, sticking out thier tongue, hugging mickey, kinda dumb lol

Well, some, yes.

But for the most part, if you're someone who took the time to download the app, learn the app, and pull it up and actually USE it, I'd think you'd be someone who understands what it's for.

Why would someone take the time to launch the app to upload a photo of their kid sticking their tounge out? I'm not saying it WON'T happen, just that it would likely be in the minority.

Dandaman
Jul 10, 2008, 10:55 AM
Is GPS required for this app? Or can we use this effectively on the older iPhone?

Small White Car
Jul 10, 2008, 10:57 AM
Is GPS required for this app? Or can we use this effectively on the older iPhone?

It says it work on the touch, so I guess it doesn't need GPS. I'm guessing here, but I guess it lets you identify the location on a google map, or something like that.

Sky Blue
Jul 10, 2008, 11:01 AM
downloaded, thanks.

ipodtouchy333
Jul 10, 2008, 11:10 AM
It says it work on the touch, so I guess it doesn't need GPS. I'm guessing here, but I guess it lets you identify the location on a google map, or something like that.

Ya but the touch doesn't have a camera, so whats the point really?

Small White Car
Jul 10, 2008, 11:31 AM
Ya but the touch doesn't have a camera, so whats the point really?

The "point" is that he asked if it would work on the 2G iPhone.

Since it runs on the touch, it should run on the 2G iPhone, which answers the question.

billchase2
Jul 10, 2008, 12:02 PM
wow, cool app! a lot of photos from the area.