Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ParrotheadDNC

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 16, 2003
I have connected to my ftp servers through expose, by going to "go" and "connect to server". I connect fine and download stuff from there, but it won't let me upload to my webserver? I have tried on a few different servers and get the same error. Any help would be appreciated.

MoparShaha

Contributor
May 15, 2003
San Francisco
I think you are a little confused with terminology. Expose is the feature in OS X Panther that makes window management easier. About your FTP issue though, I'd get a 3rd party FTP client. Go to versiontrakcer to download one. Finder's built in FTP support is still lacking, so I wouldn't bother with it.

AmigoMac

macrumors 68020
Aug 5, 2003
l'Allemagne
Firewall?

It could be maybe an firewall issue, permissions, just a guess, it worked for me 2 weeks ago... maybe has nothing to do but check permissions and maybe you'll need to set something in sharing... good luck!:rolleyes:

ParrotheadDNC

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 16, 2003
wrong terms

i meant finder, don't know why i said expose. i will try to mess with permissions, though it works fine from my pc(still have one) so permissions are prob fine. what third party programs do you guys reccomend?

j33pd0g

macrumors 6502
Mar 20, 2003
Central NY
I found this article that may help. If you scroll down you'll see where it says: Once connected, a network drive icon will appear on the desktop; opening it allows you to copy files to your Mac from the remote FTP host. However, it will not let you upload files to the remote server; for that you will still need software. I use Interarchy. But for free cyberduck works pretty nice!

ParrotheadDNC

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 16, 2003
thanks, cyberduck seems pretty good! well, i hope when 10.4 comes out, i can upload files to my ftp server on my mac without using 3rd party software.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.