PDA

View Full Version : StarWars Spoiler Thread - If you haven't seen the movie, it will ruin it for you!

Mr. Anderson
May 16, 2002, 02:08 AM
Ok, I had to start this thread, because I really don't want to ruin the movie for anybody, but I really need to discuss it. Its 3 AM, so I'm off to bed, but I'd be interested in hearing what other people think.

I absolutely loved the scene with Yoda and his duel with Count Dooku, that was totally amazing and its great to see him as a true jedi master. The whole audience was yelling and going crazy durning the fight.

The Clones (Storm Troopers) coming to the rescue was amazing, those armored transports reminded me of WWII bombers. That had to be the best battle scene yet from any of the movies.

I didn't really like the lines C3P0 had, way too corny. But JarJar wasn't remotely as annoying as in the first one.

Over all, I need to go back and see it a few more times, because so much was happening, I know I missed something.

Oh, and I only saw 1 person dressed up in costume, a bad one at that of Darth Vader.

Ensign Paris
May 16, 2002, 03:45 AM
JarJar rules! but I suppose he is annoying, although I really like him :)

Ensign

Mr. Anderson
May 16, 2002, 07:11 AM
Originally posted by Ensign Paris

Some drunk idiots were sitting behind us, one of them had a JarJar hand puppet. Sorry, I don't like him, too obnoxious for me, character, mannerisms, etc.

There was so much more going on in this movie, if JarJar had tagged along like in the first one it would have ruined it.

firewire2001
May 16, 2002, 09:39 PM
hey, i havent seen the movie yet, but one of my friends who is like totally crazy about blizzard (who hasnt seen the movie yet, either) said that he heard that there was a zealot from sc in it... have no idea about the truth of it.. haha

AlphaTech
May 16, 2002, 09:45 PM
Originally posted by Ensign Paris

Jar Jar must DIE!!! A slow, lingering, painful death at that. THAT would make any Star Wars movie worth seeing. :D

I have a full case of ammo with Jar Jar's name all over it.

Mr. Anderson
May 16, 2002, 10:16 PM
He's still alive, sorry to say, but he doesn't get more than a few minutes tops on screen. He probably won' t be around in episode III, but who knows.

This movie is a must see if you even remotely liked any of the others.

eyelikeart
May 17, 2002, 12:23 AM
Originally posted by AlphaTech

Jar Jar must DIE!!! A slow, lingering, painful death at that. THAT would make any Star Wars movie worth seeing. :D

I have a full case of ammo with Jar Jar's name all over it.

Alpha...I'm completely with u....

why don't we just smash him with your truck?! :eek: :D

Mr. Anderson
May 17, 2002, 07:18 AM
Originally posted by eyelikeart

Alpha...I'm completely with u....

why don't we just smash him with your truck?! :eek: :D

Or I could make you 'tar, where you take him out on your bike....:D :D

AlphaTech
May 17, 2002, 09:23 AM
Originally posted by dukestreet

Or I could make you 'tar, where you take him out on your bike....:D :D

How about a tripple hit?? First, shoot him, then hit him with the truck, then run over what is left with the motorcycle. :D That sounds like a good combo to me.

eyelikeart
May 17, 2002, 09:24 AM

How about a tripple hit?? First, shoot him, then hit him with the truck, then run over what is left with the motorcycle. :D That sounds like a good combo to me.

ha ha ha!!!!

I was waiting for u to get back in on this... :D :eek: :p

Mr. Anderson
May 17, 2002, 10:14 AM

He get's shot, stands back up, gets hit by the truck, wobble back up, you ride by with a lightsabre, slice--------

mcrain
May 17, 2002, 10:22 AM
I don't know if anyone noticed, but during the music where Ani is with his mother, where he is in Lars house and ranting about fixing things and wanting to be the best ever, and finally where he and Padme are on the field, interlaced into the classical music was the Imperial march.

Also, did anyone notice that Dooko was far more impressed and scared of Ani's skills than even yodas? The way they did the ani dooko fight was far more mental and mood oriented than showing the skills, whereas with yoda, it was more of two masters fighting, and both being equally or nearly equally as good.

I bet ani ends up being far far superior to dooko, yoda, and any of them (obviously he does end up killing them all)

Mr. Anderson
May 17, 2002, 10:29 AM
Originally posted by mcrain
I bet ani ends up being far far superior to dooko, yoda, and any of them (obviously he does end up killing them all)

Yeah, the imperial march was great foreshadowing, I think I chuckled the first time I heard it.

I think the fight between Ani and Dooku was very one sided. Dooku had no problems taking him out. But Ani will have to replace Dooku as #2, the emperor and Darth Vader are the only ones around in the original series.

mcrain
May 17, 2002, 10:49 AM
Yeah, the imperial march was great foreshadowing, I think I chuckled the first time I heard it.

I think the fight between Ani and Dooku was very one sided. Dooku had no problems taking him out. But Ani will have to replace Dooku as #2, the emperor and Darth Vader are the only ones around in the original series.

Oh I disagree, I don't think the fight was very one sided. Luke was extremely powerful in the force, as was his father, but his skills were no where near what Vaders were when they fought. Vader beat Luke, but had a great deal of respect for the power in the force that Luke displayed. A father's pride.

Dooko's fight with Ani was similar. It was longer and more evenly matched than the fight with the more trained jedi, obi wan, and almost as evenly matched as the very powerful in teh force Yoda, and nearly as long.

The key to it was that Dooko figured he could easily beat the padewan, and at the conclusion of the fight had a look on his face that showed his shock at how good ani was, and how powerful he was, and even, that he felt somewhat lucky to have won.

On the other hand, he knew Yoda was good, Yoda was his master. He knew a long drawn out fight with Yoda would be difficult (maybe not successful), and delay him from his task of getting the memory chip to Sideous. So, rather than fight Yoda, he chose to leave.

I think, as far as natural ability is concerned, Vader/Ani's power was shown, and I bet once he's refined his skills in the third movie, he will be far, far more powerful than any other jedi.

Mr. Anderson
May 17, 2002, 10:53 AM
Well, I'll watch the fight more carefully when I see it again and get back to you.

mc68k
May 17, 2002, 12:36 PM

I agree. Anakin should kill him when he turns to the darkside. "You said your last meesa, Jar Jar!!!" *whuuuum* :D :D :D

Even better, they made him effectively start the empire! That's gotta be the ultimate insult to that character. :D

Off to see a 11:15 showing again. Portman *drool*

Mr. Anderson
May 17, 2002, 12:49 PM
Originally posted by mc68k
Off to see a 11:15 showing again. Portman *drool*

Portman is a cutie, that's for sure. She does a good job of taking out the toothy beast as well. Nice character to play, I imagine. I wonder if she'll get much success outside of Star Wars. Carrie Fisher did ok. Mark Hammel fell of the planet. Alec Guiness already was a star (call me Sir Alec).

But for the all time winners of the StarWars notoriety award, it would have to go to Harrison Ford. His career just went through the roof after plaining Han Solo.

mcrain
May 17, 2002, 01:45 PM
Portman is a cutie, that's for sure. She does a good job of taking out the toothy beast as well. Nice character to play, I imagine. I wonder if she'll get much success outside of Star Wars. Carrie Fisher did ok. Mark Hammel fell of the planet. Alec Guiness already was a star (call me Sir Alec).

But for the all time winners of the StarWars notoriety award, it would have to go to Harrison Ford. His career just went through the roof after plaining Han Solo.

The only chemistry between portman and christianson (ani) came when she said for him to not stand so close to her. Other than that, she certainly didn't seem all that intersted in him.

I think she may bat for Cleo's team. Sigh...

Mr. Anderson
May 17, 2002, 01:49 PM

I think she may bat for Cleo's team. Sigh...

I'm married so it won't bother me, I'm only allowed to look now anyway.

A quick bio: some really intersting things I did not know.

http://us.imdb.com/Name?Portman,+Natalie

Mr. Anderson
May 17, 2002, 01:54 PM
Looking again around the Internet Movie Database, I came up with this link:

http://us.imdb.com/Title?0121766

Check out the 3rd to last cast member, now that is cool. The whole story is going to come together in this movie. Wow.

mcrain
May 17, 2002, 02:09 PM
A quick bio: some really intersting things I did not know.

After reading that bio I'm beginning to really think that she and Angelina Jolie in one room would give Cleo a coronary.

Mr. Anderson
May 17, 2002, 02:17 PM

After reading that bio I'm beginning to really think that she and Angelina Jolie in one room would give Cleo a coronary.

I still don't get what's so great about Angelina Jolie, sorry. A little too weird for me.

arn
May 17, 2002, 08:49 PM

Portman's done well prior to Star Wars...

go see Beautiful Girls, and The Professional (Leon)

she's a bit younger in those movies... I think she was like 11 in The Professional... I do recommend it though...

arn

Mr. Anderson
May 17, 2002, 09:37 PM
Originally posted by arn

she's a bit younger in those movies... I think she was like 11 in The Professional... I do recommend it though...

I remember seein The Professional, very cool movie, but I never really thought too much about Portman, obviously because see was a child actress. I'll have to rent it again or catch it on cable now. Thanks for reminding me.

D

AlphaTech
May 17, 2002, 09:41 PM
Its good to see a child actor/actress go beyond that and not be type-cast. She was good in the Professional, so that might be the 'force' that brings me to the movies to se E2. If she is as good as she was in the Pro. then the movie should be worth the price of a ticket (free for me this time :D).

krossfyter
May 17, 2002, 09:46 PM
anyone catch the part after anikan kills off the tusken raiders (the tusken massacre) and between the shot of yoda meditating... you can hear someone say... " noo ani noooo"

that voice sounded a lot like qui con jinn

krossfyter
May 17, 2002, 10:01 PM
Also...

Have any of you ever seen the movie "Angel Heart" with Mickey Rourke and Robert DeNiro? DeNiro played a character named Louis Cyphre, who is later revealed to be a physical incarnation of the Devil...get it? Louis=Lou Cyphre=Lucifer? I think GL is playing a "name game" like that here. Sifo-dyas (or whatever the spelling is) sounds an awful lot like a bastardization of "Sidious", don't you think? So, in my opinion, the "Rogue Jedi who has supposedly been dead for over a decade", is actually referring to Sidious, AKA Darth Sidious, AKA Palpatine. GL uses that kind of logic pretty frequently...I just thought it would be helpful to someone.

Mr. Anderson
May 17, 2002, 10:07 PM
Some one once told me that Darth Vader actually meant Dark Father in Danish or Dutch or some germanic language, which wouldn't surprise me at all, never could verify it. Fits perfectly with the character and his relationship with his children which should be very interesting in EP3.

krossfyter
May 17, 2002, 10:13 PM
You wanna by some death sticks? --Slythmonger
You don't want to sell me death sticks --Obi Wan
I don't want to sell you death sticks --Slythmonger
You are going to go home and rethink your life--Obi Wan
I'm gonna go home and rethink my life --Slythmonger

Mr. Anderson
May 17, 2002, 10:22 PM
That was one of the better dialogs in the movie.

C3P0 had some really stupid ones. 'This is such a drag' as R2D2 is draggin his head across the sand at the execution. And he had another really bad one, but I forget it, its getting late. I'm going to bed soon.

mc68k
May 18, 2002, 01:01 AM
I don't know if any of you picked this up, but I sure didn't the first time around. I saw it again today with two of my more hardcore SW friends.

I asked my friend, "Well what happened to the unaltered clone of Jango?"

My friends reply, "Boba."

I told him he was smart, but he said he read that somewhere. It was sure subtle as hell to me.

arn
May 18, 2002, 01:08 AM
I don't know if any of you picked this up, but I sure didn't the first time around. I saw it again today with two of my more hardcore SW friends.

I asked my friend, "Well what happened to the unaltered clone of Jango?"

My friends reply, "Boba."

I told him he was smart, but he said he read that somewhere. It was sure subtle as hell to me.

I don't think it was very subtle... if anything, seemed forced...

same ship, same helmet... I think he called him boba at one point.... :)

arn

mc68k
May 18, 2002, 01:14 AM
Originally posted by arn

I don't think it was very subtle... if anything, seemed forced...

same ship, same helmet... I think he called him boba at one point.... :)

Yes, definitely Boba. I caught that name with the clone queen and Jango (multiple times).

But I thought that was his kid, not a clone. I guess the voice threw me off too, since Boba's voice is vastly different in the Classic episodes.

So I asked my friend again if he was a clone how he could have a different voice. He said that he probably uses a distorter so his true voice could not be identified.

mc68k
May 18, 2002, 01:21 AM
Originally posted by krossfyter
anyone catch the part after anikan kills off the tusken raiders (the tusken massacre) and between the shot of yoda meditating... you can hear someone say... " noo ani noooo"

Very interesting, indeed. But what I found strange, was that Qui-Gon did NOT disappear in the first episode— maybe due to his not being as fully tuned to the force. Anakin, Yoda, and Ben all dissapear and "talk" through the force after their death.

It did sound a whole helluva lot like Qui-Gon though and the "ani" nickname is only used by close people to him…

mc68k
May 18, 2002, 01:28 AM
Yes to everyone except Yoda. His metachlorian count is higher than Yoda's but Yoda had been around for ~900 years and is probably the most powerful light Jedi ever.

Anakin/Darth's skills may be better in some areas, but Yoda has had more experience and that counts for a lot. Yoda has even killed a Sith lord in that cave in Dagobah (Dooku?).

krossfyter
May 18, 2002, 02:11 AM

Very interesting, indeed. But what I found strange, was that Qui-Gon did NOT disappear in the first episode— maybe due to his not being as fully tuned to the force. Anakin, Yoda, and Ben all dissapear and "talk" through the force after their death.

remember when anakin says " i will keep people from dying".... i think that is an important element to answer that problem.

sparkleytone
May 18, 2002, 09:19 AM
he keeps himself from dying. that is why he wears the suit. supposedly him and obiwan get in a fight and obiwan f*cks him up real good, but he is able to survive in the suit. i am just thoroughly impressed by the movie. the love story was outstanding.

a great departure from the first series, where rogue Harrison Ford had a highly comical, sexually charged banter/romance with Carrie Fisher.

This romance uses the characters really well just as the first one. Anakin is a young, passionate, yet tormented manboy. Padme is passionate but logical. Their story was played out wonderfully. And as far as onscreen chemistry goes I thought it was great. She loved him fully when she gave in, but was calm and cool when she was diplomatic. The kiss on the cheek during the "gladiator" scene just sealed it.

mc68k
May 18, 2002, 10:35 AM

remember when anakin says " i will keep people from dying".... i think that is an important element to answer that problem.
Which is sort of ironc, since he kills nearly all the Jedi before Episode IV. Not oonly the Jedi, but many, many others (Alderaan, etc.).

If he did keep people from dying, it would have to be while he's still on the light side of the force, which is probably only a fraction of episode III.

I think when light Jedi die, they just become pure force. I don't know if Anakin had anything to do with this.

Mr. Anderson
May 18, 2002, 12:37 PM

Yes, definitely Boba. I caught that name with the clone queen and Jango (multiple times).

The clone queen told Obi Wan that Jango asked for an unaccelerated clone just for himself, that's why it was a kid. And Boba was mentioned several times, there wasn't really any question about it. I don't think I figured it out until right after the scene on the hidden planet, then I got the 'Oh yeah, that's it!' reaction.

krossfyter
May 18, 2002, 04:21 PM
yes very good points.

it has to be when hes still on the light side if this is at all true that is.

sparkleytone
May 18, 2002, 05:15 PM
i absolutely love the fact that the senator/emperor is creating a war between two factions he himself controls. i can't wait til ani offs dooku.

Mr. Anderson
May 18, 2002, 08:52 PM
Obi Wan: Ani, you'll be the death of me...

Talk about foreshadowing (but its kind of postshadowing), its things like this that tie and solidify the whole series, little touches that only people who have seen the whole series get.

mc68k
May 18, 2002, 09:21 PM
Obi Wan: Ani, you'll be the death of me...

Talk about foreshadowing (but its kind of postshadowing), its things like this that tie and solidify the whole series, little touches that only people who have seen the whole series get.
Yes, and it makes the old movies have more replay value too, so you can sit back and say "oh yeah" instead of just passing it off as some vague reference. i.e. (no, not Internet Explorer!) Obi-Wan's sole reference to the Clone Wars will carry a lot more weight now.

More things to ponder: Leia mentions that she remembers vaguely remebers her mother. So she must have been ~2-5 to have these memories and Episode III takes place 2 years after II. That's the only reference, besides Luke not having ANY memory of his mother. So that means Padme/Leia probably hide on Alderaan while Luke is solely taken care of from the start by Cliegg/Owen/Beru. And there's no telling if Padme dies either. After all Anakin turns super-psycho (like the Tusken-Radier scene :)).

mc68k
May 18, 2002, 09:30 PM
I HAD to post this (http://atomfilms.shockwave.com/af/content/atom_1403), as I don't know how many of you have seen it. It's a flash film parody of the original trilogy, Gangsta style (even if you don't like rap, like me!). Gets old, but really funny if you haven't seen it. Yoda— LOL.

Durandal7
May 18, 2002, 11:35 PM

I'll have to listen for that the next time I see it. Did anyone notice the cow thing from the field on Naboo floating in the asteroid field?

Mr. Anderson
May 18, 2002, 11:42 PM
More things to ponder: Leia mentions that she remembers vaguely remebers her mother. So she must have been ~2-5 to have these memories and Episode III takes place 2 years after II. That's the only reference, besides Luke not having ANY memory of his mother. So that means Padme/Leia probably hide on Alderaan while Luke is solely taken care of from the start by Cliegg/Owen/Beru. And there's no telling if Padme dies either. After all Anakin turns super-psycho (like the Tusken-Radier scene :)).

My guess is somehow Anakin kills Padme and that turns him over to the dark side. It should be a very cool movie, too bad we're going to have to wait until 2005 to see it.

That's hysterical about the cow thing in the asteroid field, I'll definitely look out for that next time.

mc68k
May 19, 2002, 12:42 AM

My guess is somehow Anakin kills Padme and that turns him over to the dark side. It should be a very cool movie, too bad we're going to have to wait until 2005 to see it.

That's hysterical about the cow thing in the asteroid field, I'll definitely look out for that next time.
Padme dying? *sniff* That'll be when I cry. That'll turn anyone over to the darkside. :)

What's this cow business? Is this the asteriod field around the Genosha moon?

Epidode III should be pure darkside/empire and destruction. The Death Star will be near completion by the end. And Anakin has to get his lungs burned too. That'll be one harsh fight scene between those two.

Episode IV text:
"I have been waiting a long time, Obi-wan Kenobi," Darth Vader intoned solemnly. "We meet again at last. The circle has been completed." Kenobi sensed satisfaction beneath the mask. "The presence I sensed earlier could only have been you."
"Kenobi regarded the great form blocking his retreat and nodded slowly. He gave the impression of being more curious than impressed. "You still have much to learn."
"You were once my teacher," Vader admirtted, "and I learned much from you. But the time of learning has long passed, and I am the master now."
The logic that had constituted the missing link in his brilliant pupil remained as absent as before. There would be no reasoning here, Kenobi knew. Igniting his saber, he assumed the pose of warrior-ready, a movement accomplished with the ease and elegance of a dancer.
Rather roughly, Vader imitated the movement. Several minutes followed without motion as the two men remained staring at each other, as if waiting for some proper, as yet unspoken signal…
"Your powers are weak," Vader noted emotionlessly. "Old man, you should never have come back. It will make your end less peaceful than you might have wished."
"You sense only a part of the force, Darth," Kenobi murmured with the assurance of one to whom death is merely another sensation, like sleeping or making love or touching a candle. "As always, you perceive reality as little as a utensil perceives the taste of food…"
"You still have your skill, but your power fades. Prepare to meet the force Obi-wan"
Kenobi guaged the shrinking distance between thr oncoming troops and himself, then turned a pitying gaze on Vader. "This is a fight you cannot win, Darth. You power has matured since I taught you, but I too have grown much since our parting. If my blade finds its mark, you will cease to exist. But if you cut me down, I will only become more powerful. Hedd my words."
"Your philosiphies no longer confuse me, old man," Vader growled contemptuously. "I am the master now…"
Just put this scene in Episode III with two younger Jedi and that would make for one hell of a scene. The translation loses a little going to the screen. If Lucas can still tell a story like this, Episode III should be unreal. Where's that GL of old? I want him back!!!

You still have much to learn— LOL. That was the exact line from Yoda to Dooku/Tyranus in their fight. Great foreshadowing again.