Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Fiallo1984

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 10, 2007
When the SDK was announced, Apple mentioned working with Cisco to develop their enterprise features. Has anyone been able to connect to a Cisco VPN after upgrading 2.0 firmware? I ask because my school relies exclusively on Cisco VPN and it'd be great to be able to connect to the Wifi network here (especially after the new App store opens up).

Fiallo1984

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 10, 2007
So it doesn't sync the settings of my MBP's desktop Cisco VPN client with the one on the iPhone? God I just hate dealing the IT people at my school who refuse to even try to help on any device or OS they don't officially support. Can't explain how many people showed up on the first day at med school with shiny new PCs with Vista that weren't supported via the then current build of Cisco VPN client. They were pretty d!ck to them all.

Sky Blue

Jan 8, 2005
So it doesn't sync the settings of my MBP's desktop Cisco VPN client with the one on the iPhone? God I just hate dealing the IT people at my school who refuse to even try to help on any device or OS they don't officially support. Can't explain how many people showed up on the first day at med school with shiny new PCs with Vista that weren't supported via the then current build of Cisco VPN client. They were pretty d!ck to them all.

Did they give you instructions to install it? you'll need the same settings as your MBP client.

Fiallo1984

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 10, 2007
Unfortunately, they provide a version of the client with the settings and passwords preloaded for OS X and XP. This makes it difficult to export these configurations (such as group passwords) to another device.

kevyg

macrumors newbie
Jul 29, 2007
A trick for VPN users

If you happen to have access to a Windows box with your organization's VPN client installed, you can get at the group password. Locate the .PCF file associated with your connection entry and open it in a text editor. Then look for the line that says "enc_GroupPwd". Copy that string into your clipboard, then Google "cisco vpn group password decrypt". Paste the string into the box, click the button, and voila, you now have your group password.

IT guys everywhere will probably hate me for posting this, but it is very easy to find this information out in the world.

CommanderData

macrumors 6502
Dec 1, 2007
I can confirm good connections to an IPSEC Cisco VPN and also to a PPTP VPN on my Linksys RV082. All works perfectly!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.