Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

The Phazer

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Oct 31, 2007
London, UK
Okay, so there's like 12 solitaire apps, and they all cost money.

Anyone tried any yet? Like them? Dislike them? Tried two and prefered one over the other?

Phazer

2late2be

macrumors member
Jul 7, 2008
I bought the Cookie Bonus Solitaire, im a member of the web version, you can chat with other while playing, though it doesn't have undo option...:(

Niiro13

macrumors 68000
Feb 12, 2008
Illinois
The one closest is Solitaire...lol. The graphics are kinda ugly though.

Solitaire forever is nice, and it's nice they kept the graphics the same as their desktop app...but it's just too much for me...all the animation, etc.

mondo is what I consider the best...or Platinum.

But for me it's either mondo or solebon.

thirdeyeopen666

macrumors 6502
Sep 16, 2007
Let's hope iSolitaire makes it to the App Store soon. Would gladly pay 5 bucks for it, especially since I've already gotten so much use out of it on my jb'd phone.

iunnohead

macrumors regular
May 10, 2008
I got Platinum Solitaire and love it. It has Solitaire as well as Golf, FreeCell, Spider, Pyramid, etc.

Project-79

macrumors 6502
Apr 11, 2008
Canada
mondo Solitaire Question

The one closest is Solitaire...lol. The graphics are kinda ugly though.

Solitaire forever is nice, and it's nice they kept the graphics the same as their desktop app...but it's just too much for me...all the animation, etc.

mondo is what I consider the best...or Platinum.

But for me it's either mondo or solebon.

For mondo solitaire,

Do you drag the card to the right spot, or do you just tap the card and it moves to the best spot? I saw a video that looked like you just tapped the card and it moves for you. Tapping the card seems a little too easy (not challenging enough).

P-79

deadstick

macrumors newbie
Jul 12, 2008
Hello,

I'm the developer of iSolitaire and have a version based on this in the queue waiting to be approved. Look for "Solitaire Top 3" to appear soon. It includes three games; Klondike, FreeCell and Spider.

More info here:

http://solitaire.rustyredwagon.com

chrisb3

macrumors regular
Jul 12, 2008
Brooklyn, NY
IMHO, with 150 Solitaire games for $5.99, Solitaire Forever gets my vote.

The dev is currently looking into allowing you to listen to music while playing.

mikeleeuk

macrumors member
Oct 5, 2007
North Walsham
For mondo solitaire,

Do you drag the card to the right spot, or do you just tap the card and it moves to the best spot? I saw a video that looked like you just tapped the card and it moves for you. Tapping the card seems a little too easy (not challenging enough).

P-79

You can do either. I find Mondo a little laggy and fiddly, but there are a lot of different card games and who knows, maybe there'll be an update at some point to make it a bit faster. :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.