Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

joemarioz

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 16, 2008
I live in Honduras and I was searching around the new app store and noticed that Guatemala, Panama, Costa Rica, El Salvador where there, but many other latin american countries such as Honduras were not there so I wondered is it gonna stay like that or will the keep updating it for a honduran credit card and the rest of latin americas credit cards???

Samarium

macrumors 6502a
Jan 6, 2008
@ home.
I live in Honduras too. I buy gift card's. I expect an App Store after August 22(Official release date for the iPhone 3G for Claro).

joemarioz

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 16, 2008
I live in Honduras too. I buy gift card's. I expect an App Store after August 22(Official release date for the iPhone 3G for Claro).

WOW I am Amazed that someone in my country has a love for apple as well, thank you I am hoping an app store too for the 22nd but I believe its unlikely they do one so y will use a central american credit card and use it with el salvador or guatemala. Thankyou By the way im from san pedro

P.S: how do you use gift cards?

Gracias!

Samarium

macrumors 6502a
Jan 6, 2008
@ home.
Sorry for posting in english, I don't know if posting in any other language is permitted. For the Gift Card's thing, you only buy one (WalMart, Costco, Best Buy) and then you click Redeem on the iTunes Store. Scratch the number on the Gift Card, insert it into the Redeem page on the iTunes Store and you start the process for creating an account.

Edit: Si. It's not everyday that you see a Mac down here. :)

TEG

macrumors 604
Jan 21, 2002
Langley, Washington
I would expect the App Store to be specific to your country, as it is an offshoot of the iTunes Store. So you should be able to use your local credit cards in it. However, I am unsure as to how this will work if your country does not yet have an iTunes Store. Perhaps a specialized no-music store will be launched, or they will launch a music store at the same time.

(And I believe that posting in another language is allowed, so long as there is an English translation posted as well.)

--- Español via Babelfish ---
Esperaría que el almacén del App fuera específico a su país, pues es un vástago del almacén de los iTunes. Tan usted debe poder utilizar sus tarjetas de crédito locales en él. Sin embargo, soy inseguro en cuanto a cómo esto trabajará si su país todavía no tiene un almacén de los iTunes. Quizás un almacén especializado de la ninguno-música será lanzado, o lanzarán un almacén de la música al mismo tiempo.
(Y creo que la fijación en otra lengua está permitida, siempre y cuando hay una traducción inglesa fijada también.)

TEG

joemarioz

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 16, 2008
I would expect the App Store to be specific to your country, as it is an offshoot of the iTunes Store. So you should be able to use your local credit cards in it. However, I am unsure as to how this will work if your country does not yet have an iTunes Store. Perhaps a specialized no-music store will be launched, or they will launch a music store at the same time.

(And I believe that posting in another language is allowed, so long as there is an English translation posted as well.)

--- Español via Babelfish ---
Esperaría que el almacén del App fuera específico a su país, pues es un vástago del almacén de los iTunes. Tan usted debe poder utilizar sus tarjetas de crédito locales en él. Sin embargo, soy inseguro en cuanto a cómo esto trabajará si su país todavía no tiene un almacén de los iTunes. Quizás un almacén especializado de la ninguno-música será lanzado, o lanzarán un almacén de la música al mismo tiempo.
(Y creo que la fijación en otra lengua está permitida, siempre y cuando hay una traducción inglesa fijada también.)

TEG

Thanks for that, I hope You are right, but I read in a mag that Bob Borchers said, ''the app store will be available in 62 countries including latin america'' but he did not mention Honduras so there are eight countries that dont have app store yet (costa rica has an app store but they will not have iphone) so I hope that at their respective launch they lauch an app store too..

joemarioz

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 16, 2008
Yesterday I went to a Claro store to ask about the launch they told me:
- We dont know anything about the app store
- It is not launching on the 22nd but several days later( we will suposedly know when it arrives by seeing the newspaper as they told me..)
- They are doing a kind of special lauch for it as well as every other countries.. duh

Samarium

macrumors 6502a
Jan 6, 2008
@ home.
Hola. Lei en el periodico de hoy y se habla del lanzamiento para este viernes pero no era de Claro el ad. entonces no se que tan cierto es. Let's keep our hopes up.

joemarioz

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 16, 2008
Hola. Lei en el periodico de hoy y se habla del lanzamiento para este viernes pero no era de Claro el ad. entonces no se que tan cierto es. Let's keep our hopes up.

Pues es Cierto!

Acabo de recibir los emails de Claro y de Apple confirmandolo!

No le puedo poner la foto como atachment porque el servidor no responde -_-

It is true!
Ive just recieved the emails from apple and claro
i cannot send the attachementfile cause the server does not repond -_-

Samarium

macrumors 6502a
Jan 6, 2008
@ home.
Received the e-mail too.

I'm having one as soon as possible. The company already ordered 100, so one of those is mine. Estoy esperando que nuestro paquete sea de los primeros que den y que me den la facilidad de escoger color. Good luck.

P.S. Should we start making a line outside Claro besides Friday's? Haha.

joemarioz

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 16, 2008
Received the e-mail too.

I'm having one as soon as possible. The company already ordered 100, so one of those is mine. Estoy esperando que nuestro paquete sea de los primeros que den y que me den la facilidad de escoger color. Good luck.

P.S. Should we start making a line outside Claro besides Friday's? Haha.

Hahaha Im getting mine on tuesday for sure.. dont know at which store in san pedro but i do not believe there are only 100 of them it is just hard to believe! they will sell out at the firts hour! I hope there are many left on tuesday cause im getting 16 gb

I know the plans allready!

$36: 5000 y 7000

$50: no se pero me imagino que este debe costar los respectivos 200 y 300 dolares..

$60: me dijieron que el de ocho costaba 1000 con este plan!

joemarioz

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 16, 2008
And another thing....... there is no app store;( ;( ;( ;( ;( ;( noooooooooooo

Sorry TEG y was right!
Im getting an american credit card right now!

Samarium

macrumors 6502a
Jan 6, 2008
@ home.
Insisto, compra Gift Cards. Las podes comprar en Amazon desde Transexpress o en G-box Mall(incluso hay una sucursal de ellos en el City Mall). Ellos se encargan de comprarlo con tarjeta de credito Estadounidense y se encargan de traertelo para aca. Suerte, me avisas como te va.

rschenkel

macrumors newbie
Sep 8, 2008
Hi all. Hope someone gets this post.

I just bought one last week as well. I had to go the El Progreso store, because after going to the stores in the malls at SPS several times, it looked like they just did not wanted to sell me the iPhone!!

Well, it also came to me as a shock that I could not create an iTunes account for downloading apps and music from it, because the iTunes store is not available for Honduras. I tried creating the account from other countries (Mexico, even El Salvador and Guatemala!!!), and it doesn't take my Honduras issued cards. I do not have any international issued credit card, so that's not a possibility for me.

WTF? One of the main reasons for which I bought the iPhone was applications, and I can't get them!! I would seem logical that if they launched the freakin' iPhone, they should have the app store available, one of the key advantages the iPhone has over other smart phones!!

I sent an email to apple yesterday complaining about this, and asking if there are any plans to make the store available for us, and when. If they answer me I'll let you know.

Also, Samarium, the Amazon.com gift cards requires you to already have an iTunes music store account for using them, so I don't this that is a possibility, cause I could not create an account.

If anyone knows something else about this, please post.

Thanks.

joemarioz

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 16, 2008
Hi all. Hope someone gets this post.

I just bought one last week as well. I had to go the El Progreso store, because after going to the stores in the malls at SPS several times, it looked like they just did not wanted to sell me the iPhone!!

Well, it also came to me as a shock that I could not create an iTunes account for downloading apps and music from it, because the iTunes store is not available for Honduras. I tried creating the account from other countries (Mexico, even El Salvador and Guatemala!!!), and it doesn't take my Honduras issued cards. I do not have any international issued credit card, so that's not a possibility for me.

WTF? One of the main reasons for which I bought the iPhone was applications, and I can't get them!! I would seem logical that if they launched the freakin' iPhone, they should have the app store available, one of the key advantages the iPhone has over other smart phones!!

I sent an email to apple yesterday complaining about this, and asking if there are any plans to make the store available for us, and when. If they answer me I'll let you know.

Also, Samarium, the Amazon.com gift cards requires you to already have an iTunes music store account for using them, so I don't this that is a possibility, cause I could not create an account.

If anyone knows something else about this, please post.

Thanks.

What can I say.. WOW im in the same situation as you are, at san pedro they just did not care at all an didnt want to sell me the phone so I gave up and told them that im fine with tigo so i did not buy it.. and for the app store i thought that too but cause i didnt buy the phone y did not do it

P.S did they sold the phone flawlessly in progreso??

rschenkel

macrumors newbie
Sep 8, 2008
Yeah, it was a pain in the ass going to all Claro stores in SPS. On one occasion, when I asked first if they had, they said yes (even showed me one), but said I had to wait my turn. After waiting for about 10 minutes, it's finally my turn, and the woman told me "I'm sorry, but the system is down". F... you!!! Why didn't you told me from the beggining! or when you saw me sitting there waiting!!! Man, I was pissed... I have been Claro's customer for more than 3 years, but this made me think of switching to Tigo...

Well, I went to the Progreso store, cause I work in Progreso, and the store was empty. I asked about the iPhone, they said they had it, and had to go through again them explaining the plans and stuff... it took about 30 minutes or so. And when I got to go to the cashier window to pay up, the cashier sees me with the credit card on my hand and says "Oh, but the credit card system is not working right now." WTF!! I was starting to think that God just did not want me to get the iPhone... and I had already signed the freaking 2 year contract... and I did not have enough cash for paying for everything (oh, BTW, they charge an additional 90$ for and "insurance" deposit, that they said that it was in case I missed a payment).

So the cashier looks at me, sees that I'm about to start yelling at her and says "Give me the card, I'll try to pass it". And lo and behold, the card passed (it was the most satisfying "beep" I heard in my life). And they gave the phone, but I had to wait till the next day to use it because the person responsible for activating the iPhone was not in the store that day. But I thought, what's an additional day if I had waited several months for this. And it worked all right the next day.

About the iTunes app store, from another forum I got the tip to use the El Salvador store, and put my credit card, and use any state. And it worked all right. My iPhone is already full of crappy apps. Just kidding, some apps are really good, I recommend the Midomi program, it is great.

Sorry for the long post, but that is the long adventure I had to endure to get one of these. And I must say, I love it.

Hopes this helps.

joemarioz

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 16, 2008
Yeah, it was a pain in the ass going to all Claro stores in SPS. On one occasion, when I asked first if they had, they said yes (even showed me one), but said I had to wait my turn. After waiting for about 10 minutes, it's finally my turn, and the woman told me "I'm sorry, but the system is down". F... you!!! Why didn't you told me from the beggining! or when you saw me sitting there waiting!!! Man, I was pissed... I have been Claro's customer for more than 3 years, but this made me think of switching to Tigo...

Well, I went to the Progreso store, cause I work in Progreso, and the store was empty. I asked about the iPhone, they said they had it, and had to go through again them explaining the plans and stuff... it took about 30 minutes or so. And when I got to go to the cashier window to pay up, the cashier sees me with the credit card on my hand and says "Oh, but the credit card system is not working right now." WTF!! I was starting to think that God just did not want me to get the iPhone... and I had already signed the freaking 2 year contract... and I did not have enough cash for paying for everything (oh, BTW, they charge an additional 90$ for and "insurance" deposit, that they said that it was in case I missed a payment).

So the cashier looks at me, sees that I'm about to start yelling at her and says "Give me the card, I'll try to pass it". And lo and behold, the card passed (it was the most satisfying "beep" I heard in my life). And they gave the phone, but I had to wait till the next day to use it because the person responsible for activating the iPhone was not in the store that day. But I thought, what's an additional day if I had waited several months for this. And it worked all right the next day.

About the iTunes app store, from another forum I got the tip to use the El Salvador store, and put my credit card, and use any state. And it worked all right. My iPhone is already full of crappy apps. Just kidding, some apps are really good, I recommend the Midomi program, it is great.

Sorry for the long post, but that is the long adventure I had to endure to get one of these. And I must say, I love it.

Hopes this helps.

Wow what an adventure... so I just have 2 more questions: did you had to go through credit card verefication and stuff ( crediticio creo.. para comprobar que pagaras tu plan de pospago) or did they just gave it to you without the verification process cause that was what got me stuck on san pedro, and give me the detailed procedure for the app store on el salvador cause in that case which would be the billing adress?

Samarium

macrumors 6502a
Jan 6, 2008
@ home.
Amigos, con una Gift Card pueden crear la cuenta. No se compliquen. Ya he hecho varias cuentas para mis familiares (aparte de la mia) con Gift Cards. Si especificamente las Gift Cards de Amazon piden que uno ya tenga una cuenta, comprela de la pagina de WalMart por internet. Seguramente en TransExpress o en G-Box Mall tambien han de tener lugares donde comprarlas.

rschenkel

macrumors newbie
Sep 8, 2008
No me pidieron ningún tipo de verificacion crediticia. Talvez porque ya tenía la línea postpago con ellos desde hace tiempo.

Con la tienda de El Salvador, sólo pones cualquier dirección, con cuajauier departamento, y pones tu tc de Honduras y te la acepta.

Creo que voy a seguir la recomendación de comprar la gift card, porque no podes comprar nada en la tienda de El Salvador, mas que apps. Sería interesante poder bajar musica, ringtones y vídeos.

Espetó que esto te ayude. Saludos.

joemarioz

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 16, 2008
Amigos, con una Gift Card pueden crear la cuenta. No se compliquen. Ya he hecho varias cuentas para mis familiares (aparte de la mia) con Gift Cards. Si especificamente las Gift Cards de Amazon piden que uno ya tenga una cuenta, comprela de la pagina de WalMart por internet. Seguramente en TransExpress o en G-Box Mall tambien han de tener lugares donde comprarlas.

Ok, a mi me gustaria mucho tener la itunes store estadounidense pero realmente no se como hacerla, cuando voy a hacerla me piden una tarjeta de credito un billing adress y otras cosas como el zip code, en las cuales no se que poner, si me podrias ayudar en como hacerla estaria agradecido.

Samarium

macrumors 6502a
Jan 6, 2008
@ home.
Es que el proceso para hacer una cuenta usando una Gift Card es diferente. Solo se mete el numero, te pide que creas una cuenta. Es relativamente facil. Solo es de comprar una GIft Card. Si queres compras una de $15 si no me crees.

joemarioz

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 16, 2008
Es que el proceso para hacer una cuenta usando una Gift Card es diferente. Solo se mete el numero, te pide que creas una cuenta. Es relativamente facil. Solo es de comprar una GIft Card. Si queres compras una de $15 si no me crees.

Ok, intentare hacer eso, solo una pregunta mas donde la puedo comprar aqui en honduras? (para tenerla mas rapido) o si no la comprare en amazon

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.