PDA

View Full Version : Solution: transfer applications to iTunes from iPhone

musicpenguy
Jul 10, 2008, 09:26 PM
For those having problems getting applications purchased on the iPhone back onto your computer ... here is the solution... right click on the name of your iPhone in the source bar - then click transfer purchases.

Hope this helps - I believe I saw a post earlier about this

pooryou
Jul 10, 2008, 09:34 PM
I think what you are supposed to do is check 'sync applications' in the applications tab of the iPhone tab in iTunes.
Why that is not checked by default I have no idea.

MarkW19
Jul 11, 2008, 03:37 PM
For those having problems getting applications purchased on the iPhone back onto your computer ... here is the solution... right click on the name of your iPhone in the source bar - then click transfer purchases.

Nice tip, thanks, exactly what I needed to do!

Syncing applications didn't work for one app.

Daremo
Jul 11, 2008, 10:11 PM
This is the solution I was looking for! Thanks!!!

mkrishnan
Jan 14, 2009, 05:44 PM
I've never seen that problem before, but it's good to know there's an easy solution! Thanks for sharing it. :)

SOHA
Jun 30, 2009, 09:48 PM

Thank you!

poso536
Jan 6, 2010, 04:59 PM
Can anybody help me?

I purchase multiples apps directly from my iphone but when I want to transfer the purchases to itunes, it does not do it. I right-click on my iPhone and then click on "Transfer Purchases". It starts to syn but then it goes away very quick.

Here is some steps that I already taken. All apps are legit and purchase from the apple apps store.

I have the latest iTunes 9
I tried 2 diferent apple usb cables
I de-authorize and re-authorize the main computer I use with my iphone
I uninstalled/reinstalled iTunes 9

Cartoonkid
Jan 6, 2010, 05:15 PM

That's cool! Thanks for the tip.

Any idea if this will work for something that was originally purchased via iTunes, sync'd to the iPhone and subsequently deleted from iTunes? Meaning, will it actually copy the app back to iTunes?

I originally downloaded a free game, Twisty Text Lite, several months ago. The developer released an update, and like a dummy, I dowloaded it in iTunes before reading that it added a bunch of advertisements. So I deleted the app from my iTunes so that it wouldn't overwrite the old version of the app on my phone, but now I don't have it available in iTunes should I have to restore my phone.

Cartoonkid
Jan 6, 2010, 05:20 PM
Can anybody help me?

I purchase multiples apps directly from my iphone but when I want to transfer the purchases to itunes, it does not do it. I right-click on my iPhone and then click on "Transfer Purchases". It starts to syn but then it goes away very quick.

Here is some steps that I already taken. All apps are legit and purchase from the apple apps store.

I've never had that problem, but I think there's a fairly simple way to get your apps into you iTunes.

Find the app in the app store in iTunes and "purchase" it again. Since you already paid for it (assuming it was a paid app), it should tell you that you've already purchased the item and give you the option to download it again for free.

If it was a free app, just download it again. Nothing to worry about there.

dhardawa
May 7, 2010, 07:35 PM
Can anybody help me?

I realize I'm really late on this, but was having an identical problem so maybe this will help someone in the future. I called support and the reason nothing would transfer is because the "Applications" folder in the library hadn't been created. I went to Edit - Preferences and in the "General" tab had to select "Applications" to be shown in the library. Once I did that, the folder was created and I was able to transfer all my applications right over.

pkiula
Jul 31, 2010, 05:55 AM
This is a pretty useless tip, because it only works on the Mac that's already synced with the iPhone. In other words, if you purchase an app from the iPhone, then you can copy those apps on to your Mac that is ALREADY the one you use.

For those of us looking to transfer apps from an iPhone to an iTunes that is on another Mac, this is useless.

Sadly, for some reason, this posting comes up first on Google when I search for transfering all my apps to a new Mac. So I had the same problem as one of the users above -- the "Transfer Apps" does nothing but gives an error "Some of your apps are not authorized on this iTunes".

Any thoughts on how to transfer apps from my iPhone on to a new iTunes, on a new Mac?

thewill586
Aug 3, 2010, 04:11 AM
This is a pretty useless tip, because it only works on the Mac that's already synced with the iPhone. In other words, if you purchase an app from the iPhone, then you can copy those apps on to your Mac that is ALREADY the one you use.

For those of us looking to transfer apps from an iPhone to an iTunes that is on another Mac, this is useless.

Sadly, for some reason, this posting comes up first on Google when I search for transfering all my apps to a new Mac. So I had the same problem as one of the users above -- the "Transfer Apps" does nothing but gives an error "Some of your apps are not authorized on this iTunes".

Any thoughts on how to transfer apps from my iPhone on to a new iTunes, on a new Mac?

iPhone/iPod/iPad can only be synced with one library. If you are trying to migrate to a new Mac, try the migration tool on the OSX DVD

yourmomzhero
Dec 11, 2010, 04:11 PM
i had this problem and it was saying that i was "not authorized". i clicked on the itunes store tab at the top of the itunes window and clicked "authorize this computer". it said this computer was already authorized but then magically allowed me to sync my apps. try it and see.

Eldiablojoe
Dec 11, 2010, 10:46 PM
i had this problem and it was saying that i was "not authorized". i clicked on the itunes store tab at the top of the itunes window and clicked "authorize this computer". it said this computer was already authorized but then magically allowed me to sync my apps. try it and see.I know you're a newbie that just joined this month. I want to say thanks for taking the time to STFF and post your inquiry into an existing thread rather than starting another one. This is how it should be done. You get an A+ in Forum Citizenship.