PDA

View Full Version : Stocks app?

greenmymac
Jul 10, 2008, 09:46 PM
Has anyone seen a decent stock app in the app store ( the one already on the phone doesn't cut it)

sharp65
Jul 10, 2008, 09:47 PM
Have you tried bloomberg? It seems to have a lot of info from the screenshots.

bavarian3
Bloomberg!

PLin
Has anyone seen a decent stock app in the app store ( the one already on the phone doesn't cut it)

Bloomberg looks promising.

greenmymac
Jul 10, 2008, 09:48 PM
Bloomberg looks promising.

Thanks! downloading now I hope it does the NYMEX markets

surfer99
Jul 10, 2008, 09:59 PM
Bloomberg is great on the iPhone. Not everything you need just yet but it has major promise. Only thing I wish it had was the ability to change the time frame of the stock charts. I believe that you cannot change it from one year.

Aniej
Jul 10, 2008, 10:34 PM
Bloomberg, get's my vote both for great new stock app and next Governor of New York!

greenmymac
Jul 10, 2008, 10:36 PM
Bloomberg, get's my vote both for great new stock app and next Governor of New York!

I cant add Crude Oil into my stocks ( i want the crude oil from NYMEX ) ( I kinda need it for a research thing for school )

so if you know how please share...

paj
Jul 10, 2008, 11:09 PM
I cant add Crude Oil into my stocks ( i want the crude oil from NYMEX ) ( I kinda need it for a research thing for school )

so if you know how please share...
The Light Sweet Crude Oil symbol for the built in Yahoo iphone app is CLQ08.NYM
This is the front month futures contract (for August delivery).

greenmymac
Jul 10, 2008, 11:11 PM
The Light Sweet Crude Oil symbol for the built in Yahoo iphone app is CLQ08.NYM
This is the front month futures contract (for August delivery).

So what do I type in the search area of bloomberg

its ask for company name and I tried crude oil and light sweet and it didn't have that one CLQ08.NYM in there :-(

calumrobinson
Jul 11, 2008, 05:44 AM
Bloomberg is great on the iPhone. Not everything you need just yet but it has major promise. Only thing I wish it had was the ability to change the time frame of the stock charts. I believe that you cannot change it from one year.

Rotate the screen whilst viewing a security to view a chart. From there you can view anything between intraday and a 5 year chart.

Alan Taylor
Jul 11, 2008, 06:10 AM
Now if only I could afford to buy stock!!

surfer99
Jul 11, 2008, 08:25 AM
Rotate the screen whilst viewing a security to view a chart. From there you can view anything between intraday and a 5 year chart.

ahhh, I see. Well now I can say that this has everything I need in a financial app. thanks for the help

nutmac
Jul 11, 2008, 11:39 AM
While Bloomberg is the best stocks tracker at the moment, it does have number of annoyance. Creating portfolio is pain (you cannot filter out non-US tickers, for instance), there's no way to group stocks into a category (e.g., transport, utilities, technology), and it doesn't sync against Bloomberg's website.

samsonitep
Jul 13, 2008, 12:28 PM
While Bloomberg is the best stocks tracker at the moment, it does have number of annoyance. Creating portfolio is pain (you cannot filter out non-US tickers, for instance), there's no way to group stocks into a category (e.g., transport, utilities, technology), and it doesn't sync against Bloomberg's website.

are the quotes done in real-time? or 20 minute delayed thanks!

aridon
Jul 13, 2008, 02:08 PM

Thank you very much.

DiamondMac
Jul 13, 2008, 11:12 PM
I tried the Bloomberg but will just stick to the regular apple stock app which does for me what I need to know