PDA

View Full Version : Audiobook files onto aiff or mp3?

rlhubley
Dec 17, 2003, 10:34 AM
Unfortunately, I do not own an iPod. No $$ for it. However, I have downloaded a couple of books from the iTMS. They turned out great and I really enjoyed both of them. I would like to give them another listen while I am on the road this holiday season. The problem is that each book consists of only four files, each are huge and they the protected AAC files.

Is there ANY way I can burn these to a regular aiff file cd for use on a car cd player(not .mp3 player). Each file is too large to fit on an individual cd when iTunes converts it, so the files need to split up.

Please help, i have a LOT of driving time next week and this could keep me awake for most of it!!!

spiraliv
Dec 18, 2003, 03:18 AM
You can split them up in a program such as Sound Studio or Spark ME (I prefer Sound Studio but Spark is free) and also adjust AIFF compression in those programs.

I imagine you might be able to use one of those programs for splitting up MPEGs to keep them each a certain size but I don't know of any.

rlhubley
Dec 18, 2003, 08:19 AM
Cool, I have Sound Studio and will try that tonight. I'm not sure that it will read a protected apple sound file though