PDA

View Full Version : Steve Jobs Keynote at MWSF?

MacRumors
Dec 17, 2003, 10:43 AM
ThinkSecret reports (http://www.thinksecret.com/news/mwsf03keynote.html) that Steve Jobs will be giving the keynote speech at MacWorld San Francisco 2004.

Astute readers may have noticed that no official announcement has yet been given for the Keynote speaker at the January event. According to ThinkSecret, the announcement has been delayed for unclear reasons at the request of Steve Jobs. They report that satellite time has been booked for the event.

Traditionally, Apple has offered a live Quicktime stream of the MacWorld Keynotes. As usual, MacRumors will also provide live web and IRC (http://www.macrumors.com/pages/2003/06/20030608214842.shtml) coverage of the event.

The MacWorld Expo (http://www.macworldexpo.com/) begins Tuesday, January 6th.

Ambrose Chapel
Dec 17, 2003, 10:44 AM
i think i'll be taking a long lunch at cambridgeside that day...

SpY2K
Dec 17, 2003, 10:46 AM
maybe delay in announcement has to do with the significance of January 2004 [] January 1984 the 20th anniversary of our beloved Mac. I can't wait... :D

happyadam
Dec 17, 2003, 10:51 AM
Don't know why it's so hush. He's admitted it himself on his blog (justonemorething.com):

"Another one: Marketer of the Year: Apple. I may not have time to mention all these awards during the January keynote. "

mrsebastian
Dec 17, 2003, 10:55 AM
if there's one thing we've learned about steve over the years, he likes to keep us on our toes... the suspense is killing me! i'm getting a new g5 and display soon and sure would love to see updated g5s and a 30 screen.

arn
Dec 17, 2003, 10:56 AM
Originally posted by happyadam
Don't know why it's so hush. He's admitted it himself on his blog (justonemorething.com):

"Another one: Marketer of the Year: Apple. I may not have time to mention all these awards during the January keynote. "

you know that blog is a humor/parody site, don't you?

arn

SpY2K
Dec 17, 2003, 11:02 AM
Don't know why it's so hush. He's admitted it himself on his blog (justonemorething.com)
parady site... read the very bottom... ;)
the only real Jobs site I know is his .Mac site here... http://homepage.mac.com/steve the resume is great

happyadam
Dec 17, 2003, 11:04 AM
Originally posted by arn
you know that blog is a humor/parody site, don't you?

arn

well I do now. thanks.

skymaXimus
Dec 17, 2003, 11:27 AM
Maybe he's sick, got the flu or something and didn't want to disappoint peeps if he announced the keynote and then wasn't able to do it.

AmigoMac
Dec 17, 2003, 11:32 AM
I don't know really what it is but....

Can't wait... credit card is getting ready...;)

TomSmithMacEd
Dec 17, 2003, 11:59 AM
If he doesn't I couldn't see any huge product annoucements. Who would be able to give them?

Dahl
Dec 17, 2003, 12:20 PM
MacWorld is like another xmas, I hope Santa Jobs have some great news for us all.

jeremy.king
Dec 17, 2003, 12:57 PM
The only words I can't wait to hear is...

"Oh yeah. One more thing..."

:D

pjkelnhofer
Dec 17, 2003, 01:04 PM
Originally posted by Dahl
MacWorld is like another xmas, I hope Santa Jobs have some great news for us all.
Once again, I have a question for those of you who follow Apple product announcements more closely than I.
Does a Steve Jobs keynote equal a major product announcement?

arn
Dec 17, 2003, 01:17 PM
Originally posted by pjkelnhofer

Does a Steve Jobs keynote equal a major product announcement?

no... Steve Jobs doing the keynote is the norm.

arn

animemaster
Dec 17, 2003, 01:22 PM
How about the words, "A few more thing?"

-animemaster

sparks9
Dec 17, 2003, 01:23 PM
What will Apple do without Steve? They can't do anything right without him. I hope he stays for a very long time.

Awimoway
Dec 17, 2003, 01:39 PM
Good point. What will Apple do when he dies? Encase his body in glass at the center of Apple's campus so that all the employees can still look to him for inspiration? Post turtlenecked sentries wielding iSights at the grave?

Can we clone him?

:D

Steamboatwillie
Dec 17, 2003, 01:48 PM
You know, I was about to buy a new G4 iBook. What was i thinking. I'll wait till after the big to-do in January... Any speculation on speed bumps for the iBooks?

Belly-laughs
Dec 17, 2003, 02:08 PM
I wonder what 2004 will be the year of...

wrldwzrd89
Dec 17, 2003, 02:36 PM
I am hopeful that Apple will announce updated G5s (read my signature for the reason why). Even if Apple doesn't announce new G5s, I would still be interested in all the other Apple-related news. (Yes, I'm typing this on my Windows box, in case you were wondering.)

Westside guy
Dec 17, 2003, 03:01 PM
Yeah, I'd think this would only be news if they announced Steve wasn't giving the Keynote! :D

Maybe it'll be "2004 - the year Steve stops having nightmares about Motorola".

~Shard~
Dec 17, 2003, 03:16 PM
Originally posted by skymaXimus
Maybe he's sick, got the flu or something and didn't want to disappoint peeps if he announced the keynote and then wasn't able to do it.

I'd hate to know what kinf of flu he has if he already knows it would sideline him for 3 more weeks! I doubt this is the case... ;)

Exponent
Dec 17, 2003, 03:37 PM
I wonder if the shenanigans down at Disney could have something to do with this. Remember, Eisner is very unpopular with the shareholders, and more than one of them is proposing that Uncle Stevie take the reigns.

~Shard~
Dec 17, 2003, 03:44 PM
Originally posted by Steamboatwillie
You know, I was about to buy a new G4 iBook. What was i thinking. I'll wait till after the big to-do in January... Any speculation on speed bumps for the iBooks?

Anything is possible, but there is a LONG list of products to be updated before the iBooks. Plus, they were just upgraded a couple months ago. I see updates being announced to the G5 PMs (speed boosts), LCDs, and xServes very soon, probably at MWSF, and then I see G5 iMacs, iPod updates and even G5 PBs before iBook updates. But who knows, just my opinion. :cool:

FlamDrag
Dec 17, 2003, 03:53 PM
200(4)Ghz would be nice. Obviously those machines won't be debuted at MWSF, but announcing that the roadmap leads there in 04 would be nice.

varmit
Dec 17, 2003, 04:14 PM
Maybe he wants to annouce a peice of hardware or software, but doesn't want to do it unless it is finished. Or he will do it, just doesn't want everyone to know about it yet, because everyone knows he has something new or us everytime he does a speech.

iChan
Dec 17, 2003, 04:30 PM

is that really SJ's weblog???

cubist
Dec 17, 2003, 04:54 PM
Originally posted by varmit
Maybe he wants to annouce a peice of hardware or software, but doesn't want to do it unless it is finished. Or he will do it, just doesn't want everyone to know about it yet, because everyone knows he has something new or us everytime he does a speech.

Or maybe they're not sure if it's going to be ready or not. He wants to be sure that the booth will have sufficient cases of Apple Tablets and G5 iMacs before he announces them. :D

cubist
Dec 17, 2003, 04:54 PM
(sorry double post)

Belly-laughs
Dec 17, 2003, 05:19 PM
Originally posted by cubist
Or maybe they're not sure if it's going to be ready or not. He wants to be sure that the booth will have sufficient cases of Apple Tablets and G5 iMacs before he announces them. :D

I think hes having trouble with Keynote.

TorbX
Dec 17, 2003, 05:32 PM
Hello!

This keynote-thingy... It's SJ's speech, right? Seems like everybody in here is going to wach it. Can you watch it in the web? Where? Does it cost anything to watch?
:confused:

-TorbX.

arn
Dec 17, 2003, 05:50 PM
Originally posted by TorbX
Hello!

This keynote-thingy... It's SJ's speech, right? Seems like everybody in here is going to wach it. Can you watch it in the web? Where? Does it cost anything to watch?
:confused:

-TorbX.

it's generally a free Quicktime stream from Apple.com

Apple also broadcasts to Apple stores... so u can go to your local Apple store.

This is how they've done it in the past... I would assume it's the same until they announce officially.

arn

warcraftmaster
Dec 17, 2003, 06:00 PM
Originally posted by Belly-laughs
I wonder what 2004 will be the year of...

i think (and hope) it will be the year of the g5

why is he waitin.... i know ibet his wait tell after xmas

i woulder how many get sold on xmas hmmmmm

just my 2cent

~Shard~
Dec 17, 2003, 07:50 PM
Originally posted by cubist

Tablets, who knows. G5 iMacs - nope. Sorry - not until spring. :cool:

anodized
Dec 17, 2003, 09:51 PM
Sure, year of the G5 ; just like how 2003 was the year of the notebook.

Well, :D

IJ Reilly
Dec 17, 2003, 09:58 PM
He bloody well better be giving the keynote next month. I don't attend these things just for fun you know.

Knute5
Dec 18, 2003, 12:37 AM
Yeah, he's going to just sit back and have Phil give the keynote ... riiiiiiiiiight.

A friend who knows Steve says this: if Jobs thinks he can do something better than you, he's going to do it. And *nobody* gives better keynote than Jobs. You gotta give it up to the man on that...

He'll be there with blue clicker in hand.

macMaestro
Dec 18, 2003, 08:06 AM
This just appeared on MacNN 1/2 hour ago.

IDG World Expo today announced that Apple CEO Steve Jobs will deliver theopening keynote address for Macworld Expo San Francisco 2004 on Tuesday, January 6, 2004 at 9:00 a.m. The Expo will be held at San Francisco's Moscone Convention Center January 5-9, 2004. "This is the biggest Macintosh community event of the year and we're looking forward to a great show," said David Korse, president of IDG World Expo. "We are thrilled that Steve is going to kick off Macworld with a keynote address."

iChan
Dec 18, 2003, 08:12 AM
steve jobs = living legend, can't wait until this keynote... it's shaping up to be a killer.

geerlingguy
Dec 18, 2003, 08:42 AM
Look at:

http://www.apple.com/hotnews/

Steve is giving the keynote.

LimeiBook86
Dec 18, 2003, 09:56 AM
Maybe he will do the keynote via iSight if he is unable to make it in person ;)

IJ Reilly
Dec 18, 2003, 10:21 AM
Originally posted by LimeiBook86
Maybe he will do the keynote via iSight if he is unable to make it in person ;)

Yeah, maybe his works. Mine sure doesn't.