Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

engles

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 24, 2008
Has anyone been able to update their iPod Touch to version 2.0 through itunes?

zaraswan

macrumors newbie
May 16, 2008
it's spelled nada.
sorry, i'm just trying to find something to do while I wait for 2.0

mpshay

macrumors 6502
May 19, 2008
Florida
Still patiently (well maybe not so patiently or I would not be constantly checking for the update;)) waiting for update.

neb

macrumors member
Jul 11, 2008
For 5 hours now I've been clicking the Update button... no such luck. :mad:

ipodtouchcanada

macrumors newbie
Jul 11, 2008
something is happening now i press update then more info and nothing pops up it just goes back to my screen

EDIT: Now its back to the software is up to date

LeahM

macrumors 6502a
Mar 18, 2008
I'm giving up until around 930 pm tonight or tomorrow morning... I can't wait, I have stuff to do. :)

skipperj

macrumors newbie
Jul 11, 2008
I'm getting the same thing. No error this time. It just doesn't do anything and returns me to my iPod summary page in iTunes. THis is whether I click on "Learn More" in iTunes or from the Buy It on apple.com.

elbows

macrumors regular
Oct 27, 2005
Here in the UK I somehow managed to get it to update ipod touch to 2.0 through itunes, using the 'check for upgrade' button, approximately 5 or 6 hours ago. But it didnt make me pay, so Im confused as to what happened. I was on 1.1.4 before 2.0 went on through itunes.

conair360

macrumors newbie
Feb 6, 2008
Here in the UK I somehow managed to get it to update ipod touch to 2.0 through itunes, using the 'check for upgrade' button, approximately 5 or 6 hours ago. But it didnt make me pay, so Im confused as to what happened. I was on 1.1.4 before 2.0 went on through itunes.

same here....the itunes server crashed right after that meaning there was about a 15 minute window to get the upgrade....and apparently there was a bug with the whole "$10" thing.....luckily we early risers got it....and for free.......suckers!

elbows

macrumors regular
Oct 27, 2005
same here....the itunes server crashed right after that meaning there was about a 15 minute window to get the upgrade....and apparently there was a bug with the whole "$10" thing.....luckily we early risers got it....and for free.......suckers!

Cheers that makes complete sense of the situation. The only other explanation I had was that theyd decided to give it free to people who bought the January upgrade, but that was only a guess.

Not often I have good timing, anyway I didnt realise at the time that so few people would get a chance to get it properly through itunes, so I dont feel like gloating, I should just go and waste some hours trying all of the free apps Ive loaded onto it, wow some of them are so rubbish :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.