PDA

View Full Version : Favorite iTunes Internet Radio Station?

neoelectronaut
Dec 17, 2003, 02:16 PM
Well, after getting DSL a few days ago, I can finally listen to the other 95% of the internet radio stations that are in iTunes. I found a great one called "Dl.fm Vocal Trance"

What's your favorite? Reccomendations?

ebow
Dec 18, 2003, 08:35 AM
Well I usually prefer RadioParadise (under Alternative) but that won't suit everyone' tastes. For me, either either a great station for hours at a time, or just outside my areas of interest for hours at a time. "Intelligent eclectic rock" is their motto.

Mudbug
Dec 18, 2003, 11:15 AM
I listen to "The Spirit Of Jazz" channel while I'm working. It's usually pretty mainstream jazz, and makes for good office background music. Otherwise, my iPod is on ;)

jcole1994
Feb 17, 2008, 05:21 PM
My favorite is a third party radio station,its called WCRR Classic Rock Radio, there website is wcrr.vze.com i also like the beatles radio station but im not sure how to access it, i heard it on my brothers computer.

Flowero4ka
Feb 19, 2008, 04:08 AM
My favorite is a third party radio station,its called WCRR Classic Rock Radio, there website is wcrr.vze.com i also like the beatles radio station but im not sure how to access it, i heard it on my brothers computer.

How could I find this radio in iTunes? I open classic rock but see nothing.
Thereis only "WCR Leashed" - is it the same one?

protozoa
Feb 19, 2008, 09:36 PM
Recently it has been the ESPN talk radio stations.

One thing I have discovered is that talk radio stations can really make you start to hate any subject! :D I used to be a Sirius subscriber, and I would listen to the politics or sports talk radio stations. They eventually run out of material, and you end up listening to the same lame speculative gossip every couple hours. But, the biggest problem i run into with listening to ESPN is that they won't shut up about the NBA. I can't stand basketball at any level. I can't even understand how other people enjoy it... which is something I can't say for golf or tennis (and both are sports that I would rather have a lobotomy than watch on TV). But even with all that angst, I still prefer to click on sports talk radio over most any other choice.

jcole1994
Feb 20, 2008, 06:13 PM
How could I find this radio in iTunes? I open classic rock but see nothing.
Thereis only "WCR Leashed" - is it the same one? No, its not one of the preset ones, but if you go on there website you can download the file and listen. The website is WCRR.vze.com. If you have any problems i think they have a contact page.

rockthecasbah
Feb 20, 2008, 06:18 PM
From the iTunes options i like "Indie Pop Rocks! On SomaFM" under the alternative section. Haven't really listened to much else though because whenever i listen to music i just play stuff in my library or listen to different artist/tag radios on Last.fm

Substance
Feb 21, 2008, 12:50 PM
I forgot all about the iTunes radio stations. Back when this thread first started (2003) I was using the feature a little bit and discovered a New Age station that actually didn't drive me crazy. They repeated the same songs after a few hours, but it helped me discover a few decent songs (Brian Eno in particular) and made for a nice way to help me fall asleep on some nights. ;)

I'll have to try the iTunes stations again. For the last couple of years I've only listened to streams of Virgin Radio UK and Indie 103.1 (LA).

Angelo95210
Apr 15, 2009, 07:06 AM
Radio Paradise is great. I like KBWF as well, very pleasant team there.

Benguitar
May 8, 2009, 01:34 PM
The only "radio station" I listen to on iTunes is this one, although I had to download the link from their website, so I don't think it is under "Radio" in iTunes.

http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee180/Benguitar2/Picture1-15.png

:)

WannaIPhone
May 12, 2009, 09:48 AM
I like the hip-hop/r&b station called Da Bomb Internet Radio. Funny name, but they play all the new hip-hop and r&b as well as some older songs to add to the variety. It's very professionally run and actually sounds like an FM hip-hop station in St. Louis where I used to live. The best part about Da Bomb is that I hear a lot of new music on that station before my local station starts playing it! :D

fanbrain
May 12, 2009, 09:54 AM
Play Classical UK. I used to listen to it all day but now Pandora is preferred.

I'm based out of the US, I just prefer that particular station above all the others.

PreacherKane
May 15, 2009, 03:29 PM
SmoothLounge.com

Some of the best chillout tunes out there.:cool: