Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Macsforcollege?

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 16, 2008
Im tempted to get it really soon. Maybe even this weekend. But with all this Iphone stuff, should i wait? I want to be able to get assistance and make sure im all set. I wanted to wait until college gets a little closer. but i cant wait. i want to get it and learn all about it.

Aztec

macrumors regular
May 12, 2008
I'd suggest waiting a little but maybe that's just me. Seeing Montevina is rumored to be released on July 14th, and every major laptop brand has announced an upcoming laptop, Apple should be doing the same anytime soon. Since you don't necessarily need one until college, I'd say you should wait it out.

Macsforcollege?

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 16, 2008
I can wait until the 14th. but i keep reading the chances of the new macbook coming out the 14th are very very very very slim. I hear Augest-September. I will probably wait until mid-next week but if i dont hear anything then i might. Also, i dont want to deal with bugs when the new one comes out. many people are happy with the current one so i dont think i would mind too much.

t0mat0

macrumors 603
Aug 29, 2006
Home
Im tempted to get it really soon. Maybe even this weekend. But with all this Iphone stuff, should i wait? I want to be able to get assistance and make sure im all set. I wanted to wait until college gets a little closer. but i cant wait. i want to get it and learn all about it.

Just get to the store, go to the front past any queue not right in the start of the morning, make your intention to only get a laptop known to the front of the queue, then find a Apple store member fast, to get the laptop. will be busy, but would expect you should be able to get one - i'd imagine in a way, the Mac part of the stores is much less busy currently!

PowerBookRelic

macrumors 6502
Mar 7, 2008
I just went to the Buffalo store to get my black macbook. There was a huge line wrapping all the way around, and they were being difficult letting people in the front. If you just state that you are getting a new computer, they will make you wait up there and find an associate for you. It was a bit of a hassle, but it worked out just fine.

winninganthem

macrumors 6502a
Jun 10, 2008
Call the store to make an appointment with a personal shopping assistant. Then they'll have a guy ready to help you through your purchase.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.