Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

benlee

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Mar 4, 2007
I downloaded it this morning then left for work. Came back and it asked if I wanted to install it and I said yes. But then nothing happened. Where is the file downloaded to? because itunes is saying 1.1.4 is current.

Mikey B

macrumors 65816
Jan 4, 2008
the island
I downloaded it this morning then left for work. Came back and it asked if I wanted to install it and I said yes. But then nothing happened. Where is the file downloaded to? because itunes is saying 1.1.4 is current.

it goes to whatever folder your browser is set to download into by default. check out your browser prefs.

justmattyg

macrumors newbie
Aug 18, 2006
I read somewhere that you can restore your iphone with that file by clicking restore while holding option to browse for the correct file.

benlee

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Mar 4, 2007
I read somewhere that you can restore your iphone with that file by clicking restore while holding option to browse for the correct file.

yes but where do I find it when I browse for it?

benlee

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Mar 4, 2007
Never mind. I found it in users, preferences, itunes

the dark knight

macrumors newbie
Jul 11, 2008
This EXACT dilemma happened to me today...Before I left for work this morning, I downloaded the 2.0 software through iTunes. Then after I got home, I installed it and nothing happened and now I can't find the upgrade for the life of me. I don't know what to do and I'm not sure if I should wait till the servers are back up. Keep in mind that my phone is still fully functional as I have not been able to upgrade to 2.0. Please help!

benlee

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Mar 4, 2007
This EXACT dilemma happened to me today...Before I left for work this morning, I downloaded the 2.0 software through iTunes. Then after I got home, I installed it and nothing happened and now I can't find the upgrade for the life of me. I don't know what to do and I'm not sure if I should wait till the servers are back up. Keep in mind that my phone is still fully functional as I have not been able to upgrade to 2.0. Please help!

If you haven't figured it out yet. Hold option when you click upgrade. Then go under your home folder/Library/iTunes/iphoneupgrades (or something like that) find the 2.0 software and click OK. You should be good to go after that.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.