PDA

View Full Version : iPhone Developer Application Just Approved

nomar383
Jul 11, 2008, 05:43 PM
Just got my developer application approved by Apple to pay the $100, is everyone starting to get this email now?

antibact1
Jul 11, 2008, 05:48 PM
I'm in Canada and got this as well just now

ace2600
Jul 11, 2008, 06:05 PM
I was hoping to be the first to post this, darn. Anyways, this made my weekend.

SirOmega
Jul 11, 2008, 06:10 PM
It looks like they're opening the floodgates, I just got mine...

Time to spend the weekend writing software!

lucasgladding
Jul 11, 2008, 07:36 PM
I just received two acceptances in Canada. One was submitted when the program started and the other a few weeks ago. It looks like the program is completely open now.

Best of luck to all the developers who were waiting.

Cromulent
Jul 11, 2008, 07:44 PM
Even I have got one, damn, I was hoping to hold out on temptation to buy an iPhone for at least a couple of weeks :(.

jdog82
Jul 11, 2008, 07:47 PM
My brother recieved the email today that he was and further instructions for him to complete his registration

admanimal
Jul 11, 2008, 09:35 PM
I'm happy for you guys, but as a guy with an app already in the store, I'm also concerned. The review process for submitting apps/updates has been taking long enough as it is, the last thing any of us need is for it to get any slower. This is especially true for all of us who want to get important updates to our apps into the store.

firewood
Jul 11, 2008, 10:04 PM
I'm happy for you guys, but as a guy with an app already in the store, I'm also concerned. The review process for submitting apps/updates has been taking long enough as it is, the last thing any of us need is for it to get any slower. This is especially true for all of us who want to get important updates to our apps into the store.

One would hope that the App Store acceptance team would review updates that are bug fixes on a priority basis. After all, a buggy app reflects more poorly on the store than an app they don't even sell yet. But they're busy enough (understatement) that they probably do not want to encourage a lot of updates, some of which may not be critical to the customer, stuffing up the pipeline.

My initial submit is still stuck "In Review".

bengle3rt
Jul 11, 2008, 10:47 PM
Anyone getting Enterprise approval?

nerd
Jul 11, 2008, 10:55 PM
I just got my approval too. I guess they're finally letting in the riff-raff. Now if I could just get a new iphone...

tedsmith3rd
Jul 12, 2008, 12:47 AM
So yesterday morning I got the aforementioned email too, and I purchased D4521G/A from the developer store. Do I really have to wait for something to arrive in the postal mail or will there be a follow-up email with my activation code? I want to start testing on an actual phone!

piercer
Jul 12, 2008, 02:35 AM
Finally got my chance to pay my 59 for the privelege of puttng my own apps on my own iPhone (officially :-().

However the next part of the process is not clear. In the docs it sayd that I must create a CSR (certificate signing request) to get my certificate via the portal, BUT I don't know the CA email address, nor can I find anywhere to post the CSR if I could produce one.

Hopefully it will all become clear in time. Anybody know what to do?

philwa2
Jul 12, 2008, 11:16 AM
Exact same issue here, signed up to the developer program today and purchased through the online apple store, have recieved an email to let me know the order will be digitially delivered, but I havent recieved anything else.

I've read over at Iphone Dev Central that you need to login to the portal and generate a certificate - I assume that this should be done at http://developer.apple.com/iphone however I cannot see any options to do this??

philwhln
Jul 12, 2008, 12:41 PM
I'm still waiting for a confirmation email that I purchased it. Has anyone else got any further with this? I'm in Canada too

Lextar
Jul 12, 2008, 12:54 PM
Same here. I'm in Germany, paid the fee, got a confirmation email for my purchase stating that the item has been delivered electronically but I didn't get an activation code yet. In an older thread I read that it can take 24 hours until the activation code arrives. I think we should just be patient...

philwa2
Jul 12, 2008, 01:02 PM
thanks Lextar, hopefully we wont have to wait too long, I cant wait to get cracking with this :)

philwhln
Jul 12, 2008, 01:36 PM
My code just came through via email. That was only a couple of hours

firewood
Jul 12, 2008, 01:38 PM
Finally got my chance to pay my 59 for the privelege of puttng my own apps on my own iPhone (officially :-().

However the next part of the process is not clear. In the docs it sayd that I must create a CSR (certificate signing request) to get my certificate via the portal, BUT I don't know the CA email address, nor can I find anywhere to post the CSR if I could produce one.

Hopefully it will all become clear in time. Anybody know what to do?

There are instructions on the developer portal. You have to read them extra carefully several times, as there are multiple steps (well over a dozen) to get ALL the certificates, device ids, provisioning profiles, xcode organizer and project build configurations exactly correct. There are several web pages full of instructions. A lot of developers got stuck for days because they missed one step on one page. It took me 5 hours once to figure out I had dropped 1 certificate (out of maybe 4) in the wrong place.

You have to use the Keychain in Leopard 10.5.3. The instructions in the dev portal take you step by step on exactly how to get your CSR. Read them again.

nokq
Jul 12, 2008, 02:01 PM

I'm a bit bothered by your comment. This levels the playing field and will improve the quality of Applications in the store. I'm glad to see Apple is making good on their promise. I will finally be able to debug my multi touch game and finish it. Your not the only developer out there who wants to add his application to the store, others should have the same right and we're all in this together. Hopefully, Apple is prepared and will have the necessary resources in place to ensure that App updates get approved in a timely manner.

Thanks,
Cesar

dicklacara
Jul 12, 2008, 02:02 PM
I got the email (below), but when I try to activate I get an error message.

Of course support is only active M-F :(
Anyone been able to activate?

Dick

Error Message:

We are unable to activate your iPhone Developer Program membership because we are unable to successfully verify your identity. Please contact us and reference Enrollment ID# xxxxxxxxxx for further assistance.

email:

Thank you for applying to the iPhone Developer Program. To activate, simply click on the Activation code link below

Activation Code Part Number

iPhone Developer Program xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx D4521G/A

If you need furthur assistance, please contact us.

iPhone Developer Program

coolman
Jul 12, 2008, 02:33 PM
Approved yesterday.

Payed, confirmed the payment.

And expecting more news to proceed.

philwhln
Jul 12, 2008, 02:56 PM
Really cannot find this link...

"Download the OS X iPhone Disk Image (.dmg) from the iPhone Dev Center for the Apple device you are using."

I there, but the link didn't turn up to the party.

Anyone give me any pointer for this?

voidptr
Jul 12, 2008, 03:33 PM
Really cannot find this link...

"Download the OS X iPhone Disk Image (.dmg) from the iPhone Dev Center for the Apple device you are using."

I there, but the link didn't turn up to the party.

Anyone give me any pointer for this?

I think they haven't updated the docs yet.. Now that the 2.0 firmware is released, you just need that on your phone. There's no longer a development firmware version or the need to turn the phone into a development brick to provision an application in development.

philwhln
Jul 12, 2008, 03:35 PM
The docs are for the pre-release version of general release iphone firmware 2.0. "Restore" in iTunes to the this latest 2.0 firmware and hopefully the xcode will pop up and ask if you want to use for development.

philwhln
Jul 12, 2008, 03:48 PM
I think they haven't updated the docs yet.. Now that the 2.0 firmware is released, you just need that on your phone. There's no longer a development firmware version or the need to turn the phone into a development brick to provision an application in development.

Thanks voidptr. Just figured it out after a bit of headscratching

TonyHoyle
Jul 12, 2008, 03:49 PM

You got further than me... How do you try to activate? This is damned confusing :confused:

Wish apple just sent simple instructions rather than just saying 'electronically delivered' then nothing.

dejo
Jul 12, 2008, 03:56 PM
Alright, but what if you have an iPod Touch that you want to get to 2.0? Do I need to pay $9.95 on top of the $99 I already paid? When, had I been accepted last week, I could've got it for free.

dicklacara
Jul 12, 2008, 04:06 PM
You got further than me... How do you try to activate? This is damned confusing :confused:

Wish apple just sent simple instructions rather than just saying 'electronically delivered' then nothing.

There's a follow on email (like I showed in my original post) with an activation code/link.

The link rejects me?

HTH

Dick

TonyHoyle
Jul 12, 2008, 04:10 PM
There's a follow on email (like I showed in my original post) with an activation code/link.

I didn't get that one. I'd better call apple tomorrow, as the order status says complete, which it clearly isn't.

DreamPod
Jul 12, 2008, 04:12 PM
Once you've gotten fully accepted and installed the SDK, the process in a nutshell:

Logon to iPhone developer website, click the "Program Portal" button in the corner (all the full instructions and everything are in there there)

Request a certificate from Keychain on the Mac, open it in text editor, copy the contents and paste into the Certificates box in Program Portal

Download the created certificate from that screen, as well as the second one linked from that page - double click to install both

Add a device ID to your list for each device you want to test on

Create an AppID for the app you are going to create

Create a Provision, giving it the devices and AppID

Download the Provision and install in the XCode Organizer

Setup a project with Code Signing set to "iPhone Developer" (but only in the Device build, not the Simulator build)

...and you're done!

coolman
Jul 12, 2008, 04:37 PM
click the "Program Portal" button in the corner

Well maybe I'm not fully accepted yet. But I don't see the Program Portal thing.

Maybe monday. :)

voidptr
Jul 12, 2008, 05:21 PM
Well maybe I'm not fully accepted yet. But I don't see the Program Portal thing.

Maybe monday. :)

if you already got the email with the activation key, open up the iPhone developer page in safari, make sure you're logged in, and try clicking the link in the email again. It took me two tries last night to get it to take.

jehiah
Jul 12, 2008, 07:00 PM
Error Message:

We are unable to activate your iPhone Developer Program membership because we are unable to successfully verify your identity. Please contact us and reference Enrollment ID# xxxxxxxxxx for further assistance.

same error for me.

Any tips on what can be done to help resolve the identity problem?

dicklacara
Jul 12, 2008, 07:03 PM
same error for me.

Any tips on what can be done to help resolve the identity problem?

Nah.... Apple giveth, then Apple maketh uth waiteth!

piercer
Jul 13, 2008, 01:28 AM
I can not see the 'program portal' link either. I have generated a CSR, but have no where to put it. :mad:

tarasis
Jul 13, 2008, 02:27 AM
I am currently in the same boat, ordered the "iPhone Developer Program (Standard)" about midnight last night and 9 hours later I have only recieved the order confirmation email. Still no activation email :(

Had hoped it would have arrived so I could play this morning while I have a few hours peace and quiet. *sigh*

Lextar
Jul 13, 2008, 03:29 AM
I am currently in the same boat, ordered the "iPhone Developer Program (Standard)" about midnight last night and 9 hours later I have only recieved the order confirmation email. Still no activation email :(

Had hoped it would have arrived so I could play this morning while I have a few hours peace and quiet. *sigh*

I received the order confirmation 22 hours ago - still no activation code - I double-checked my spam folder...

tarasis
Jul 13, 2008, 03:33 AM
I received the order confirmation 22 hours ago - still no activation code - I double-checked my spam folder...

The silly thing is, I have a friend who ordered last night (he is in the US, I'm in Germany) and he got his activation email 20 minutes after his order was placed. Easier for them to automate checking?

TonyHoyle
Jul 13, 2008, 03:40 AM
The silly thing is, I have a friend who ordered last night (he is in the US, I'm in Germany) and he got his activation email 20 minutes after his order was placed. Easier for them to automate checking?

Checking for what, exactly? I'd imagine this was an automatic system. They've already taken the money.

No sign of the activation email here either...

deamb
Jul 13, 2008, 03:48 AM

Well, I got that confirmation of paiement friday at 6 pm New-York time.

Still waiting on an activation code...:mad:

I guess it's the Week-End...

Lextar
Jul 13, 2008, 03:49 AM

So I guess it's really the country that matters - I'm in Germany too and we have to wait. Maybe they can only check the identity on work days or something? (I hope not)

Lextar
Jul 13, 2008, 08:17 AM
I just got my activation code after more than 27 hours! Finally.

chas0001
Jul 13, 2008, 09:02 AM

Dick

Error Message:

email:

Thank you for applying to the iPhone Developer Program. To activate, simply click on the Activation code link below

iPhone Developer Program

I am having the exact same problem. I received the activation code and get the 'unable to verify your identity' crap. Did you manage to get it sorted?

dicklacara
Jul 13, 2008, 10:42 AM
I am having the exact same problem. I received the activation code and get the 'unable to verify your identity' crap. Did you manage to get it sorted?

Nope!

TonyHoyle
Jul 13, 2008, 12:20 PM
At last.. it arrived.

Getting apps running on the phone is a bear - had to read about 5 HOWTOs (which all contradicted each other :p) before I worked it out. It does make sense once you've picked through the mess but there's a lot of blind alleys..

tarasis
Jul 13, 2008, 01:37 PM
I just got my activation code after more than 27 hours! Finally.

Excellent news. I am still waiting after now 20 hours. Maybe just before I go to bed :(

itouch2007
Jul 13, 2008, 11:13 PM
Hi,

could someone help me please, I'm lost with this registration process..

Paid my money this morning (I'm in Australia), 5 hours later received email from apple with Activation code.

So I clicked on it, it took me to my apple profile, clicked continue and finished it.

Straight after that I've received another email from apple stating that:
"You are now a Registered iPhone Developer" and "To access the iPhone Dev Center and download the free SDK, simply click on the button below, and sign in using your Registered iPhone Developer Apple ID and password."

So I downloaded final build of iPhone SDK but can't find Programs Portal everyone is talking about here.

What should I do next? Should there be another email from apple?

Please help :(

DC Studios
Jul 13, 2008, 11:57 PM
Hi. It seems I have lost the email with the link. Is there any way I can put it back into my shopping cart through the iPhone Developer Connection?

Thanks.

firewood
Jul 13, 2008, 11:58 PM
Hi,

So I downloaded final build of iPhone SDK but can't find Programs Portal everyone is talking about here.

What should I do next? Should there be another email from apple?

Please help :(

Log into the Dev Center (Apple site where you downloaded the SDK), and then look where the login button used before you logged in.

itouch2007
Jul 14, 2008, 12:16 AM
Log into the Dev Center (Apple site where you downloaded the SDK), and then look where the login button used before you logged in.

thanks mate, but there is no Portal there, just my name and logout.

I have a bad feeling something went wrong with my activation, but then why did I receive confirmation email that I'm registered iPhone developer?

Edit: also there is this text: "Already applied to the Program? We are currently processing your enrollment application and will be contacting you soon."

DC Studios
Jul 14, 2008, 12:26 AM
thanks mate, but there is no Portal there, just my name and logout.

I have a bad feeling something went wrong with my activation, but then why did I receive confirmation email that I'm registered iPhone developer?

Edit: also there is this text: "Already applied to the Program? We are currently processing your enrollment application and will be contacting you soon."

Nevermind, I found the link.

http://developer.apple.com/iphone/enroll/purchaseProgram.action

Also, I am getting that "Already applied to the program? We are currently...". I was about to purchase the subscription but after reading all the trouble you all are having I am unsure.

itouch2007
Jul 14, 2008, 12:32 AM
Nevermind, I found the link.

http://developer.apple.com/iphone/enroll/purchaseProgram.action

Also, I am getting that "Already applied to the program? We are currently...". I was about to purchase the subscription but after reading all the trouble you all are having I am unsure.

I don't know, other people made it trough somehow, so I think its possible, I just don't know how :(

piercer
Jul 14, 2008, 12:44 AM
All sorted now, about a day after being accepted and paying I received an activation email. Since then have created a certificate and provisioning profile and can install apps on my devices - very cool.

itouch2007
Jul 14, 2008, 12:50 AM
All sorted now, about a day after being accepted and paying I received an activation email. Since then have created a certificate and provisioning profile and can install apps on my devices - very cool.

mate, if you don't mind could you describe activation process?

- Did you click on activation code link in the email and it took you to your profile?

- Did you receive and email after that stating that now you a registered iPhone developer?

- Did you see Programs Portal link on iPhone developers website straight away?

Thanks.

DC Studios
Jul 14, 2008, 01:12 AM

Will the applications stay on the phone when you disconnect / reboot it? If some of my apps get rejected I would like to have them for personal use.

Thanks.

admanimal
Jul 14, 2008, 01:31 AM
Will the applications stay on the phone when you disconnect / reboot it? If some of my apps get rejected I would like to have them for personal use.

Thanks.

Apps that you build will stay on the device until you delete them.

itouch2007
Jul 14, 2008, 02:11 AM
could anyone please help, I'm so lost..

Once you've received Activation Code and clicked on it, did you receive any more emails from apple after that?

Also, where you able to see Program Portal link straight away after activating the code or you had to wait another few hours/day etc.?

Thanks in advance.

lyptt
Jul 14, 2008, 02:55 AM
I had to wait a while before I saw the program portal, but inside the program portal there's a lot of how-to sections that give you all the information you need to get apps running on your iPhone.

tarasis
Jul 14, 2008, 02:55 AM
Finally 33 hours after I paid I have my activation code.

itouch2007
Jul 14, 2008, 04:50 AM
I had to wait a while before I saw the program portal, but inside the program portal there's a lot of how-to sections that give you all the information you need to get apps running on your iPhone.

did you get access to portal straight away after you activated your code or you have to wait after you activated and got registered?

This particular step is not clear to me, should I wait for some time or better of contacting apple as something might be wrong?

chas0001
Jul 14, 2008, 05:41 AM
I am still waiting for a reply to the email I sent to Apple when my activation failed. I am not at all impressed!

philipbroder
Jul 14, 2008, 06:05 AM
did you get access to portal straight away after you activated your code or you have to wait after you activated and got registered?

This particular step is not clear to me, should I wait for some time or better of contacting apple as something might be wrong?

I received the acceptance email Saturday morning, paid the $99 Sunday morning, and received the activation code this morning. Activation worked no problem and the Program Portal was immediately available.

After paying the $99 I too had no idea what the next step was so just gave it a day and the email turned up... Now I just have to learn obj-C and I'm in business!

itouch2007
Jul 14, 2008, 06:18 AM
I received the acceptance email Saturday morning, paid the $99 Sunday morning, and received the activation code this morning. Activation worked no problem and the Program Portal was immediately available.

After paying the $99 I too had no idea what the next step was so just gave it a day and the email turned up... Now I just have to learn obj-C and I'm in business!

thanks mate, it means my activation code is somehow stuffed up and I need to call Apple, damn I hate this :(

I don't see any links to portal and if I click on activation code again I get error message telling me that they can't process request right now.

wanion
Jul 14, 2008, 07:40 PM
thanks mate, it means my activation code is somehow stuffed up and I need to call Apple, damn I hate this :(

I don't see any links to portal and if I click on activation code again I get error message telling me that they can't process request right now.

I had the same problem. First time I clicked the activation link, it just quietly redirected me back to the normal iPhone dev center at http://developer.apple.com/iphone/index.action with no apparent changes. I couldn't spot anything different.

Assuming it hadn't worked, I tried again, and got the same error you appear to have got. I tried a couple more times. Still the same error. Tried a different browser and got the same error. Then tried again one last time about 20 minutes later and it worked fine. Now I have the "Program Portal" button in the top right.

Seems like the activation page is having problems. Just thought I'd share my experience, might be worth trying the link a couple more times before you give up?

itouch2007
Jul 14, 2008, 11:01 PM
Seems like the activation page is having problems. Just thought I'd share my experience, might be worth trying the link a couple more times before you give up?

thanks mate, but I think I've tried >100 times in total, it just doesn't work :(

I've already called Apple for Asia/Pacific region (I'm in Australia) and the guy on the other end couldn't help me, he said something that this is a known problem and apple developers are looking at it and they will contact me.

It will probably take forever so I guess I'll switch to Zune development or something :)

DC Studios
Jul 15, 2008, 12:33 AM
I just paid the $99 w/ $6 tax for my subscription. Didn't even receive an email saying "Thank you for giving use $105". Hm..

Kinda feel left out. Not even a confirmation email.

itouch2007
Jul 15, 2008, 12:43 AM
I just paid the $99 w/ $6 tax for my subscription. Didn't even receive an email saying "Thank you for giving use $105". Hm..

Kinda feel left out. Not even a confirmation email.

don't worry about that, I didn't receive confirmation email either..

But after few hours you should receive Activation Code and if all goes well you should get approved.

DC Studios
Jul 15, 2008, 01:15 AM
don't worry about that, I didn't receive confirmation email either..

But after few hours you should receive Activation Code and if all goes well you should get approved.

Cool. Just got it. Took about 1 - 1 1/2 hours. Not bad!

About to activate! I'm pretty excited.

EDIT:

Just activated and it redirected me to the portal. Awesome!

itouch2007
Jul 15, 2008, 02:01 AM
Cool. Just got it. Took about 1 - 1 1/2 hours. Not bad!

About to activate! I'm pretty excited.

EDIT:

Just activated and it redirected me to the portal. Awesome!

Congratulations! :)

I wish it worked for me too, oh well, Microsoft here I come :D

deamb
Jul 15, 2008, 03:18 AM
:confused:

Hello all !

Anybody else is stuck at the activation step ??!

I payed my 99 $ on the 11th, got my "activation" (!) e-mail 48 hours later on the 13th... And since then, I get this message :

"We are unable to activate your iPhone Developer Program membership because we are unable to successfully verify your identity. Please contact us and reference Enrollment ID# -----FJP22 for further assistance." when I click on the activation code...

So I sent them an e-mail, but I am still waiting !

It's been 3 Days !
:mad::mad::mad:

chas0001
Jul 15, 2008, 04:25 AM
:confused:

Hello all !

Anybody else is stuck at the activation step ??!

I payed my 99 $ on the 11th, got my "activation" (!) e-mail 48 hours later on the 13th... And since then, I get this message :

"We are unable to activate your iPhone Developer Program membership because we are unable to successfully verify your identity. Please contact us and reference Enrollment ID# -----FJP22 for further assistance." when I click on the activation code...

So I sent them an e-mail, but I am still waiting !

It's been 3 Days !
:mad::mad::mad:

I am in the same position, purchased mine on the 11th too. I have sent 2 emails but as of yet have had no reply. I can only assume that there is a bigger problem and they have not resolved it yet.

Let us know if you get a response and I will do the same.

chas0001
Jul 15, 2008, 05:50 AM
Hope this helps anybody with failed activation.

I just received an email from Apple Developer Support and they state the following :

---
Re: iPhone Developer Program

Dear Mr XXXXXX

We are currently in the process of reviewing your iPhone Developer Program enrollment information.

In reviewing your information we have found that the billing information entered for your iPhone Developer Program purchase does not match your enrollment information.

So that may verify your identity, we ask that you please fax a copy of your notarized government issued photo id to us at 408-974-1053.

When faxing this information to Apple, please include your Enrollment ID number XXXXXXXXXX which was provided to you upon submission.

Thank you for your assistance.

Best regards,

Eileen Thomson
Apple Developer Connection
Worldwide Developer Relations

--

I am not sure why the my billing information is different but there you go. I just faxed them a copy of my passport. The phone number is a US number.

Cheers

Chas

CarlosH
Jul 15, 2008, 04:52 PM
I am in the same position, purchased mine on the 11th too. I have sent 2 emails but as of yet have had no reply. I can only assume that there is a bigger problem and they have not resolved it yet.

Let us know if you get a response and I will do the same.

Any luck with this? I am in the same situation.:confused:

Columbo X
Jul 15, 2008, 05:21 PM
It's great to see more developers get accepted on this program. I'm still waiting. I applied around a month ago under my company rather than individually. Does anyone know if company applications take longer than individual ones?

chas0001
Jul 15, 2008, 06:27 PM
Any luck with this? I am in the same situation.:confused:

I emailed them to confirm whether they had received the fax and they replied with this:

--
Re: iPhone Developer Program

Dear Mr XXXXXX,

Thank you for your reply.

I can confirm that we will unblock your account when we process your faxed documentation.

I hope that this information is useful to you. Please let me know if you have any questions.
--

I still have no idea when this will happen though. Suppose it depends on how many people are in the same boat.

itouch2007
Jul 15, 2008, 06:28 PM
It's great to see more developers get accepted on this program. I'm still waiting. I applied around a month ago under my company rather than individually. Does anyone know if company applications take longer than individual ones?

Can you actually apply as individual?? Because when I clicked on activation code it took me to my apple profile and asked me to enter company name, otherwise I couldn't proceed?

chas0001
Jul 15, 2008, 06:30 PM
Can you actually apply as individual?? Because when I clicked on activation code it took me to my apple profile and asked me to enter company name, otherwise I couldn't proceed?

I had the same problem. It had my old company name in the field. I just replaced it with my name.

itouch2007
Jul 15, 2008, 06:32 PM
I still have no idea when this will happen though. Suppose it depends on how many people are in the same boat.

I'm in different but the same boat :(

I actually got activation code and got registered, but for the life of me I can't see Programs Portal.

Got my support email answered and the guy asked me to clean cache and enable cookies on my browser and try again. Thing is I have already done this before, actually did reset Safari completely, still no luck.

itouch2007
Jul 15, 2008, 06:35 PM
I had the same problem. It had my old company name in the field. I just replaced it with my name.

I wonder maybe its why they said your enrolment details are different somehow?

The whole enrolment process is so badly organised its not funny, almost like done by 5 year old, not a respected company.

chas0001
Jul 15, 2008, 06:37 PM
I'm in different but the same boat :(

I actually got activation code and got registered, but for the life of me I can't see Programs Portal.

Got my support email answered and the guy asked me to clean cache and enable cookies on my browser and try again. Thing is I have already done this before, actually did reset Safari completely, still no luck.

Try Firefox and if that does not work email them back. Many people are confused regarding how they access the portal, including me.

itouch2007
Jul 15, 2008, 06:44 PM
Try Firefox and if that does not work email them back. Many people are confused regarding how they access the portal, including me.

I have tried everything mate, nothing works, waiting for follow up email now.

chas0001
Jul 15, 2008, 06:45 PM
I wonder maybe its why they said your enrolment details are different somehow?

The whole enrolment process is so badly organised its not funny, almost like done by 5 year old, not a respected company.

Its possible. Unfortunately they don't tell you anything. My ADC address details were 100% correct and match my Apple Store account details.

What really pisses me off is that they have taken my payment of 79 to enroll and I have absolutely nothing to show for it.

Shouldn't the order process resolve any contact detail anomalies.

chas0001
Jul 15, 2008, 06:48 PM
I have tried everything mate, nothing works, waiting for follow up email now.

I will not be very happy if they tell me I can access it and it does not work. Good luck waiting for a reply.

Columbo X
Jul 16, 2008, 02:21 AM

Hey itouch2007,

I'm sure the process I went through was Click Apply-> login-> program choice ($99)-> individual or company-> present final page with enrollment ID. Of course my aging memory may be an issue here so I went to check this and the process was now Click Apply-> login-> present final page with enrollment ID (actually I get the same enrollment ID so no new application has been generated)

Okay, I'll wait and see if anything happens.

Cheers,

C

itouch2007
Jul 16, 2008, 02:32 AM
Its possible. Unfortunately they don't tell you anything. My ADC address details were 100% correct and match my Apple Store account details.

What really pisses me off is that they have taken my payment of 79 to enroll and I have absolutely nothing to show for it.

Shouldn't the order process resolve any contact detail anomalies.

Do you actually need to be a member of ADC? Because at the time when I tried to active iPhone code I wasn't a member of ADC? I didn't even knew about this membership..

I wonder maybe this stuffed things up with my Activation code?

erikko
Jul 16, 2008, 07:44 AM
I think I goofed something up. Yesterday I applied, and as you all know the $99 payment showed up as an object in my Apple Store account. Well, I clicked on the Check Out button, and my browser spontaneously exited (happens maybe once a week for me)... but when I returned to my Store account, the $99 object was gone - I hadn't saved it. Of course, trying to apply again just showed me the page saying that they were reviewing my application. I emailed and called support, and haven't gotten a satisfactory answer yet (on the phone, support told me "have you tried going to Apple.com?" after I explained this issue in detail). I really hope I don't get stonewalled because of something so stupid. :(

So, did those of you who got swift approvals pay up front? Did any of you wait to pay until you were approved?

fourzoas
Jul 16, 2008, 11:20 AM
When attempting to activate my developer application, I got the by now well known response:

'We are unable to activate your iPhone Developer Program membership because we are unable to successfully verify your identity. Please contact us and reference Enrollment ID# xxxxxxxxxx for further assistance.'

Finally got somebody at Apple Developer Support that sorted it out in 30 secs flat. Problem was my Apple Store and iPhone Developer ID's differed: my Developer ID contained my full first name whereas my Apple Store ID was the initial only.

It's that simple!

CarlosH
Jul 16, 2008, 12:11 PM
When attempting to activate my developer application, I got the by now well known response:

'We are unable to activate your iPhone Developer Program membership because we are unable to successfully verify your identity. Please contact us and reference Enrollment ID# xxxxxxxxxx for further assistance.'

Finally got somebody at Apple Developer Support that sorted it out in 30 secs flat. Problem was my Apple Store and iPhone Developer ID's differed: my Developer ID contained my full first name whereas my Apple Store ID was the initial only.

It's that simple!

After checking your post, I went and called as well. Got activated asap. So if any is having same issue here, it is faster if you call them. They asked me for a photo id, so I sent them one, a minute later I was able to log in to my portal.:)

chas0001
Jul 16, 2008, 06:12 PM
After checking your post, I went and called as well. Got activated asap. So if any is having same issue here, it is faster if you call them. They asked me for a photo id, so I sent them one, a minute later I was able to log in to my portal.:)

What number did you call? I live outside the US in Spain. I am almost at the point where I want to tell them to shove it up their arse.

Thanks for any info you can provide.

CarlosH
Jul 17, 2008, 02:45 AM
What number did you call? I live outside the US in Spain. I am almost at the point where I want to tell them to shove it up their arse.

Thanks for any info you can provide.

I also live outside the US. This is the number I called, 512-674-2000, add the international number before. When answered, ask for the iPhone developer program membership. They will probably ask you for a passport or some government issued document. Since I knew that, I sent them before calling an email with that info. First I sent them an email from their "contact us" form, and forwarded that email to them with the follow up number and my passport info. I told the lady on the phone this and she asked me for the follow-up number. After checking her system, she told me I was ok and unblocked my account. Hope this helps.

chas0001
Jul 17, 2008, 03:55 AM
I also live outside the US. This is the number I called, 512-674-2000, add the international number before. When answered, ask for the iPhone developer program membership. They will probably ask you for a passport or some government issued document. Since I knew that, I sent them before calling an email with that info. First I sent them an email from their "contact us" form, and forwarded that email to them with the follow up number and my passport info. I told the lady on the phone this and she asked me for the follow-up number. After checking her system, she told me I was ok and unblocked my account. Hope this helps.

Thanks for the information Carlos. I will give it a go.

erikko
Jul 17, 2008, 08:13 AM
How many of you applied as an individual? Did those of you who applied as individuals get approved fast (or at all)? Has anyone been denied outright? I applied as an individual, but I could have gone either way, because my company is pretty much me right now (I'm getting a little help here and there). Still haven't heard from Apple's support team yet about the issue I mentioned 3 or 4 posts above this one.

BrentT
Jul 17, 2008, 08:35 AM
How many of you applied as an individual? Did those of you who applied as individuals get approved fast (or at all)? Has anyone been denied outright?

I applied as an individual in April using my .mac email and got an acceptance email on 7/14. I set up a domain name, got a business license, and email and applied as a representative of my company during the second week of June. I got an acceptance email on Jul 1. I faxed the requested information that day, got a call on the 3rd, and was accepted that afternoon.

chas0001
Jul 17, 2008, 10:05 AM
Hurray :D. Finally activated by calling the Apple Store in the UK and asking to be forwarded to the iPhone Development Membership. They immedialtely removed the lock from my account. I was told this problem is very common.

Thanks for the info CarlosH.

erikko
Jul 17, 2008, 10:56 AM
I applied as an individual in April using my .mac email and got an acceptance email on 7/14. I set up a domain name, got a business license, and email and applied as a representative of my company during the second week of June. I got an acceptance email on Jul 1. I faxed the requested information that day, got a call on the 3rd, and was accepted that afternoon.

Thanks for your description. It sounds like you got your act together, and they were more inclined to give you the license when they saw you were serious. I didn't fully intend to apply as an individual when I did (I wanted to see how the options differed between individual and company on the application form, and I went too far), but it's in now. Since I have every intention of getting the license, I'll do all that I have to do.

In Michigan, there's no functional difference between a Sole Proprietorship and a person - I need no license for software. I just have to let my county know what name I'll be doing business under, and file taxes the usual way. The domain name, site, and business plan will come soon, and that should help if I have to reapply.

deamb
Jul 18, 2008, 03:33 PM
Hello all,

I too got "unlocked" by a quick call to the developer hotline...

I got access to the iphone connect site, got through all the steps all the way to the upload of my app, and since then... no luck !

Anyone else is having problems connecting to the iphone dev center today ??

Limb
Jul 18, 2008, 04:18 PM
How many of you applied as an individual? Did those of you who applied as individuals get approved fast (or at all)? Has anyone been denied outright? I applied as an individual, but I could have gone either way, because my company is pretty much me right now (I'm getting a little help here and there). Still haven't heard from Apple's support team yet about the issue I mentioned 3 or 4 posts above this one.

I applied as an Individual yesterday, got my email about 2 hours later, and had a sample app running on my iPhone running an hour after that. It seems like Personal applications are basically automated at this point.

erikko
Jul 19, 2008, 12:24 AM
I applied as an Individual yesterday, got my email about 2 hours later, and had a sample app running on my iPhone running an hour after that. It seems like Personal applications are basically automated at this point.

Really? If that's true, then there's no doubt my failed payment is the reason I didn't get approved. And no, Apple never responded to the emails I sent to support. I'm not at all impressed. Well, I guess I'll just have to make a new account and try again.

chas0001
Jul 19, 2008, 05:31 AM
Really? If that's true, then there's no doubt my failed payment is the reason I didn't get approved. And no, Apple never responded to the emails I sent to support. I'm not at all impressed. Well, I guess I'll just have to make a new account and try again.

I am beginning to think that the best way to ensure everything goes well with an order is to place it by calling the Apple Store. You should be grateful that your payment was denied. There are loads of people whom have their payment accepted but are unable to access the iPhone Developer Portal for several days.

BwanaZulia
Jul 19, 2008, 12:24 PM
Now I am frustrated.

I applied way back when the SDK first came out and heard nothing for months until I just go this:

We are pleased to announce that your application for enrollment in the iPhone Developer Program is now being processed and we will be contacting you soon.

We appreciate your interest in the iPhone Developer Program. If you have any questions, please contact us.

Best regards,

It looks like some people here have just applied and are already accepted.

How long after you got the above email did you go to the next step?

This whole thing is driving me crazy with an application done and just waiting to actually get approved.

BZ

montyplease
Jul 19, 2008, 02:03 PM
Now I am frustrated.

This whole thing is driving me crazy with an application done and just waiting to actually get approved.

BZ

It looks like applications submitted as "Individual" are approved instantly, while "Company" applicants are left in limbo.

I tried both ways, and got no response on my company application for 72 hrs, while my indiviual application was immediate.

Before I shell out the $105 for the individual license, I wonder if the process to distribute apps to iTunes will take longer than those submitted under a company license. Anybody have some insight on that? Thanks.

Columbo X
Jul 19, 2008, 03:44 PM
Now I am frustrated.

I applied way back when the SDK first came out and heard nothing for months until I just go this:

We are pleased to announce that your application for enrollment in the iPhone Developer Program is now being processed and we will be contacting you soon.

We appreciate your interest in the iPhone Developer Program. If you have any questions, please contact us.

Best regards,

BZ

I applied very late in the beta program (just before WWDC) and submitted a company application. I heard nothing until Tuesday when I got the same e-mail you got and I am still waiting.

When I initially applied I remember reading that Apple farm out the job of company checking to external agencies / companies, so these might be a bottleneck in the process.

Did you apply as a company?

BwanaZulia
Jul 20, 2008, 10:38 AM
I applied very late in the beta program (just before WWDC) and submitted a company application. I heard nothing until Tuesday when I got the same e-mail you got and I am still waiting.

When I initially applied I remember reading that Apple farm out the job of company checking to external agencies / companies, so these might be a bottleneck in the process.

Did you apply as a company?

Yes... but why should that matter? I guess I could re-apply as an Individual.

BZ

corecaptain
Jul 20, 2008, 11:25 AM
I applied as a business - over a period of a week I only get one email telling me my app is being processed. I suppose before giving me the privilege of running MY apps on MY hardware Apple's finance department needs to
run a credit check on my small one-man corporation or perhaps their legal team wants to make sure my company is not the next Enron, or maybe the team of hamsters powering their business apps division can't keep up - who knows!

After reading a blog somewhere - I go in and apply as an individual - hit submit and Apple takes my money. I refresh the order status and see the "order complete, electronically delivered product" message. Only I received no emails, nothing to download in the software dowload section of store.apple.com, nothing showing up when logged in to developer.apple.com - NOTHING - I call customer support - she is nice enough but can only transfer me to a number that isn't open on the weekends (silly me - what was I thinking that working on my iphone app over the weekend might be a relaxing and rewarding experience).

I love my iphone, I am starting to like my new macbook pro, but honestly this type of experience is starting to trigger some serious deja vu of some of the reasons I abandoned Apple development (Mac/Think C) in the early 1990s and went unix/wintel.

As a developer I am very fortunate to have more than one option for how I devote my time+resources and Apple should respect that.

Dippo
Jul 20, 2008, 02:24 PM
I applied as a business - over a period of a week I only get one email telling me my app is being processed.

After reading a blog somewhere - I go in and apply as an individual - hit submit and Apple takes my money. I refresh the order status...

I am in the exact same boat. Apple gladly took my $100 over a week ago, but nothing happened after that!

What's the phone number that I need to call I can't find it?

corecaptain
Jul 20, 2008, 03:18 PM
I am in the exact same boat. Apple gladly took my $100 over a week ago, but nothing happened after that!

What's the phone number that I need to call I can't find it?

I first called Apple Store cust service number - the rep couldn't handle
the situation and transferred me to this #:

1-888-659-5842

open 6am-6pm PST M-F

I just don't understand Apple's motivation here? The App Store has like 5 different "flashlight" apps, multitudes of "tip calculators" and I also saw numerous apps that appear to be nothing more than e-book readers for classic literature that are out of copyright --- Come on Apple!! There are probably thousands of devs out there trying to implement their own ideas or have clients who want to get something out ASAP and you can't even manage to distribute a few keys that cost $100 so they can get to the next step which still requires your approval (distribution) ???? This is a joke. I can tell you that if this keeps up this is the sort of thing that can kill a platform cold - I don't care how much hype there is....There are many times more developers in the world with java experience than objective C. The competition isn't sleeping and when it shows up it would be good for Apple if there is a strong community of devs. I was approached by a very senior manager at a large health insurer just yesterday asking me about iphone as a platform for enabling some ideas he has..this was a serious conversation ... like what would it take resource wise/time wise to deliver x,y,z .. how does the platform compare to android, is the iphone ready for deployment of enterprise applications...

DaveyJJ
Jul 20, 2008, 04:26 PM

Dick

Error Message:

email:

iPhone Developer Program

I got exactly this too ... the root cause? The link to buy the $99 license took me through iTunes which logged me in on my personal account ... and since the personal account and my ADC emails are different, this is what I got stuck with. Still waiting for them to sort it out. Two apps ready to submit once they do.

itouch2007
Jul 20, 2008, 10:20 PM
I'm loosing my fate in Apple.. Paid money week ago and support here in Australia can't solve the problem.

They keep telling me that they transferred my problem to so called "internal" team, but nothing is happening.

How bloody hard is to fix such a simple issue??

I'll wait for another week if nothing changed will switch back to WM6 programming.

BwanaZulia
Jul 22, 2008, 02:45 PM
Called again.

They said they were "looking at it" and it would be "soon".

This is painful.

All I want to do is launch my super-awesome-app!

:)

BZ

Dippo
Jul 22, 2008, 05:38 PM
Well hopefully I will be on my way to verifying my identity.

I called the Apple Developer Connection at 800-633-2152.

After being on hold for 10 minutes, I gave the nice woman my Enrollment ID# from the error page I received. She said that my addresses were different and that I would need to fax a copy of my driver's license to 408-974-1053.

I just scanned my driver's license and uploaded the PDF to faxzero.com to fax it for free because I don't have a phone line much less a fax machine. She said that they get all of the faxes e-mailed to them daily in the evening, so hopefully by tomorrow I will be on to the next step.

I hope that helps anyone in the same situation.

Also, I sent over half a dozen messages using that online form that it says to use, and over a week later I still haven't gotten a response!!!

druphone
Jul 22, 2008, 05:51 PM
Looks like people are in various stages of the process. Just thought I'd add that I have applied and all I have so far is my enrollment ID. No emails at all.
BTW I applied as a company.

Andrew

Dippo
Jul 22, 2008, 06:09 PM
Looks like people are in various stages of the process. Just thought I'd add that I have applied and all I have so far is my enrollment ID. No emails at all.
BTW I applied as a company.

Andrew

I applied for a company months ago, and still nothing. I finally tried applying as an individual and I got immediate acceptance (except for the verify identity issue). The threshold for companies must be much higher or the process must be much much slower...

chadwin
Jul 24, 2008, 02:04 AM
signed up initially and never wrote down the darn code? Come on - this is a newbie online sign up mistake - send out a confirmation message with the code - uh let me see - you have the code, you have our email.

Btw if you don't have your code you can call the 800 number I found out and they can look up your application via your name, email address and the like. But don't expect any more info than "it is in process".

marius4143
Jul 24, 2008, 06:18 AM
signed up initially and never wrote down the darn code? Come on - this is a newbie online sign up mistake - send out a confirmation message with the code - uh let me see - you have the code, you have our email.

Btw if you don't have your code you can call the 800 number I found out and they can look up your application via your name, email address and the like. But don't expect any more info than "it is in process".

If you haven't heard back about your initial application you can apply again and, after you log in, it will skip right to the "thank you for applying" page and give you the same code. At least it did for me.

TnrUkr
Jul 24, 2008, 11:10 AM
I was one of the unverified identity people, since my membership name and credit card name didn't match. I called the 800 number listed above and it was cleared up in about 30 seconds.

mgz
Aug 6, 2008, 01:43 PM
Has anyone had this happen to them? I signed up for the standard program on April 8. I've received a couple emails over time indicating that they do know I exist, and are still processing my application.

It is now August 6... almost four months later, and I've not even gotten to the stage yet where I pay the $99.

The really frustrating part is, at work, I signed up for an enterprise dev program application for my employer, and within 2 weeks we were all set up!

MGZ

OUfan316
Aug 14, 2008, 06:56 PM
I applied in the Dev Cener, but how do I pay the $99, do I just wait for an activation email? or do i pay the $99 before? How? Thanks.

DipDog3
Aug 14, 2008, 07:21 PM
I applied in the Dev Cener, but how do I pay the $99, do I just wait for an activation email? or do i pay the $99 before? How? Thanks.

You wait....

OUfan316
Aug 14, 2008, 11:08 PM
You wait....

Alright, thanks. :)

dancavallaro
Aug 15, 2008, 12:00 AM
Jesus, I just had a strange experience. A few days ago, I applied to the developer program as a personal developer, but did not hear back. I wasn't worried, but when I heard about people getting approved almost instantly, I decided to try again with a new Apple ID. So I tried to create a new Apple ID from the ADC iPhone page, but got stuck at the "We are processing your request. Please try again in a moment" page for hours. Eventually I gave up, but I remembered I had yet ANOTHER Apple ID from way back when. So I applied with that, and was instantly approved and taken to the Apple Store with the developer program in my cart. But when I went to check out and was prompted to log in, I tried entering the login information for the Apple ID I had originally applied for and, lo and behold, it worked! So I bought the developer program fee on a different account than the one I was approved on. Hopefully that didn't mess anything up.

DipDog3
Aug 15, 2008, 12:45 AM
I guess you can go here and see if it tells you anything:

http://developer.apple.com/iphone/enroll/activate.action?activationCode=

dancavallaro
Aug 15, 2008, 08:39 AM
Actually, I checked my email this morning and I had the activation code! So I'm now officially a registered iPhone developer, with access to the Dev Portal and everything! Very strange... so for anyone else out there who is thinking of making a new Apple ID to get approved faster, you should be able to get approved on the new ID, but then enter your original ID to pay the $99 and get accepted to the program. That's what I did, and I'm now registered under the Apple ID that I originally wanted.

DipDog3
Aug 15, 2008, 10:34 AM
Actually, I checked my email this morning and I had the activation code! So I'm now officially a registered iPhone developer, with access to the Dev Portal and everything! Very strange... so for anyone else out there who is thinking of making a new Apple ID to get approved faster, you should be able to get approved on the new ID, but then enter your original ID to pay the $99 and get accepted to the program. That's what I did, and I'm now registered under the Apple ID that I originally wanted.

Good, now hurry up and complete your contracts, because that will take another 3 weeks!

OUfan316
Aug 15, 2008, 12:52 PM

That is a good idea, but when I try to create another Apple ID, it says my email is already used in my old one, what should I do now?

dancavallaro
Aug 15, 2008, 12:55 PM
That is a good idea, but when I try to create another Apple ID, it says my email is already used in my old one, what should I do now?

Use another email address. I tried my work and school email addresses, before finally getting it to work on my personal address. Just make a new email address, make an Apple ID with that address, get approved, and then pay the $99 on your original Apple ID that you want to be associated with your dev account.

Good, now hurry up and complete your contracts, because that will take another 3 weeks!

Is it possible to submit the contracts before you have an app ready for distribution? Or can you only submit the contracts at the final stage before distribution?

DipDog3
Aug 15, 2008, 01:21 PM
Is it possible to submit the contracts before you have an app ready for distribution? Or can you only submit the contracts at the final stage before distribution?

Do it NOW! You don't have to wait for your app to be ready for distribution. The sooner the better because it takes forever!

dancavallaro
Aug 15, 2008, 01:36 PM
Do it NOW! You don't have to wait for your app to be ready for distribution. The sooner the better because it takes forever!

Awesome. Maybe I'm dumb, but I couldn't find the contracts - they're in the Program Portal right? How do I get to them?

edit: Apparently I am dumb, and they're in iTunes Connect.

edit: Ok, I've completed contact and tax information, but I'm stuck on bank information. What address do you use for bank's address? It's so confusing, because I clicked "add address" for that field, and then it says "create a new address for your company". I don't want to create a new address for my company (which isn't a company, I registered as an individual wtf), I want to create a new address for my bank! Also, for "Account Name", do I just put my legal name? And for "Branch/Branch ID", do I just put the name of my local branch? Why would they even need to know what branch I use? Sorry for all the questions, I've never had to endure such a complicated process to get paid. I work for a university, probably the most bureaucratic type of organization on the face of the earth, and it was not nearly this difficult to set up my direct deposit.

OUfan316
Aug 15, 2008, 11:07 PM
Use another email address. I tried my work and school email addresses, before finally getting it to work on my personal address. Just make a new email address, make an Apple ID with that address, get approved, and then pay the $99 on your original Apple ID that you want to be associated with your dev account.

OK, Thanks. but I made a new email address. and im trying to apply. now all it says is "We are processing your request. Please wait a few moments then refresh this page." Ive waited FOREVER, and nothing happens. any way to get around this? Thanks.

dancavallaro
Aug 15, 2008, 11:58 PM
OK, Thanks. but I made a new email address. and im trying to apply. now all it says is "We are processing your request. Please wait a few moments then refresh this page." Ive waited FOREVER, and nothing happens. any way to get around this? Thanks.

That's what happened to me, until I realized I had an old Apple ID I could use. You may just have to wait.

edit: I just realized my new Apple ID that I made yesterday is now beyond the "we are processing your request" page. Just try waiting a day.

OUfan316
Aug 16, 2008, 11:10 PM
That's what happened to me, until I realized I had an old Apple ID I could use. You may just have to wait.

edit: I just realized my new Apple ID that I made yesterday is now beyond the "we are processing your request" page. Just try waiting a day.

Yeah, thanks. everything worked out. I just bought it.

Elite Aaron
Aug 17, 2008, 02:19 AM
I sent in my enrollment application about 2 weeks ago...and I still haven't got an acceptance/rejection email. :(

BwanaZulia
Aug 19, 2008, 11:35 AM
Finally was approved. Now just waiting for my application to be approved.

Any idea on how long that takes?

BZ

maxjg
Aug 21, 2008, 06:44 PM
Hey guys,
I applied on the FIRST DAY the SDK was available. I, just a few days ago, received the request to fax in my DBA, which I did the day after. How much longer after this should it take?

martijn.s
Aug 28, 2008, 12:19 PM
I applied almost 2 months ago, and i did get ANY reply yet !

not even a mail to confirm that they are processing my application, however, when i go to the web form used for the application i get a confirmation that i have applied (with an ID)

i emailed DEV support twice, no answer at all.

it's very frustrating, i'm halfway finishing my app, and i have not been able to test it (legaly) on an iPhone or iPod.

and more worrying is that i will not be allowed to post it on the iTunes store.

i live in Europe, Belgium, i work on my own (not a large company), and i'm not paying for dev support.

is this normal ?

what should i do ?

caveman_uk
Aug 30, 2008, 02:59 PM
what should i do ?
Don't bother emailing - in my experience they won't reply. The best bet is to phone them. I sent emails and got no reply. I rang them, the phone was answered quickly and someone very helpful sorted all out there and then. I phoned the UK number BTW.

Here's the phone numbers - looking at the spelling of your name you probably want the Netherlands (Dutch language) number (there isn't a Belgian one)

http://developer.apple.com/contact/phone.html

OUfan316
Aug 30, 2008, 11:11 PM
Hey guys, i have a problem.
On Xcode, there is no "Code provisioning file" (or whatever its called) in the Info section. I already typed in "iPhone Developer: my first and last name." I need some help, do i need to go to Keychains, or what?

Please help guys. Thanks.

martijn.s
Sep 2, 2008, 02:48 PM
Don't bother emailing - in my experience they won't reply. The best bet is to phone them. I sent emails and got no reply. I rang them, the phone was answered quickly and someone very helpful sorted all out there and then. I phoned the UK number BTW.

Here's the phone numbers - looking at the spelling of your name you probably want the Netherlands (Dutch language) number (there isn't a Belgian one)

thx (yes i'm dutch, but i live in Belgium, going to call that number, u never know)

Columbo X
Sep 3, 2008, 02:02 AM
Hey guys,
I applied on the FIRST DAY the SDK was available. I, just a few days ago, received the request to fax in my DBA, which I did the day after. How much longer after this should it take?

Not sure what a DBA is, but we faxed the certificate of incorporation over a month ago and have still heard nothing. I've e-mailed Apple and have heard nothing (but I partly expected this based on other people's experiences). Given that this is just delay #1, forgetting all the other delays yet to come (contracts, app approval, update approval) I may go and learn XNA and see about publishing under Microsoft's soon-to-be-released XBox Live Community Games payment model. At least that appears to be a more open, peer review system!

Luke Redpath
Sep 3, 2008, 02:14 AM
Hey guys, i have a problem.
On Xcode, there is no "Code provisioning file" (or whatever its called) in the Info section. I already typed in "iPhone Developer: my first and last name." I need some help, do i need to go to Keychains, or what?

Please help guys. Thanks.

Try restarting XCode.

Columbo X
Sep 12, 2008, 05:48 AM
Well my company application has now been approved. I've purchased and had emailed my activation code (within 24 hours). I was a bit worried in that I initiated the enrolment process under one of my Apple IDs (that I've used for ADC for the last 6-7 years) and bought the dev program on another (that I use all the time for iTunes & store purchases). Other people have commented on not being recognised etc. when attempting to activate, but thankfully this was not a problem (all the details are the same on each account anyway) - I can now log into the portal, add team members for my company etc.

Looking forward to getting some OpenGL games going on the iPhone now.

Happy Days!

C

jolla
Sep 12, 2008, 09:24 AM
I just got an email that my application is ready for sale, but pending contract. My free contract was accepted 2 days ago, but my paid contract is still 'setup in process', been like that for atleast 3 weeks....

Application was approved within 1 week of submitting, so that is a plus!

tmiw
Sep 12, 2008, 01:40 PM
Just got an email asking for my company's fictitious name statement. Faxed the document to them, so now to wait some more (hopefully a shorter wait this time!)

[it was about 3, 3.5 weeks from the time I submitted the application]

Luke Redpath
Sep 16, 2008, 01:05 PM
I have a question for any UK developers on here: I've provided all of my bank/contact details and tax info, have obtained an EIN from the US IRS and filled out a W8BEN. I've received an email asking me to print this out, sign it and post it to their offices in Austin, Texas.

I was just wondering how long it took after posting the forms to them for your contract setup to complete.

mtgred
Sep 25, 2008, 04:23 AM
I applied almost 2 months ago, and i did get ANY reply yet !

not even a mail to confirm that they are processing my application, however, when i go to the web form used for the application i get a confirmation that i have applied (with an ID)

i emailed DEV support twice, no answer at all.

it's very frustrating, i'm halfway finishing my app, and i have not been able to test it (legaly) on an iPhone or iPod.

and more worrying is that i will not be allowed to post it on the iTunes store.

i live in Europe, Belgium, i work on my own (not a large company), and i'm not paying for dev support.

is this normal ?

what should i do ?

Hi Martijn,

I am from Belgium too and my application to the dev program for iPhone got approved instantly 2 months ago. When you submit your info, you will receive a link to the Apple Store to buy the licence for 79 euro. If you don't buy it directly you won't be able to access it again and will be redirected to the "your application is being processed" page. The trick I did is to create a new Apple account and apply again with the new account. This way you will get the link on the Apple Store again. Once the Dev program licence is bought, you can link it to your original account.

Hope it helps.

Luke Redpath
Sep 25, 2008, 05:55 AM
I have a question for any UK developers on here: I've provided all of my bank/contact details and tax info, have obtained an EIN from the US IRS and filled out a W8BEN. I've received an email asking me to print this out, sign it and post it to their offices in Austin, Texas.

I was just wondering how long it took after posting the forms to them for your contract setup to complete.

OK, so I sent my printed and signed W8BEN forms off to Apple in Texas at the end of last week and although I haven't checked to see if they've been received yet (I sent using the AirSure signed for service), my contract has now been activated!

martijn.s
Oct 22, 2008, 12:17 AM
Hi Martijn,

I am from Belgium too and my application to the dev program for iPhone got approved instantly 2 months ago. When you submit your info, you will receive a link to the Apple Store to buy the licence for 79 euro. If you don't buy it directly you won't be able to access it again and will be redirected to the "your application is being processed" page. The trick I did is to create a new Apple account and apply again with the new account. This way you will get the link on the Apple Store again. Once the Dev program licence is bought, you can link it to your original account.

Hope it helps.

i was finally approved 2 weeks ago, a phone call to eurodev really helped.

one reason for the delay (that they never told me by mail) is that they did not have a copy of my passport, so they could not identify me.

TAKEphONE
Nov 25, 2008, 07:07 AM
i was finally approved 2 weeks ago, a phone call to eurodev really helped.

one reason for the delay (that they never told me by mail) is that they did not have a copy of my passport, so they could not identify me.

Hi,

Would you share the phone number for Eurodev ?

TIA

chka
Jan 8, 2009, 09:24 AM
I am a bit confused... I cant find clear discription of the process... Few days ago I signed to iPhone Dev Center. It was asked for my AppleId credentials and got email:

"Thank you for registering as an iPhone Developer. To access the iPhone Dev Center and download the free SDK, simply click on the button below, and sign in using your Registered iPhone Developer Apple ID and password.
Your Registered iPhone Developer Apple ID is:xxx@xxx.com"

So I download SDK and then found out that I need some kind of sertifacates to to do some provisioning of my iPod... And so I need to pay 99$ to become iPhone developer... I thougt I already is! :-)

Ok now I payd this 99$ and got email with confirmation about my purchase information... But what next? Is that all? Or they still considering my application? Should I wait for another email with some sort of sertificatis or what? I do not see any Program Portal mentioned in their article about signing code...

Thanks for advises,
Konstantin

caveman_uk
Jan 9, 2009, 07:34 AM
Hi,

Would you share the phone number for Eurodev ?

TIA