Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

paduck

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 5, 2007
I am waiting for Jajah to put out their iPhone VOIP client. Jajah is one of those companies that you can see the potential, but they seem one or two features away from realizing it.

Their mobile calling feature is really pretty good. However, they never built in a ten-second delay on calls, so when you were out in the wild using EDGE, your VOIP dial-back calls would go straight to voicemail (the whole not being able to do data and voice at the same time "feature" of EDGE). Anyhow, I figure their inability to implement that slight delay probably cost them a huge shot at early market penetration. Of course, now with the prevalence of 3G, that might not matter. I am still using my original iPhone, so I care....

Hopefully their native application will address this to some degree. Fingers crossed. Has anyone had sustained success using Jajah and EDGE? Any hints? Only about one call in four goes through fast enough for me to get a call and not go to voicemail.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.