Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bosoxnm3

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 11, 2008
Here it goes. Yesterday i downloaded the 1.1.4 for my touch think it was the one for apps. Well I downloaded on a computer that does not house my itunes library. I logged into my Itunes account and everything downloaded fine; all my music was changed. My computer with all my songs (400 from itunes) has a major internet problem that no one including experts has been able to fix. It flashes on and off every 20 seconds or so I cannot download itunes 7.7 nor the new 2.0 update. After realizing I needed the 2.0 last night I waited and waited for it to come out. When it came out just now I bought it on my laptop WITHOUT all my songs thinking that it will be fine. So when I plugged it in just now to begin the update I was shocked to see a message that popped up that said something to the fact of "All music, videos, and photos will be erased on your ipod including songs downloaded from Itunes. Please plug ipod into the computer synced with all your music". I obviouslly can't download on that computer due to the internet problem. If I go back to my laptop and click update despite that message will i be able to plug the ipod back into my synched computer and get all the files back? Furthermore, if i do proceed with 2.0 and all the songs are deleted from my ipod, will all the songs be deleted from my itunes account on my broken internet computer if I plug my ipod in? Please help and tell me I just didn't waste about twelve hours waiting and ten dollars. I will elaborate further if needed. Thanks for any help.

bosoxnm3

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 11, 2008
Here's the exact message: "Updating to iPhone 2.0 Software will delete all music, videos, and photos on this Ipod, including iTunes Sotre purchases. To preserve your media, apply this update on the computer you sync music, videos, and photos.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.