Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Tumi 07

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 11, 2008
Was wondering if anybody saw this case on apple.com. It seems like a really nice case. Let me know what y'all think...

Attachments

• TS435.jpg
    TS435.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 10,535
  • TS435_AV1.jpg
    TS435_AV1.jpg
    12.3 KB · Views: 10,524
  • TS435_AV3.jpg
    TS435_AV3.jpg
    18 KB · Views: 10,500
  • TS435_AV2.jpg
    TS435_AV2.jpg
    7.5 KB · Views: 10,505

macman4291

macrumors regular
Jul 23, 2006
YEa I saw it on the website, it looks nice I would like to see it in person, I have checked on the contour website and they dont have anything on it, The Apple store is the only place ive ever seen it....but it looks just like another rubber or silicone case that you can open the bottom for docking, it looks good, but i like more protection

Eminemdrdre00

macrumors 6502a
May 10, 2008
YEa I saw it on the website, it looks nice I would like to see it in person, I have checked on the contour website and they dont have anything on it, The Apple store is the only place ive ever seen it....but it looks just like another rubber or silicone case that you can open the bottom for docking, it looks good, but i like more protection

Would it still stand up if you had the USB cable plugged in?

thor79

macrumors 6502
Jun 8, 2008
Chicago, IL
Looks nice. If my BodyGuardz doesn't work out that may be a good one to go for. Perfect for Black iPhone owners...do they have an equivalent in white as well?

macman4291

macrumors regular
Jul 23, 2006
Looks nice. If my BodyGuardz doesn't work out that may be a good one to go for. Perfect for Black iPhone owners...do they have an equivalent in white as well?

yes, they do indeed have it in both colors, but on the apple store its mixed up, the Black one shows a picture of white, and the white one shows a picture of black

robgendreau

macrumors 68040
Jul 13, 2008
....but it looks just like another rubber or silicone case that you can open the bottom for docking, it looks good, but i like more protection

It’s made of polycarbonate, pretty tough I imagine.

There’s a case out there of machined aluminum, the iArmor by A1QP; it might even be sturdier but it's bulky and expensive at $60.

I was thinking of getting this one (the contour), or the Griffin Nu Form. It’s also a hard shell like the Incase slider so that the bottom comes off. I don’t like the silicon or rubber cases; they don’t slide into pockets easily. And I’ve had bad experiences with iPods in cases where you take it out repeatedly; got scratches inevitably.

I was also gonna put on some Ghost Armor...that should solve the screen protection issue.

hoverlover

macrumors newbie
Jul 14, 2008
Does anyone know of a case for the 3G similar to the Contour Flick but has a clear back? I am looking for a case that will show off the back of my iPhone while still being protected, and I would like to be able to set it in the dock without having to remove it completely from the case.

humara

macrumors newbie
Jun 23, 2003
Alright, but here's the real question. What does it offer in the category of screen / home button protection?

hahah, that is not a real question. you can easily tell from the pictures that it does not offer any screen/home button protection. now go ahead and tell us about how great your product XXX from company YYY is and make yourself feel better about your purchase.

sfroom

macrumors regular
Apr 30, 2008
This case looks like a really snug fit. I'm going to apply a BestSkinsEver skin to my 3G...but am looking for a case to put on top of that when I'm going out to the bar, or for similar situations.

Do you think the flick will fit over a BestSkinsEver skin or Invisible Shield? Looks doubtful, but I'm looking for confirmation from someone who has one.

skorpien

macrumors 68020
Jan 14, 2008
I doubt it will as you have to slide the phone into the case. It's not a snap-on two piece like other acrylic cases. And from this review on hofo that I read, there are two foam strips inside the case to protect the phone from being scratched when you install it. So I think the skins would make the phone too thick to slide in there easily, and if you do manage it I think you'll probably stretch/ruin the skin. Not to mention getting it back out would be a PITA (check the last page... now imagine that with a skin).

http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php?t=1400363

Dr Lu 2010

macrumors member
Jun 14, 2008
I went to my local apple store..and put it on my phone..and walked out not buying it...Sure it looks great, adds virtually no bulk, and is light weight...however..its not that grippy (doesnt really bother me)...and it doesnt seem like it provides any protection at all...the plastic is so thin that i wonder if it has any functional use...

So in short..it looks great, but does it really protect?

Requiemm

macrumors regular
May 23, 2008
I bought this case and am returning it. As a case it looks nice but I decided that I wanted to go the naked route. i also agree with the above poster that said it really doesn't seem to be adding much in the way of protection. It'll stop scratches and that's about it.

Looks nice but not worth the $35 in my opinion.

psxp

macrumors 6502
Jan 8, 2008
I have this case.

Its a tight fit, so if you have skins on the outside of the phone(back) it will be a tight squeeze. The phone feels good in the hand.

Unfortunately I wanted BLACK but the 3 apple stores here (Toronto) only had WHITE in stock I had to take that for my 16GB Black iphone.

Expensive case, but the thinest *case* you will find before going skins or naked.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.