Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

philamac

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 11, 2008
So in this article below, apple basically says they know you can't sync your subscription calendars (like the Birthdays Calendar) to and from MobileMe/iPhone/WindowsPC and they may or may not be working to resolve it. Read the 'Resolution' for iPhone, thats says all you need to know.

MobileMe: Syncing calendar subscriptions
http://support.apple.com/kb/TS1213

btw, i'm posting this because I think birthdays (& subscription calendars) are an important feature, and everyone who cares should let apple know that we want this issue resolved.

roland.g

macrumors 604
Apr 11, 2005
Yep, I noticed this too. All of my birthdays are now gone from my phone and don't appear on MobileMe webcal either.

This was one feature I really liked having on my iPhone and wish they would fix. I think it would be easy to make the birthday calendar appear above and not in the subscription area. If I turn off Push for calendars only, then I believe I can choose which calendars to sync in iTunes and the Birthday calendar will have a checkbox. But of course then I lose the push functionality of MobileMe which defeats the purpose.

Hopefully this will get resolved.

EDIT: As a fix I created another calendar in the top section called B-Day. Can't use Birthdays as it won't allow 2 cals of the same name. I then copied each birthday from the birthday subscription calendar, selected the B-Day calendar and pasted the event in the same day. Then selecting the one that went with the new calendar, I right clicked, selected edit, and told it to repeat every year, ending never. I did this for all the birthdays and in the year, which took about 5-10 minutes as I did not have a lot. Then I unchecked the box next to the birthday subscription calendar so that I don't see the duplicates and all my birthdays now show up on my phone and the me.com calendar in push style. The only downside is that whenever I add a new contact with birthday, I will need to remember to add them to my 'B-Day' Calendar as well. The upside, yes I found one, is that my son, nephews, anniversaries, friends' kids, etc. which don't show up on the subscription calendar b/c there is no contact info for them and they don't need one, can now be added to my B-Day Calendar so that I have them all on there.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.