Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

arcsbite

Original poster
Jan 14, 2006
I have Mail set up on my mac, I have extra mailboxes and rules and stuff so things go where they should.

I use .Mac/MobileMe for my mail so it's iMap and goes everywhere.

When my iPhone checks for mail it only syncs/checks for mail in my inbox and not in any of the mailboxes set up.
so if I get a mail on my mac that is moved to another folder (say for example "Apple Promo" email goes to "Promo" folder/mailbox) my iPhone has the "Promo" folder......but it won't "look" for email in that folder unless I manually enter the folder

anyone know what the deal is?

mavis

macrumors 601
Jul 30, 2007
Tokyo, Japan
I have Mail set up on my mac, I have extra mailboxes and rules and stuff so things go where they should.

I use .Mac/MobileMe for my mail so it's iMap and goes everywhere.

When my iPhone checks for mail it only syncs/checks for mail in my inbox and not in any of the mailboxes set up.
so if I get a mail on my mac that is moved to another folder (say for example "Apple Promo" email goes to "Promo" folder/mailbox) my iPhone has the "Promo" folder......but it won't "look" for email in that folder unless I manually enter the folder

anyone know what the deal is?
Yeah - annoying, isn't it? I'm using MobileMe on my iPhone 3G and the inbox is the only thing receiving pushed mail. :rolleyes:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.