PDA

View Full Version : My Matrix!!

eyelikeart
May 16, 2002, 04:10 PM
I just wanted to share my joy with u guys...

I'm leaving work this evening and picking up my new Toyota Matrix... :D

Mr. Anderson
May 16, 2002, 04:14 PM
Cool car, nice for city driving.

Now you need to go out and get an XM Satellite Radio. If you want, I can send you a $70 off coupon for one. I have one and it is the best thing in the world next to my TiPB.

www.xmradio.com

D

eyelikeart
May 16, 2002, 04:17 PM
Originally posted by dukestreet
Cool car, nice for city driving.

Now you need to go out and get an XM Satellite Radio. If you want, I can send you a $70 off coupon for one. I have one and it is the best thing in the world next to my TiPB.

www.xmradio.com

D

aw man....I'll take it...he he he...

I've been wanting one of those for a while now!

thanks!! :D ;) :p

Mr. Anderson
May 16, 2002, 04:19 PM
Originally posted by eyelikeart

aw man....I'll take it...he he he...

I've been wanting one of those for a while now!

thanks!! :D ;) :p

Really? Great, email me your address and I'll send you one in the mail tomorrow.

AmbitiousLemon
May 16, 2002, 04:27 PM
bitchin' lil machine.

congrats.

but come on lets have a lil braggin' lets hear about your new baby, what sold you on her?

o and xm rocks, and im not just saying that because a family member was on its design team.

mischief
May 16, 2002, 04:35 PM
I found the Matrix a bit outside my tastes. However I DO like this little toy, I'm hoping to get one this Fall.

eyelikeart
May 16, 2002, 04:36 PM
it goes like this...

I had planned to live with my girlfriend and up till last week was going to move out of state to be with her...

I had saved a bunch of money....we were talking about marriage...u know the deal...

and I'm no longer with her...my lease runs out on my Camry next Monday....I'm no longer moving nor buying an engagement ring anytime soon...the timing was pretty perfect! ;)

I was going to buy out my Camry...but I'm turning 25 in a few months...and I really wanted a car that was much more becoming of me...my personality...and this was just the ticket! :D

Mr. Anderson
May 16, 2002, 04:38 PM
Originally posted by AmbitiousLemon

o and xm rocks, and im not just saying that because a family member was on its design team.

So give, I know a few people there, who? Have you been for a tour of the studios? It is totally unbelievable, go if you ever get a chance.:cool: There is nothing like it anywhere.

AlphaTech
May 16, 2002, 04:43 PM
To each his own... You won't catch me owning one of those things. Several of you know how I feel about that particular auto maker... :D

For pure fun in transit, nothing beats a Harley (at least for me). For a vehicle that can litterally do it all, I have the truck. I was 'discussing' this with eyelikeart last night... My truck as over 2x the engine his matrix does, hauls (on a hitch) close to 3 tons, and can hold over a ton in the bed. I enjoy being able to see over the cars in front of me when I am in traffic, that way you know which a$$hole to beat up for slowing everyone down. I do so hate slow drivers. As for the power of it... I have spun my rear wheels after a stop when the ground is just damp (if I push just a little too much on the gas pedal).

I am considering getting a dual exhaust system installed on my truck, I just need to see if it will pass inspection up here in MA. If I can get a system that will pass, and give me the benefits of the dual system, I'm doing it. Besides the fact that you will hear more of the power inside the V6 (4.0). I will never own a vehicle (with 4 wheels) that has anything less then a V6 inside of it. For motorcycles, nothing less then an 88ci V-Twin for me. :D Of course that V-Twin needs to be inside a Harley frame...

AlphaTech
May 16, 2002, 04:50 PM
This is one image I could dig up... Pretty much my truck, except I have 4x4 where the FX4 is... I also changed the bed rails to diamond plate (looks sharp).

cleo
May 16, 2002, 04:50 PM
it goes like this...

I had planned to live with my girlfriend and up till last week was going to move out of state to be with her...

I had saved a bunch of money....we were talking about marriage...u know the deal...

and I'm no longer with her...my lease runs out on my Camry next Monday....I'm no longer moving nor buying an engagement ring anytime soon...the timing was pretty perfect! ;)

I was going to buy out my Camry...but I'm turning 25 in a few months...and I really wanted a car that was much more becoming of me...my personality...and this was just the ticket! :D

Good call. A new car is better than a woman any day :D

icetraxxg5
May 16, 2002, 04:52 PM
CHEVY ALL THE WAY! (And GM, Ford is OK)
http://www.chevrolet.com/corvette/images/gallery/gallery_major03.jpg

Backtothemac
May 16, 2002, 04:54 PM
Now you need to hop in the Matix, and haul butt up here for a weekend. It would be nice to have you come up, and hey, you would only burn about 10 bucks in gas each way. Tara will cook a Gumbo, or Etufee'

;)

eyelikeart
May 16, 2002, 04:54 PM
Originally posted by cleo

aw....thanks....I'm glad u can appreciate that...he he he ;)

AlphaTech
May 16, 2002, 04:58 PM
Originally posted by icetraxxg5
CHEVY ALL THE WAY! (And GM, Ford is OK)
http://www.chevrolet.com/corvette/images/gallery/gallery_major03.jpg

'vette's are good... but for trucks, FORD all the way!!! chevy's are *cough*crap*cough*... or as I call them... sh*tvee's. Ford trucks have always done good by me, and all the members of my family (immediate and extended). I turned my leased 99 Ranger in and bought the 2002 model that I have now. I went to a good dealer, and actually delt with the general manager of it. I was referred to him by a woman here at work, and didn't realize how high in the food chain he was. They hunted down the truck I wanted, and match the spec's I gave pretty damned close.

mischief
May 16, 2002, 04:58 PM
Originally posted by cleo

Geez. We gotta find you better women! Though I will say that a zippy new Toyota complains less, responds better and requires less maintenance than most women.:D :D :D

BTW: Alpha: :p :p :p :p :p :p

AlphaTech
May 16, 2002, 05:02 PM
Originally posted by mischief
Geez. We gotta find you better women! Though I will say that a zippy new Toyota complains less, responds better and requires less maintenance than most women.:D :D :D

insert truck or Harley for toy....ota and you have it right... :D Although both my truck and Harley are not 'zippy' they are balls to the wall with power. :D :D

and what are all those tongues for???? LMAO!!!

3rdpath
May 16, 2002, 06:18 PM
i think the matrix is one of the best auto designs i've seen in a long time. i was parked next to one yesterday and thought pictures just don't do it justice. enjoy that puppy.:)

Mr. Anderson
May 16, 2002, 06:23 PM
I looks like a nice car, and I hope you enjoy it, I'm sure you will. But the first time I saw the ad, with the euro/trash/spy/chase 'its a blue.....' and then the name Matix, I thought it was a little too much. Talk about capitalizing on Hollywood! Or the cyborg/robot one, again, too much.

Well, it still looks good. How's it drive?

Macmaniac
May 16, 2002, 07:07 PM
Very nice car eye. It matches the TiBook perfectly! Boy I want both.

Beej
May 16, 2002, 07:50 PM
Sweet car, eye!

I don't know if anyone here - other than the Aussies - knows what a Holden Monaro is. It was an icon of Australian culture in the '70s. Some guys at Holden created a model of a modern Monaro in their spare time. People who mattered liked what they saw, and the dream was re-born...

jelloshotsrule
May 16, 2002, 08:00 PM
sweet car indeed..

how's it drive? it's not hybrid or electric at all is it? what type of mileage does it get?

good to see not everyone needs an SUV type car to feel powerful...

eyelikeart
May 16, 2002, 11:59 PM
this thing is killer!!! :D

for those interested....it's the XRS model...comes with the VVT-i motor...and it's fast!!!

I am so happy....I didn't want to get out of it tonite!!

it drives really well....6 speed manual....nice ride....not rough...definitely not soft...

it's not a hybrid....pure gasoline....I think I'll be going with higher octane fuel now....I just got whatever was cheapest for my Camry...

and it matches with my TiBook nicely...he he he ;)

Beej
May 17, 2002, 12:10 AM
and it matches with my TiBook nicely...he he he ;) Heh. Well, that's the main thing, isn't it?

Good to hear you're happy with it. What does your Ti think, though, it is jealous?

eyelikeart
May 17, 2002, 12:15 AM
Originally posted by Beej
Heh. Well, that's the main thing, isn't it?

Good to hear you're happy with it. What does your Ti think, though, it is jealous?

nah....Mercury isn't jealous....she's happy I came out ahead from last week's events....he he he ;)

now I am brainstorming to name her...

Beej
May 17, 2002, 02:49 AM
now I am brainstorming to name her... How 'bout 'Trixe'... as in Matrix... heh heh.. get it? Trixie...

OK, so that was pretty lame. :D

iGav
May 17, 2002, 03:33 AM
I don't have a car at the moment....... however.... I am putting that hard earned cash behind.... until I'm 25.......... you should see the insurance quote for a 24 year old on this....... it looks exactly like my fone number.........

And this is the puppy I'd like... the gloriously fast and outrageous Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution 7, 4wd, 320 Bhp, 150+ Mph, 0-60 in around 4.4 sec. basically a country lane missile...... nothing goes harder on twisty roads........ heh heh...... pick one up for about 25k........

Or am I'm tempted by a Audi TT....... you can pick up LHD for around 14k........ and the insurance is alot leaner....... :D

Mr. Anderson
May 17, 2002, 07:16 AM

nah....Mercury isn't jealous....she's happy I came out ahead from last week's events....he he he ;)

now I am brainstorming to name her...

Trinity - you know from the movie The Matrix

Bad asses all around

eyelikeart
May 17, 2002, 08:40 AM

Trinity - you know from the movie The Matrix

Bad asses all around

now that's freaky...u are the second person to suggest that name...he he he...

u & MacAztec both thought it up....I'm seriously considering it... :D

Mr. Anderson
May 17, 2002, 08:45 AM

now that's freaky...u are the second person to suggest that name...he he he...

u & MacAztec both thought it up....I'm seriously considering it... :D

The only problem with the name though, is that you're car isn't black. Trinity in the movie was always in black leather/latex, yyuuummmmmmmmm!

eyelikeart
May 17, 2002, 08:48 AM

The only problem with the name though, is that you're car isn't black. Trinity in the movie was always in black leather/latex, yyuuummmmmmmmm!

while that is true...I still like it!!!

damn Carrie Anne Moss is so hot.... <sigh>

I'm calling around today to see what I need to do to get it put on a plate...he he he :p

Mr. Anderson
May 17, 2002, 08:54 AM

I'm calling around today to see what I need to do to get it put on a plate...he he he :p

Now that would be cool TRNITY, or do they allow more than 6 characters down there?

eyelikeart
May 17, 2002, 08:59 AM

Now that would be cool TRNITY, or do they allow more than 6 characters down there?

7 characters is the limit on vanity plates...

oh hell yeah!!!

I'm going to pick up the papers today at the dealership to file for it... :cool:

Mr. Anderson
May 17, 2002, 09:03 AM

7 characters is the limit on vanity plates...

oh hell yeah!!!

I'm going to pick up the papers today at the dealership to file for it... :cool:

Good luck! I hope its not already taken.

You'll have to post pics of it when you get them.

eyelikeart
May 17, 2002, 09:12 AM

Good luck! I hope its not already taken.

You'll have to post pics of it when you get them.

I'm going to shoot a roll of it this weekend...

if & when I get the plate...I'll definitely shoot it as well...

I may have to setup an iTools photo album for it...

that way I don't bog down the site with images... ;)

eyelikeart
Jun 5, 2002, 04:21 PM
I'm sure duke's the only one interested in seeing a photo...so here it is... :D

jelloshotsrule
Jun 5, 2002, 04:47 PM

coolio. what did you say the gas mileage is again?

eyelikeart
Jun 5, 2002, 04:52 PM
Originally posted by jelloshotsrule

coolio. what did you say the gas mileage is again?

I haven't done any long distance driving yet...so no highway mileage...

but so far I'm getting just about 25 mpg in the city...not too bad... ;)

jelloshotsrule
Jun 5, 2002, 04:55 PM

I haven't done any long distance driving yet...so no highway mileage...

but so far I'm getting just about 25 mpg in the city...not too bad... ;)

ehh.... it's an automatic or stick? not diesel clearly...

too bad it's not a diesel. it'd be pretty sweet...

still is. just saying. ouch. don't hit me for badmouthing your car. ouch.

eyelikeart
Jun 5, 2002, 04:58 PM

ehh.... it's an automatic or stick? not diesel clearly...

it's a 6 speed manual...

4 cyl....180 hp...11:5.1 compression ratio...

I'd say it's doing well considering ;)

jelloshotsrule
Jun 5, 2002, 05:02 PM
it's a 6 speed manual...

4 cyl....180 hp...11:5.1 compression ratio...

I'd say it's doing well considering ;)

ok. i'll pretend i know/care about all those specs.... ha!

my bro's diesel jetta is like 80 horsepower. but hey, 50 mpg is not bad.

Mr. Anderson
Jun 5, 2002, 05:10 PM

Nice car, did you ever get the plates?

6 speed, now thats cool, how fast have you gotten it up to?

AlphaTech
Jun 5, 2002, 05:23 PM
too bad it's not a diesel. it'd be pretty sweet...

Diesel is just butt-******** NASTY! They stink to high hell, are loud in all the wrong ways, and have the acceleration of a turtle (in the arctic).

I won't get the kind of mileage out of my truck that you do on the matrix, but then again, it has more then enough power to get the job done. A V6 (207HP, with gobs of torque) wouldn't get better mileage, but has the power I crave. It accelerates like you wouldn't believe (even with the hp number). I have left rubber on the road because I accelerated too fast from a stop.

Now, on the motorcycle, that is another story. I get about 45mpg local and 50mpg on the highway. With a truely sweet power to weight ratio, it just kick's ass... Figure it like this... about 80hp, and about 650lbs (the motorcycle, without me on it). Over time, I will be working to improve the horse power number on it, but 80 is enough for now.

jelloshotsrule
Jun 5, 2002, 05:29 PM
Originally posted by AlphaTech
Diesel is just butt-******** NASTY! They stink to high hell, are loud in all the wrong ways, and have the acceleration of a turtle (in the arctic).

I won't get the kind of mileage out of my truck that you do on the matrix, but then again, it has more then enough power to get the job done. A V6 (207HP, with gobs of torque) wouldn't get better mileage, but has the power I crave. It accelerates like you wouldn't believe (even with the hp number). I have left rubber on the road because I accelerated too fast from a stop.

well hey, if that's what makes you feel strong and powerful. good for you.

i'd rather not waste the earth's natural resources in such fruitless ways.

enjoy

eyelikeart
Jun 5, 2002, 05:33 PM

Nice car, did you ever get the plates?

6 speed, now thats cool, how fast have you gotten it up to?

thanks...

No dice on the plate:(. there's a 7-8 month wait for vanity plates currently & nobody knows quite why. So while I'm waiting for my regular issue plate to arrive, I'm going to apply for the personalized :D

as for top speeds...N/A...

but up to this point of playing around to see what it'll do...I've been successful at acheiving close to 60 mph in 2nd...almot 85 in 3rd...not exactly suggested driving, but I needed to know what I had just for personal pride ;)

Mr. Anderson
Jun 5, 2002, 05:43 PM
Yeah, well, that's all and nice you're that concerned, but having been stuck behind a diesel or two, I'm not all that happy with them, they stink, period. And they're a lot noisier.

britboy
Jun 5, 2002, 06:17 PM

as for top speeds...N/A...

but up to this point of playing around to see what it'll do...I've been successful at acheiving close to 60 mph in 2nd...almot 85 in 3rd...not exactly suggested driving, but I needed to know what I had just for personal pride ;)

"not exactly suggested driving" would be the applicable words. Now how would it look if our top moderator were to be arrested for wreckless behaviour? ;) :p

Really sweet car you've got yourself there eye.

eyelikeart
Jun 5, 2002, 06:21 PM
Originally posted by britboy
Now how would it look if our top moderator were to be arrested for wreckless behaviour? ;) :p

Really sweet car you've got yourself there eye.

he he he...it won't happen...

I normally don't drive like that...but when u get a clear shot on an interstate entrance late at night...it's easy to test it out ;)

and thanks for the approval... :D

jelloshotsrule
Jun 5, 2002, 06:25 PM
Yeah, well, that's all and nice you're that concerned, but having been stuck behind a diesel or two, I'm not all that happy with them, they stink, period. And they're a lot noisier.

who cares? i can deal with some noise if it's more efficient.

and burning rubber spinning out isn't loud and smelly?

Mr. Anderson
Jun 5, 2002, 07:37 PM

and burning rubber spinning out isn't loud and smelly?

I have a Mazda Navajo, I don't think I've ever burned rubber.....ha, that would be interersting, don't think it would be possible, put it in 4x4 grease the tires to get them going and wait for it, be an interesting shot, video wise....

jelloshotsrule
Jun 5, 2002, 07:38 PM

I have a Mazda Navajo, I don't think I've ever burned rubber.....ha, that would be interersting, don't think it would be possible, put it in 4x4 grease the tires to get them going and wait for it, be an interesting shot, video wise....

i didn't mean to imply you per se. but i guess you realize that.

would make for a good shot indeed.... i don't nkow what a navajo is. besides the tribe. i'll look it up! on my own

Mr. Anderson
Jun 5, 2002, 07:45 PM
They don't make them any more, its basically a Ford Explorer Sport (2 door). I have a 93 model. When I bought it at the time, it had a much better interior than the Ford Model, that and the grill were different, otherwise exactly the same truck. Its done me well over the past 9 years.....damn, hard to believe I've had it that long. I'm trying to sell it now though, no one really knows what it is so the ad in the paper only got one response.

D

jelloshotsrule
Jun 5, 2002, 07:47 PM
i looked it up and saw. looks decent enough. not a grossly oversized suv like they make more and more these days.

but then again, that's what people want, so good luck selling it! ha.

no, seriously, good luck selling it.

Mr. Anderson
Jun 5, 2002, 07:53 PM
We call those 'rossly oversized suv like they make more and more these days' the Ford Excessive

Right around the corner is St. Mary's Catholic School and all the moms drop of the kids in the morning in the huge monstrosities, you name it, it there. I'd say more than half the vehicles are SUVs, pathetic.

jelloshotsrule
Jun 5, 2002, 08:01 PM
there's a funny name for most of them.

i like the "asscursion"..

if you're not hauling a load or driving 5+ people, don't drive one! uggh.

AlphaTech
Jun 5, 2002, 08:40 PM

That is exactly what I was talking about...

Ummm, jelloshotsrule, what do you think diesel fuel is made from??? You guessed it, oil just like gas is. Take a look at a truck that burns that stuff's exhaust and tell me that it doesn't pollute MORE then a car that burns gas. :rolleyes: Gas vehicles are held to emission standards that make them pollute a hell of a lot less then things that burn diesel.

For the record, I have a 02 Ranger with the 4 liter V6 that has the power to spare. It helps when I need to haul something in the bed, such as a yard of dirt or such. Considering how it can take ~2500lbs. in the bed, and ~6000lbs with a class 3 hitch.

As for me leaving rubber on the road, it's never a large patch, typically when the road is a little damp (or wet) and/or I want to get out of the intersection fast. It's not like one of those burnout clouds you see from the mooks in the 'tricked out' (as they call it) foreign rice burners (cars). :p

whfsdude
Jun 5, 2002, 09:02 PM
Ahhh, lucky you :P really :P My dream care, firebird well guess what they took it off. 2nd choice was camero. And guess what I can't drive till i'm frickin 18. Me love DC the city that's laws suck. Phone companys can dig up streets yet cable companys can't. Anyway my spelling a grammer might suck ass. I'll blame that on the fact I'm still buzzed. Me a perfect example why angel dust kills me brain cells. Hey it ain't seeds so long live masturbation. Now get of me bong water before I rape meself infront of me comp. Btw the care really rocks :P Also jelloshops are great dude I've tried those. :P I love my friends sister her bf is 21. I would date him just for the booze. :P Now I will conintue to suck on ghetto bob (are flishlight pipe) rofl Dude ur sucking on ghetto bob :P Army flashlight btw u know long tube witha dish type thingy works like a charm. I gotta stop before arn shoots me hehehehehehheehhe :P

jelloshotsrule
Jun 5, 2002, 10:03 PM
Originally posted by AlphaTech
Ummm, jelloshotsrule, what do you think diesel fuel is made from??? You guessed it, oil just like gas is. Take a look at a truck that burns that stuff's exhaust and tell me that it doesn't pollute MORE then a car that burns gas. :rolleyes: Gas vehicles are held to emission standards that make them pollute a hell of a lot less then things that burn diesel.

it's made from oil? really? wow... thanks.

i'm not talking about a truck that burns diesel. comparing a truck to a car is not comparing apples to apples. trucks have much bigger engines and don't have the same emissions tests as cars for the most part.

i'm not going to claim to be an expert on the way different fuels are burned. but i'm pretty sure the better fuel efficiency of a diesel CAR compared to the same car with regular gas makes up for the difference in emissions. as i said i'm no expert. but i believe that to be the case.

and my overall point is not that diesel cars are better, though i think in general it works out that way (fuel efficiency vs emissions wise) but rather, if you don't need the size/power/fuel wasting suv/truck, then drive a car. and ideally a fuel efficient one.

but hey, burn rubber.

eyelikeart
Jun 5, 2002, 10:20 PM
for the record... :o

I have yet to burn out in my car...

but I have caught second gear a few times in demonstrations for friends...he he he ;)