Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

timotheezz

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 6, 2007
New Jersey
Thursday 7/10 - upgraded to the early version of 2.0. Downloaded apps. Apps worked great. Etc. etc.

Friday 7/11 - upgraded to the "official" version of 2.0. I left that alone overnight.

Saturday 7/12 - Restored to 7/10's sync, and everything synced properly EXCEPT for my apps.

I get this pop up screen:

"Some of the applications in your iTunes library, including "AIM", were not installed on the iPhone "Timotheezz iPhone" because you are not authorized for them on this computer."

What gives?! I downloaded about 16 apps, and I paid $25 for 3 of them. I don't get what's happening.

Can someone please help? It would be greatly appreciated!

:mad:

Dimwhit

macrumors 68020
Apr 10, 2007
I understand that you can re-download paid apps for free. So you might try moving the apps to the desktop (or just delete them), then re-download all of them and see if that fixes it.

Edit: But you might want to confirm the free re-download thing first...

timotheezz

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 6, 2007
New Jersey
Fixed!

Okay so I tried googling it ONE MORE TIME, and ta-da!

http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jspa?messageID=7558038

Basically, you go to Applications under Library in iTunes, and you double click each app and your prompted with a screen to enter your password.

Easy as that!

The only annoying part is that it tells me I'm now authorized on 2 of my allotted 5 machines. 2 machines and it's the same machine? Oh well!

Time to get app crazy!!

Coram Nobis

macrumors member
Jul 11, 2008
Okay so I tried googling it ONE MORE TIME, and ta-da!

http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jspa?messageID=7558038

Basically, you go to Applications under Library in iTunes, and you double click each app and your prompted with a screen to enter your password.

Easy as that!

The only annoying part is that it tells me I'm now authorized on 2 of my allotted 5 machines. 2 machines and it's the same machine? Oh well!

Time to get app crazy!!

I was pulling my hair out. thanks!! strange I got the 2 machines thing, too, on the SAME machine.

TimothyB

macrumors 6502a
Jun 20, 2008
Bay Area
I have the new 3G that had the out of date firmware.

So I did a full restore. I chose not to use the backup, just in case it reintroduced errors. I also gave it a new name, seemed to have my user name for Vista, which I didn't want.

Now when I try to sync, all my applications, free and paid won't sync because of this.

What's the cause of this? New name, choosing a new phone? I originally purchased them all on the iPhone, so having to access them for the first time from the computer, it finally decided to ask for authorization on this pc.

I double clicked one of the free apps and authorized, which said only 1 slot now used, but then I didn't have to do it for all the other apps, seemed to do it all of them once at or something. Edit, well, 4 didn't make it out of 12, but all 12 were denied before.

TimothyB

macrumors 6502a
Jun 20, 2008
Bay Area
Ok, I double click the apps in question and nothing happens. How do I know they are authorized and if they are not?

EDIT: Well, syncing it again seemed to fix the last couple apps.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.