PDA

View Full Version : Final Cut Pro 4.1.1, LiveType 1.1.1, Xcode 1.1

MacRumors
Dec 18, 2003, 03:28 PM
Following a slew of pre-Christmas updates, Apple has also released the following updates in Software Update:

Final Cut Pro 4.1.1

This update addresses issues that may be encountered with Final Cut Pro if you are using the Simplified Chinese Input Method, which is the way that users enter Simplified Chinese characters on a Macintosh computer.

Final Cut Pro 4.1.1 is recommended for users using Final Cut Pro 4 on a Simplified Chinese system.

Live Type 1.1.1

LiveType 1.1.1 addresses compatibility issues with 3rd party LiveFont, textures, and objects. This update includes all previous maintenance releases and is strongly recommended for all Final Cut Pro 4 users with earlier versions of LiveType.

This update includes all previous updates to LiveType, providing the following additional fixes and/or improvements:
- Timeline enhancements: improved media descriptions, effect order setting, snapping, copying and pasting effects
- Matte to Texture feature available directly from the Media Browser
- Individual effect assignment for selected characters
- Ability to replace movies and images
- Proper behavior interpolation when applying two or more effects
- Improved memory usage

Xcode 1.1
The Xcode 1.1 Update provides overall stability and performance enhancements to Xcode IDE, as well as improvements to debugging, workflow, the Xcode build system and CodeSense. It is recommended that all Xcode users install this update.

SiliconAddict
Dec 18, 2003, 03:30 PM
Just announced!!!! OS X.4 Tiger!!!! ;)

At this rate I wouldn't put it past Apple :p

ThomasJefferson
Dec 18, 2003, 03:30 PM
Dad'gumit Steve, what are you going to do, update everthing! Slow down will ya.

vwcruisn
Dec 18, 2003, 03:31 PM
Wow apple has been busy!

ksz
Dec 18, 2003, 03:31 PM
Way to go! Keep 'em coming.

visor
Dec 18, 2003, 03:32 PM
looks like xmas is here. updates, updates, updates...;) i'm installing about an hour already ...

James.Paul
Dec 18, 2003, 03:33 PM
Any more? There's still a few hours to go?

Wash!!
Dec 18, 2003, 03:33 PM
Its beging to look a lot like Christmas (singing).

Apple's elfs had been very busy. What's next 3GHz G5 powerbooks, the reborn of the newton... and can't take any more..
:D

restiffbard
Dec 18, 2003, 03:34 PM
does this happen every christmas? I must admit this is my first christmas with a Mac but good googly moogly. What is it now? 8 updates in a week?

TheFish
Dec 18, 2003, 03:34 PM
the updates just keep on comming

dr_lha
Dec 18, 2003, 03:35 PM
Argghhh - too many updates. Brain exploding!!!

blueBomber
Dec 18, 2003, 03:36 PM
does apple have all of their departments working overtime on updates or what?

york2600
Dec 18, 2003, 03:37 PM
Apple is kicking some serious butt in the last few days. Wrapping up all the loose ends in their software. Yum!

macMaestro
8 updates... Think we'll get to 9?

Gymnut
Guess the programmers are working hard for da money. :D

coolfactor
Dec 18, 2003, 03:39 PM
xCode update showed up in my Software Update even though I never had it installed. I'm downloading it, and trust it is the complete package. Be nice to try it out finally.

ckwm
Dec 18, 2003, 03:40 PM
This a real burst of updates. Is this usual or a clearing of hte decks ready for MWSF?

network23
Dec 18, 2003, 03:41 PM
Oh my goodness! More updates!

Why it's...it's...
Christmas in December! :D

MacsRgr8
Wow.... have we ever seen this many updates in one day???

ksz
XCode 1.1 is a significant update. The Readme is extensive. I'm impressed they've fixed the little gripe I had about the "Effective C++ Warnings" not working.

Mr.Hey
Dec 18, 2003, 03:42 PM
^^^^ the post above me are teh funny :D....thanks for the laughs folks.

AmigoMac
Dec 18, 2003, 03:43 PM
6 and moving up... wow, There must be something big coming... It wouldn't surprise me if they realize an ad with... and you will see why 2004 won't be like 2004...:)

What will we get tomorrow? Ohhhh, January... I cant write more... I'll wait...

MikeAtari
Dec 18, 2003, 03:48 PM
Can XCode be used to write Java now?
I haven't found any Doc and it's not exactly like the previous version "project builder?".

I really could use a gread java IDE on the Apple platform.

Mr.Hey
Dec 18, 2003, 03:49 PM
Originally posted by restiffbard
does this happen every christmas? I must admit this is my first christmas with a Mac but good googly moogly. What is it now? 8 updates in a week?

Then yOu should feel right at home since on the windows side of things updates like these are daily thing? right? :D ;) the only difference is they call them service packets and don't taste as yummy :)

Stella
Dec 18, 2003, 03:51 PM
XCode 1.1 - code insight is vastly more faster now - fast enough to renable it for automatic look up :-)

Stella
Dec 18, 2003, 03:52 PM
You could always use XCode to write Java Applications.

However, code insight isn't supported still.

You'd be far better off downloading Eclipse, which is free of course.

Origina
lly posted by MikeAtari
Can XCode be used to write Java now?
I haven't found any Doc and it's not exactly like the previous version "project builder?".

I really could use a gread java IDE on the Apple platform.

MacsRgr8
Dec 18, 2003, 03:53 PM
ALSO DVD STUDIO PRO 2.0.3

From Win to Mac
Dec 18, 2003, 03:53 PM
damn, more updates are coming today:
http://www.macnn.com/news/22557

SoGood
Dec 18, 2003, 04:00 PM
I am not doing any work today nor yesterday! :D

And there's also another 40M update for DVD Studio Pro 2.03 that's not listed here yet!

Never seen Apple like this before...

mrdrumbum
Dec 18, 2003, 04:01 PM
does anyone know why this isn't showing up in my software update? it only shows quicktime and xcode. even after i updated quicktime, still no final cut apps update is showing.

AppleMatt
Dec 18, 2003, 04:02 PM
:) Go Apple!

I'm about to clean install Panther, I think I'll install XCode just so I can update it!

Only a Mac user would do that.
Correction: Only a sad Mac user would do that.

Off I go :)

AppleMatt

MacsRgr8
Dec 18, 2003, 04:04 PM
have fun, AppleMatt!

:)

york2600
Dec 18, 2003, 04:05 PM
Does anyone find it a little weird that you can't get iTunes through software update?

mrdrumbum
Dec 18, 2003, 04:08 PM
does anyone know why this isn't showing up in my software update? it only shows quicktime and xcode. even after i updated quicktime, still no final cut apps update is showing.

Mr.Hey
Dec 18, 2003, 04:14 PM
Apple doesn't always go with SU the first day usually takes a few days for them to put all that stuff in SU maybe bandwidth the reason.

Don't worry its not like its a hacker or anything? or is it? :D j/k

and if you don't already have Xcode installed then don't bother with the update.

FlamDrag
Dec 18, 2003, 04:17 PM
Maybe Apple just has some pre-paid bandwidth that they need to use before the year's end?

Steve: We have how much bandwidth left?

Apple Scrub: Tons and tons

Steve: And if we don't use it, we lose it?

Apple Scrub: Yep

Steve: Hmmm...

Apple Scrub: Shall we release the beta of iMovie Video Store?

Steve: Nah... Let's just update some software.

Apple Scrub: Like what?

Steve: Um...how about everything?

Apple Scrub: Aye aye.

Skull Leader
Dec 18, 2003, 04:43 PM
Is this update for Panther only? I'm still using Jag 10.2.8 and I only see QuickTime in the update...nothing after installing. What gives? I still gots Final Cut Pro and LiveType? Well, If I don't use Chinese do I still need the update?

David Engel

york2600
Dec 18, 2003, 04:45 PM
If you don't use simplified Chinese you don't need the update unless Apple did some more tweaking besides that.

Originally posted by Skull Leader
Is this update for Panther only? I'm still using Jag 10.2.8 and I only see QuickTime in the update...nothing after installing. What gives? I still gots Final Cut Pro and LiveType? Well, If I don't use Chinese do I still need the update?

David Engel

Skull Leader
Dec 18, 2003, 04:50 PM
WooHoo! It just showed up after like the tenth time of using Software Update! (Guess I showed them I was really serious, wierd). Well, even if I don't use simplied Chinese, the LiveType updates are uselful.

I just hope QuickTime 6.5 doesn't have as many bugs with FCP as 6.4 did....

DE.

me_94501
Dec 18, 2003, 04:51 PM
Since Monday, apple has released:
-g5 Firmware update 5.1.4
-Apple Remote desktop 1.2.4
-Mac OS 10.3.2 update
-Battery Update 1.1
- Java 3D and Java Advanced Imaging Update 1.0
-Quicktime 6.5
-iTunes 4.2
-FCP 4.1.1
-XCode 1.1
-LiveType 1.1.1
-DVD Studio Pro 2.0.3
I'm probably still missing something. That's 11 for those of you keeping score.

Wuddel
Dec 18, 2003, 04:53 PM
Ok. Keynote 1.5 for me then.

ITR 81
Dec 18, 2003, 05:12 PM
I bet another sercuity update comes out either tomorrow or before end of this week.

I believe SJ is just getting everyone ready for Jan. when they announce full upgrades to most of their lineup.

Makosuke
Dec 18, 2003, 05:22 PM
They sure are going berserk with the tweaks today. Every time I click my MacRumors link there's something new!

I like the unused bandwidth theory, but maybe those poor overworked programmers are going to get a nice long Christmas holiday starting Saturday. Release everything on Thrusday incase there's a disasterous bug, then they've got Friday to fix it, right?

vrapan
Dec 18, 2003, 05:39 PM
I have XCode installed but the SU does not show the update anyone has a clue about that? appreciated!

akac
Dec 18, 2003, 06:10 PM
Originally posted by Stella
XCode 1.1 - code insight is vastly more faster now - fast enough to renable it for automatic look up :-)

Where does one get the 1.1 update? Its not at ADC and its not in SW Update...I have XCode 1.0 installed....

mac15
Dec 18, 2003, 06:13 PM
xcode isn't showing up in SW update for me, was it pulled?

arn
Dec 18, 2003, 06:40 PM
looks like Xcode no longer appears in Software Update.

arn

rspress
Dec 18, 2003, 06:43 PM
What with the 10.3.2 update, the Java 3D and imaging API'S, the Java update, the xcode update, the FCP4 update, the livetype update, the DVD Studio pro update and the iTunes update my cable connections has been busy in the last 24 hours.

At least I'll be updated for Christmas.

magi.sys
Dec 18, 2003, 06:44 PM
looks like xcode 1.1 was pulled.
Anyone heard rumors about the 10.3.2 update for server?

hrmm... I wonder why Apple is not using software update for itunes.

Lewisham
Dec 18, 2003, 06:54 PM
I wonder if the Xcode pull was what brought my system to a total halt during the download? I was about 2mbs away from finishing as well! :(

Fortunately, if it still doesn't fix Java I have no real issues. I mean, really, Java is so much nicer than C for making your own programs, you would have thought they might have had the decency to sort it out by the first update.

*kicks 56k crapness*

ITR 81
Dec 18, 2003, 07:04 PM
Originally posted by magi.sys

Probably because they want to centralize where everyone(windows users) gets their iTunes update.

Catfish_Man
Dec 18, 2003, 07:13 PM
Originally posted by Stella

SCORE!

iAdam
Dec 18, 2003, 07:46 PM
I was puzzled why there was not an iTunes or Xcode update in Software Update. Anyone with the Xcode update experence any problems or reasons for them to recall it?

Garry
Dec 18, 2003, 09:03 PM
I don't know if this is pertinent, but I'm in the UK on an iMac G4 running OS 10.3.2 and iTunes 4.2 showed up in my software update along with Quicktime 6.5.

iAdam
Dec 18, 2003, 09:07 PM
I just checked Software Update a second ago and now iTunes 4.2 is on there

rspress
Dec 18, 2003, 09:27 PM
Originally posted by magi.sys

Maybe they want us to use the web to kick up those download numbers or to sign up for the email notifications. Does not matter as long as it is free.

ZildjianKX
Dec 18, 2003, 09:30 PM
iTunes 4.2 finally showed up for me...

Kinda bummed Xcode 1.1 was pulled, I really want to try the new version...

Also dissapointed that there are all these updates, and Apple has still neglected to fix the bugged out iPod firmware they released awhile ago... :(

i_wolf
Dec 18, 2003, 10:05 PM
damn. i missed the xcode update. Im also a java developer (prefer c and c++ though ;) ). Can anyone with XCode 1.1 tell me if they now have codecompletion working with Java yet?? Maybe it's me, but codesense, codecompletion whatever they call it works great in c and c++ but nada for Java. Also the syntax highlighting for Java could be majorly improved. Here's hoping!
By the way the person who recommended eclipse, good call. its real nice, however, .... on os x, its a pain in the back side because its so slow.

rspress
Dec 18, 2003, 10:47 PM
Originally posted by i_wolf
damn. i missed the xcode update. Im also a java developer (prefer c and c++ though ;) ). Can anyone with XCode 1.1 tell me if they now have codecompletion working with Java yet?? Maybe it's me, but codesense, codecompletion whatever they call it works great in c and c++ but nada for Java. Also the syntax highlighting for Java could be majorly improved. Here's hoping!
By the way the person who recommended eclipse, good call. its real nice, however, .... on os x, its a pain in the back side because its so slow.

Can't say for sure but codesense was part of the update.

You can find more info on the update here:
http://www.macrumors.com/pages/2003/12/20031218162841.shtml

~Shard~
Dec 18, 2003, 10:57 PM
This is unreal! These updates just keep coming and coming - man, what does Steve have planned for MWSF? Updated iApps too, and new hardware to run everything on? I'm getting more and more excited every day!

Wendy_Rebecca
Dec 19, 2003, 07:27 AM
These aren't "updates". They're bug fixes. Let's be honest for once. If Micro$oft did this, y'all would be laughing at how bad the "new OS" is, and how it needs to be patched, patched, patched.

It's not a bad thing. But a little intellectual honesty would be nice right now.

stcanard
Dec 19, 2003, 09:28 AM
Originally posted by Wendy_Rebecca
These aren't "updates". They're bug fixes. Let's be honest for once. If Micro$oft did this, y'all would be laughing at how bad the "new OS" is, and how it needs to be patched, patched, patched.

It's not a bad thing. But a little intellectual honesty would be nice right now.

Yes and no.

Some of this is "bugfixes". Although I have not run into the bugs they are fixing, so they are obviously not widespread. That kind of bug is expected.

Some of what is coming is "updates" because it's adding or improving functionality (c.f. the ATI driver updates in 10.3.2 -- I was happy with my performance before, therefore this is an update)

I just commented to a friend yesterday. The difference between Apple updates and MS updates (and why I complain bitterly about MS while anticipating Apple):

After the last several updates on my XP machine I have either seen no difference, or a decrease in performance

After the last several updates on my PB I have more features, a faster OS, and an extra 1/2 hour of battery.

i_wolf
Dec 19, 2003, 09:57 AM
Does anybody know of a site that is hosting the XCode 1.1 that was pulled.
It isn't on software update, and is'nt on ADC.

iChan
Dec 19, 2003, 10:09 AM
looks like the update cart is slowing down now...

there is not much else to update tbh... iMovie 3.5 would be nice, mainly performance enhancements, that's what i want.

iAdam
Dec 19, 2003, 04:52 PM
Xcode 1.1 is now back on software update for me

beamso
Dec 19, 2003, 08:09 PM
Can anyone with XCode 1.1 tell me if they now have codecompletion working with Java yet??

It's still not working.

jettredmont
Dec 22, 2003, 10:06 AM
damn. i missed the xcode update. Im also a java developer (prefer c and c++ though ;) ). Can anyone with XCode 1.1 tell me if they now have codecompletion working with Java yet??

No, CodeSense for Java is in the "planning" stages, according to posts from Apple on the xcode-users list.

It's not exactly wonderful for C++, either (doesn't prioritize a class's methods; "g" [curly-.] displays about a thousand items before your first "getter" ...). Obj-C and straight C are Apple's priorities, as they always have been ...

jettredmont
Dec 22, 2003, 10:13 AM
Originally posted by iAdam
I was puzzled why there was not an iTunes or Xcode update in Software Update. Anyone with the Xcode update experence any problems or reasons for them to recall it?

XCode 1.1 was pulled for problems with Software Update servers. The "second" 1.1 was no different than the "first" 1.1 update; the rules on the server were modified. Perhaps to make it easier on the updates servers, or perhaps to make sure people don't see 1.1 if they don't have XCode installed at all ... I'm not sure.

This is coming from senior Apple dev tools people posting on the XCode-Users mailing list ...

anodized
Dec 23, 2003, 08:29 PM
saw that DVD studio pro 2.0.4 is in the software update.

45 Megs!