Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ppdix

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 6, 2001
Miami Beach
My iphone 3G doesn't have send photo to mobileme yet. I even restored it and nothing.
Also the mobileme documentation is crap!:mad:

The General

macrumors 601
Jul 7, 2006
Seems a legit question. Apple posts all of these tutorials with "go to MobileMe in System Preferences" and yet mine is still .Mac.

It's not in Software Update
I can't find it on Apple's Website
It's not in the tutorials or on me.com
I can't find it here because the link is down in that "omg i found a link in this xml to what may be the installer" thread.

Now, MR has a front page post with "Mac OS X Updater Available" and no LINK TO THE FREAKING UPDATER?

This is ridiculous.

EDIT: Found it. LOL It's not working, all it does is erase my contacts on my iPhone 3G.

Dvee8

macrumors newbie
Jul 1, 2007
I'm frustrated too!

I stopped at an Apple Store today and the gentleman I spoke with seemed to be unaware of the Updater, or its disappearance.

I do want to stress that he was extremely pleasant and helpful. We went to one of the store's iMacs and he googled it and found a number of announcements from earlier in the week but failed to find it, or any mention of it, on the downloads page. His advice was to check Software Update and the downloads page for its eventual reappearance.

Imagine my surprise when I saw the MacRumors announcement that it was back, only to find that it was another false alarm.

I sympathize with the scale and complexity of this product launch, but I'm anxious to get it all straightened out!

booooo

macrumors newbie
Mar 7, 2004
Oregon, USA
Patience, Patience!

The updater is in the Software Updater - Didn't even require a reboot! How great is that!? :)

Make sure you have gone to the preferences of your computer, click on Mobileme and then click on sync and select "Synchronize with MobileMe - decide how often... I like the "Show Status in Menu Bar" so I can see when it is working... Don't forget to select the items you want "sunk" like calendars, contacts, mail, etc... :cool: Works great as of 3:00 here in the Northwest! :)

woodie63

macrumors newbie
Dec 6, 2005
the update did not appear in software update for me
when I went into my .mac preferences pane I got a message telling me to update with a link

rdowns

macrumors Penryn
Jul 11, 2003
Haven't tried it on Leopard but just sent photo to my gallery on 2G iPhone and saw it almost immediately in MobileMe on Tiger machine. I've received no update for Tiger but did for Leopard.

shompa

macrumors 6502
Jul 23, 2002
I am getting crazy. Have 4 macs in my home. Some of them have got the mobileme update, but most of them has not.

I have tried everything, but cant get my macpro to find the update. I play around with .mac icon. Log in and out. I run software uppdate 93 times. Still no update.

Where is a download link? please?
huge thanks

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.