PDA

View Full Version : music? favorite song?

firewire2001
May 16, 2002, 09:36 PM
so what kind of music do you guys listen to?

i guess ill listen to anything (even classical... :o ).. i guess in classical my fav song has gotta be rhapsody in blue...

so whats YOUR favorite song?

AlphaTech
May 16, 2002, 09:52 PM
I listen to pretty much anything from classical to heavy metal (except for all country and about 95% of rap). I have been listening to Disturbed often (good to drive to), but I do favor Metallica and Rob Zombie. RHCP and Smashing Pumpkins are also up there on the listen list, as is Poe (Haunted cd).

3rdpath
May 16, 2002, 09:53 PM
Originally posted by firewire2001
i guess in classical my fav song has gotta be rhapsody in blue...

ok, i'll give you BIG points for choosing george gershwin--he was one of the true pioneers of jazz( what it was called then...) which is a distinctly american music. however, his is not considered classical music. don't get me wrong, you have excellent taste but there is a difference. if you like gershwin, you'll probably like bach and mozart-two equally melodic classical composers. if you can find them, the old recordings of gershwin played by oscar levant are amazing. he was also in the movie musical" an american in paris" which is all gershwin.

as for a favorite song of mine, there are too many to list. so here's a quick list of composers: bach, mozart, morricone, telemann, hoagy carmicheal, irving berlin, gershwin, lennon/mccartney, elvis costello, phillip glass, elton john/taupin,miles davis, herbie hancock, monk, randy newman, count basie, scott joplin, aimee mann......and so on. :)

cleo
May 16, 2002, 10:07 PM
I have a crazy eclectic iTunes library. Everything from U2 (I think I've mentioned in other threads that Bono is the only man in the world I would go hetero for) to Rancid to Dixie Chicks to Tibetan chants. Right now I'm really stuck on this song "Fine Day for Sailing" by Go Sailor. Google the lyrics and you'll get an idea of why I've been rather bitter lately... :)

Mr. Anderson
May 16, 2002, 10:12 PM
I don't have any one favorite song. Since we got an XM Satellite Radio, though, I've been listening to all sorts of stuff I didn't even know exsited. I highly recommend getting one if you get a chance, it will change the way you listen to music. And no, I don't get a commission. But on average I'll listen to just about everything except county, rap, and heavy metal.

jelloshotsrule
May 16, 2002, 10:13 PM
bono is indeed the man. his political power and awareness along with his stage presence and voice is amazing...

stuff like u2, but nothing too popular other than that.

as well as hardcore/punk stuff. indie rock i guess you could say. i don't listen to the radio.

sense field is one of my favorite bands and they've recently started getting bigger, including some radio play. so that's cool. they've stayed true to themselves an their music whilst getting big. so that's it basically.

eyelikeart
May 17, 2002, 12:08 AM
Originally posted by cleo
I have a crazy eclectic iTunes library. Everything from U2 (I think I've mentioned in other threads that Bono is the only man in the world I would go hetero for) to Rancid to Dixie Chicks to Tibetan chants. Right now I'm really stuck on this song "Fine Day for Sailing" by Go Sailor. Google the lyrics and you'll get an idea of why I've been rather bitter lately... :)

I'm with u cleo....I have a vary wide array of musical tastes...

anything from John Coltrane to Beastie Boys to Rage Against the Machine to Depeche Mode...I also have a complete love for Sinatra tunes....nothing like him to get u in a good mood before hitting the town...

I could go on and on...

not my favorite....but I've been stuck on Depeche Mode's "Mercy in You" from their Songs of Faith & Devotion cd... ;)

iGav
May 17, 2002, 03:45 AM
rock, jazz, ambient, dance, trip-hop, big band, crooners, some rap... main bands though r:

REM, Underworld, PWEI, Portishead, Rae and christian, the dandys, Kruder and dorfmeister, Kid Loco, Alex Gopher, Radiohead, Massive Attack, Sneaker Pimps, Theivery Corporation, Beastie Boys, Dido, Sinatra, Tony Bennett, Senser, Beach boys, Byrds, midge ure, senseless things, Moby, Midnight oil, Garbage, NIN, Ministry, Fuzz Townsend, Bentley Rhythm Ace, clint mansell, bjork, leftfield....... and hundreds of others......

I love music..... :) :D ;)

eyelikeart
May 17, 2002, 08:47 AM
Originally posted by iGAV
rock, jazz, ambient, dance, trip-hop, big band, crooners, some rap... main bands though r:

REM, Underworld, PWEI, Portishead, Rae and christian, the dandys, Kruder and dorfmeister, Kid Loco, Alex Gopher, Radiohead, Massive Attack, Sneaker Pimps, Theivery Corporation, Beastie Boys, Dido, Sinatra, Tony Bennett, Senser, Beach boys, Byrds, midge ure, senseless things, Moby, Midnight oil, Garbage, NIN, Ministry, Fuzz Townsend, Bentley Rhythm Ace, clint mansell, bjork, leftfield....... and hundreds of others......

I love music..... :) :D ;)

dude....I think we were meant to be friends....all except for the Beach Boys reference...he he he ;)

I can picture it now...chilling out to the sounds of Bjork in the background....green fairies all around.... :D

Macmaniac
May 17, 2002, 09:28 AM
I like Jazz, Classical Rock, Simpsons music, and other stuff. The Beetles are my all time favorite band. I also like Bob Marley, and old school rock from the 60's and 70's.

iGav
May 17, 2002, 09:59 AM
Originally posted by eyelikeart

dude....I think we were meant to be friends....all except for the Beach Boys reference...he he he ;)

I can picture it now...chilling out to the sounds of Bjork in the background....green fairies all around.... :D

Green fairies............heh heh heh :p :p :p

wsteineker
May 18, 2002, 02:57 AM
Ooooh. This one is GREAT! Eye, your taste is especially appreciated. Favorite song is a gimme. It has to be "Tangled Up In Blue" by the always fabulous Bob Dylan.

As for bands and artists, mine is an odd list (in no particular order). R.E.M., The Rolling Stones, The Who, Pavement, Guided By Voices, Aimee Mann, Jeff Buckley, Weezer, Van Morrison, The Band, Joni Mitchell, U2, Tom Petty, The Traveling Wilburys, The Police, The Kinks, The Beatles, Led Zeppelin, Talking Heads, The Sex Pistols, The Ramones, The Velvet Undeground, Pink Floyd, Nirvana, Liz Phair, Rage Against The Machine, David Bowie, Neil Young, Cream, Beastie Boys, Moby, The Beach Boys, The Smiths, Thelonius Monk, Joshua Bell, Pete Yorn, Otis Redding, Miles Davis, John Coltrane, Charlie Parker, Bob Dylan, and Radiohead.

By the way, I feel the need to stick up for the Beach Boys. Pet Sounds is the greatest album EVER MADE!!!

iGav
May 18, 2002, 03:34 AM
By the way, I feel the need to stick up for the Beach Boys. Pet Sounds is the greatest album EVER MADE!!!

Heh heh......... Sloop John B, is like rattling around my skull as we speak..... Pet Sounds is such a cool album..... :D But eye likes Sinatra so that makes up for it...... :D

hey wsteineker you definitely got some sounds going on there...... Thelonius Monk, Miles Davis, John Coltrane Ah yeah!!!!

I also forgot to add onto my list Patti Smith, St Etienne, Meat Beat Manifesto, Groove Armada, Belly, Juliana Hatfield, Smudge, Lalo Schifrin, Orbital, David Holmes, Curve, The Afro Celt Soundsystem, the mamas and the papas, Beth orton, violet indiana, State of flux, higher intelligence agency,ultravox...... and
hundreds of others......... :D

I forgot to say what my favourite song was.... well I find that my fav songs change from week to week, but currently it's well 2 songs..... I've Been High by REM off REVEAL, and Jumbo by Underworld off Beaucoup Fish, if I had to name the desert island song.... then it'd probably be Leave by REM off New Adventures in Hi-Fi......... better stop now, I could literally go on all day about this subject.....

I love music.....:)

mac15
May 18, 2002, 05:45 AM
I have a ton of music ....... I have like 900+ mp3s
I have everything..... I have heaps of rap and R&B like DMX, dr dre and DMX tupac and so ans so
and I have well everything.....from this to that:D

King Cobra
May 18, 2002, 08:58 AM
I like a few bands with these songs:
Here To Stay by Korn
Control and Blurry by Puddle of Mudd
Lots of songs by Linkin Park

But my new favorite is Downfall by Trust Company.

Basically, all this is Hard Rock. Some of it is profane, but being a semi-mp3 junkie and a profane teenager it suits me just right.

Any time is a great time for iPod.

mymemory
May 18, 2002, 10:46 AM
Depechemode

Enjoy the silence

That is it.

iGav
May 18, 2002, 10:55 AM
Originally posted by mymemory
Depechemode

Enjoy the silence

That is it.

I guess you don't have a need for a 10Gb iPod then..... :p

Ensign Paris
May 18, 2002, 10:56 AM
I am a die hard rock fan, who also likes jazz, swing and electronica, oh yeah and indy.

There is list of people I like here - http://homepage.mac.com/guywickenden/PhotoAlbum3.html

I hate pop & dance (westlife, boyzone I think they need to be strung up and killed etc...) although I do have a Britney song on my comptuer :( I love Rock and Roll, I downloaded because I like the original

I have attached a picture of my play lists (on my Powerbook)

Ensign

King Cobra
May 18, 2002, 11:01 AM
Oh, yeah. I forgot about Britney Spears, because I was more focused on the Hard Rock. I have all 45 of her songs on the iPod. I am questioning whether or not I should get her movie.

Any time is a great time for iPod.

Ensign Paris
May 18, 2002, 11:02 AM
sorry, forgot the attachment:

(notice I have Moloko spelt right this time :)

mc68k
May 18, 2002, 11:19 AM
Originally posted by AlphaTech
I listen to pretty much anything from classical to heavy metal (except for all country and about 95% of rap). I have been listening to Disturbed often (good to drive to), but I do favor Metallica and Rob Zombie. RHCP and Smashing Pumpkins are also up there on the listen list, as is Poe (Haunted cd).
Seems like we have similar tastes. I don't like country and most rap too. I'll listen to almost anything else.

My favorite music is Classic Rock:
Floyd, Zeppelin, Boston, America, CSNY, Hendrix, Cat Stevens, Alan Parsons Project, James Taylor, CCR, Journey, Doors, Elton John, Lynrd Skynrd, Steve Miller Band, Chicago, Moody Blues, etc.

I'm partial to anything with a well-played guitar, acoustic, classical, or electric.

I like metal music because it's something to get angry to— especially old Metallica. I LOVE my SW Trilogy Box set, John Williams is great.

I have many other bands, but I thought I'd just name a few.

menoinjun
May 18, 2002, 11:32 AM
As far as my tastes go, I like just about everything.

What I do have most in my iTunes library though is Phish and Rush.

Rush is touring again this summer, and I'm seeing them twice.

-Pete

2Step Garage
May 18, 2002, 12:09 PM
Types of music I move too:

UK 2Step Garage, House, Drum n' Bass, Electro, Ambient, Jungle, Techno, Leftfield, Blues, Rock, Jazz, Swing.... well anything and everything i asume... basically anything that can get me on the dance floor

Artists I dig:

Felix Da Housecat, Landslide, Craig David, Jack Johnson, So Solid Crew, Kosheen, Sunship, Basement Jaxx, Buddy Rich, Sade, Chemical Brothers, The Baldwin Brothers, Gorillaz, Mj Cole, Stanton Warriors, Daft Punk, Air, Jamiroquai, Paul Van Dyk, Artful Dodger, I could continue listing but it would be pointless.... the list goes on and on.... MUSIC IS MY LIFE!!!

Music I Spin (Dj):

UK 2step Garage, Disco/Latin House

CD of the week:

Felix Da Housecat " Kittenz and thee Glitz " (( CHECK IT YO!!! ))

3rdpath
May 18, 2002, 12:35 PM
Originally posted by 2Step Garage
Types of music I move too:

Basement Jaxx, Buddy Rich,

gotta love the diversity. have you ever heard the tape of buddy rich going ballistic on his tour bus? OMG, what a laugh....theres a funny joke about buddy that went around the jazz circles after he died...

a guy calls buddy's house and asks to speak to buddy. his widow tells the caller " i'm sorry, buddy passed away". this repeats for several days until his widow finally asks the guy" why do you keep calling? i've told you over and over that buddy is DEAD". to which the guy replies" i know, i just like hearing it..."

buddy wasn't well liked.....but he could PLAY. :)

neut
May 18, 2002, 12:49 PM
you know by listening to britney – your killing the the world around us...

Angelus
May 18, 2002, 01:10 PM
il listen 2 pretty much anything but ive a place in my heart for U2 who absolutely kick ass.i also like anything that has some nice acoustic guitar in it like sum of the goo goo dolls stuff.

krossfyter
May 18, 2002, 04:28 PM
u2 .... my favorite band ever since i started listining to music back in 1983.

i jam out to rage against the machine, incubus, moke, sevendust, econoline crush, pitchshifter, vallejo, pod, project 86, stavesacre (an amazing band), glassjaw, the verve pipe, radiohead (just phenominal), full devil jacket, crustal method, moby, bassment jaxx, bobby hughes expierence, stone temple piolts, from zero, soul coughing (i love thier sound..too band they broke up), BT, and a lot of funky cool hip jazz ...etc.etc.

jelloshotsrule
May 18, 2002, 05:01 PM
Originally posted by krossfyter
glassjaw, the verve pipe, ...

glassjaw, interesting.

are you into any other punk/hardcore bands?

i like the singer's voice a lot but i don't really like his lyrics... just a little too negative. ahh well

iGav
May 19, 2002, 06:41 AM
u2 .... my favorite band ever since i started listining to music back in 1983.

i jam out to rage against the machine, incubus, moke, sevendust, econoline crush, pitchshifter, vallejo, pod, project 86, stavesacre (an amazing band), glassjaw, the verve pipe, radiohead (just phenominal), full devil jacket, crustal method, moby, bassment jaxx, bobby hughes expierence, stone temple piolts, from zero, soul coughing (i love thier sound..too band they broke up), BT, and a lot of funky cool hip jazz ...etc.etc.

Man you've got some tunes going down there..... ;) :D

And some stuff I've never heard of...... so I'm gonna check out a couple of those later when I get back!! :)

I need new music..... :D

whfsdude
May 19, 2002, 07:18 AM
Smashing Pumpkins, M. Manson, APC, Slayer, ohGr, RHCP, The Cure, Ozzy, KMFDM, Tool, Our Lady Peace, Rammstien, NIN, Megaherz, Megadeth, and Cradle of Filth (Dont they have the best musid videos.)

Last 5 Songs listened to:
White Zombie - More Human
Placebo - Special K
Smashing Pumpkins - In My Body (This song is "GOD")
Soul Asylum - Runaway Train
Marilyn Manson/Rasputina - Apple of Sodom

Thats me music :D

kishba
May 19, 2002, 08:38 AM
i listen to everything you guys have listed so far

but my favorite has to be jimmy eat world... you guys really need to listen to them

plus if you want to hear a very, very good cd you have to "get" Trip to the 13th by Bliss 66. They're a band from detroit and they are AWESOME

anyways, add both those groups to your collections!

jelloshotsrule
May 19, 2002, 08:55 AM
Originally posted by kishba
but my favorite has to be jimmy eat world... you guys really need to listen to them

yikes. these guys used to be good.

then they got cheesified and poppified and.... yuck. to each his own.

kishba
May 19, 2002, 09:11 AM
Originally posted by jelloshotsrule

yikes. these guys used to be good.

then they got cheesified and poppified and.... yuck. to each his own.

i agree that their newer stuff has been "poppified" but that's no reason not to continue to listen to their older stuff :)

jelloshotsrule
May 19, 2002, 09:13 AM
ehh. never got all that into their old stuff anyways. it's not nearly as good as some of the bands they used to tour with... and they're succumbing to popular music trend makes me think less of them overall, so i will not be listening to them. there's just too much better music out there in my tastes.

kishba
May 19, 2002, 09:44 AM
ehh. never got all that into their old stuff anyways. it's not nearly as good as some of the bands they used to tour with... and they're succumbing to popular music trend makes me think less of them overall, so i will not be listening to them. there's just too much better music out there in my tastes.

ah... i understand... i listen to them with a bunch of other emo & sadcore artists so it doesn't matter much to me what they succumb to

my friend is a big punk music fan and says emo is just a "happy" punk... you listen to any emo?

krossfyter
May 19, 2002, 12:08 PM

glassjaw, interesting.

are you into any other punk/hardcore bands?

i like the singer's voice a lot but i don't really like his lyrics... just a little too negative. ahh well

your right!!! the singer can sing man. i really dig his voice thats why i can bear with his negative lyrics and such. i hope the lyrics are different in the new album. if he keeps on yelling like he does though...he will not have such a beautiful voice anymore so he best chill the hell out with that yelling crap and let some other band member do it...in my opinion.

im not much into punk music....some hardcore bands i can stand only because they are doing "avant garde" things with thier music. perhaps. aye.

krossfyter
May 19, 2002, 12:09 PM

Man you've got some tunes going down there..... ;) :D

And some stuff I've never heard of...... so I'm gonna check out a couple of those later when I get back!! :)

I need new music..... :D

cool man! which ones have you not heard of?

iGav
May 20, 2002, 03:29 AM

cool man! which ones have you not heard of?

moke, sevendust, econoline crush, vallejo, pod, project 86, stavesacre (an amazing band), glassjaw.......

Although Vallejo sound familiar........ I'm one of these people that are continuously on the look out for new sounds...... I figured that you named bands I already love, so figure that the rest of the bands are probably on my wavelength too!! Haven't had time to check them out yet...... will do sometime today......!!

You heard stuff by Swervedriver and Curve?? both would probably fit quiet nicely in you collection......
:D

krossfyter
May 20, 2002, 03:53 AM
cool. i have heard of swervedriver but havent heard them i dont think. curve is not one i reconginze. thanks for giving some bands to go check out.

mac15
May 20, 2002, 06:20 AM
does anybody have the new eminem show
or isn't it out yet....cause I'm dying to get it.....I think it comes out on june 4 in australia
but in american, europe it usually comes out earlier

eyelikeart
May 20, 2002, 08:45 AM
Garbage, Better Then Ezra, Depeche Mode, Madonna, Paul Oakenfold, BT, Frank Sinatra, John Coltrane, Duke Ellington, Sarah McLachlan, POE, Dave Matthews Band, New Order, INXS...

let me think of some more...

jelloshotsrule
May 20, 2002, 09:35 AM
You heard stuff by Swervedriver and Curve?? both would probably fit quiet nicely in you collection......
:D

my brothers are into swervedriver a bit. i never really listened to them too much myself. the singer's voice is really subdued and i like to hear what the guy's saying... are they from the uk?

jelloshotsrule
May 20, 2002, 09:38 AM
Originally posted by kishba
ah... i understand... i listen to them with a bunch of other emo & sadcore artists so it doesn't matter much to me what they succumb to

my friend is a big punk music fan and says emo is just a "happy" punk... you listen to any emo?

some. i mean, i used to like saves the day and the get up kids.... saves the day was more hardcore with the first album, then a little poppier, then a lot poppier... both of them have left me very unimpressed with their recent stuff. i went to a get up kids show and was utterly bored. not to mention being sickened by the many many 15 year old mall girls there. oh well.

there's much better more original sounding emo out there... even glassjaw. though it's not "happy".

and actually, emo isn't usually happy. happy sounding sometimes, but usually whining about girls and stuff. i've had a girlfriend for about 2 years so whining about girls has gotten a bit old for me... haha :p

jelloshotsrule
May 20, 2002, 09:41 AM
your right!!! the singer can sing man. i really dig his voice thats why i can bear with his negative lyrics and such. i hope the lyrics are different in the new album. if he keeps on yelling like he does though...he will not have such a beautiful voice anymore so he best chill the hell out with that yelling crap and let some other band member do it...in my opinion.

im not much into punk music....some hardcore bands i can stand only because they are doing "avant garde" things with thier music. perhaps. aye.

well since this is the music thread... some punk/hardcore bands that i think are pretty good... boy sets fire (hardcoreish, but not really), shelter, farside, bane, sense field (not really punk anymore, but still great... more like indie rock i guess), thursday.

there are probably others but i forget. thing i remember most bout the glassjaw show was him talking about his ex, in a song, and saying "she'll be sucking d*ick in your town..."

that turned me off. great voice though.

kishba, check out thursday/sense field... both get some radio play these days. sensefield.com and fullcollapse.com

eyelikeart
May 20, 2002, 09:57 AM
so am I one of the only people around who is almost completely turned off to "new rock?"

so much of the stuff that MTV builds up is so whiney...ugh... :o

jelloshotsrule
May 20, 2002, 10:01 AM
so am I one of the only people around who is almost completely turned off to "new rock?"

so much of the stuff that MTV builds up is so whiney...ugh... :o

where are you getting that you're the only one?

i hate mtv. it's the ****ing most evil thing ever. recently i've seen MAYBE 2 good bands get videos on it... but that's pushing it. (other than stuff like u2, live, etc...)

the new rock you hear on mtv is nothing like the good "new rock". trust me.

eyelikeart
May 20, 2002, 10:11 AM

where are you getting that you're the only one?

i hate mtv. it's the ****ing most evil thing ever. recently i've seen MAYBE 2 good bands get videos on it... but that's pushing it. (other than stuff like u2, live, etc...)

the new rock you hear on mtv is nothing like the good "new rock". trust me.

ha ha ha....well I didn't have time to read through the entire thread to decypher that I'm not the only one...

no worries...

as for MTV...what the hell is it about these days?! commercialism...blah!!! :o

I can think of 1000 things I'd rather do then to sit back and see some cheesy rockstar's house...or see an hour long special on how Kid Rock became a star...

(btw...I have no clue if they actually did a biography of Kid Rock...I'm just using it as a point of reference as to the cr@p they air)

jelloshotsrule
May 20, 2002, 10:16 AM
ha ha ha....well I didn't have time to read through the entire thread to decypher that I'm not the only one...

as for MTV...what the hell is it about these days?! commercialism...blah!!! :o

I can think of 1000 things I'd rather do then to sit back and see some cheesy rockstar's house...or see an hour long special on how Kid Rock became a star...

you? didn't have time on macrumors? my ass.

mtv=satan. sex sells though, so they do it. i hate them. but, carson daly IS a hottie!

kid rock=satan as well. the thought of him makes me ill. i must get a vomit ba....

eyelikeart
May 20, 2002, 10:30 AM

you? didn't have time on macrumors? my ass.

mtv=satan. sex sells though, so they do it. i hate them. but, carson daly IS a hottie!

kid rock=satan as well. the thought of him makes me ill. i must get a vomit ba....

ha ha ha!!!! :D

it's so sad...I'm really glad I'm not a teenager these days...

but of course...I'm sure I'd feel different if I were... :rolleyes:

jelloshotsrule
May 20, 2002, 10:34 AM
ha ha ha!!!! :D

it's so sad...I'm really glad I'm not a teenager these days...

but of course...I'm sure I'd feel different if I were... :rolleyes:

i had great role models. my older bros never let me get sucked into the whole pop music ****.

and they influenced me with good music, so i've been on the right track...

i'm not a teenager either!!! haha

eyelikeart
May 20, 2002, 11:23 AM
when I was a teen...the hairbands were closing in on their demise...

so that wasn't much better...he he he ;)

jelloshotsrule
May 20, 2002, 11:26 AM
headbands and wristbands rule!

hair bands though... hmmmmm but at least you made it through! haha

3rdpath
May 20, 2002, 01:34 PM
headbands and wristbands rule!

hey don't forget bandanas...around the arm, leg, head, mic stand...oh its all
sooooo molly ringwald:D

iGav
May 21, 2002, 04:45 AM
when I was a teen...the hairbands were closing in on their demise...

so that wasn't much better...he he he ;)

You guys got way with it lightly... in the UK we had a luminous sock stage, basically wear luminous green, yellow, blue, pink socks, but they had to be odd.... so like a pink on one leg, and a yellow on the other...... the best combo was either luminous green and yellow or blue and pink...... :p

My whole design principles and colour theory are based on this moment in my life of fashion mistakes....... :p

I also used to wear bandanas as well in the early 90's....... I'm sure I thought I was cool at the time!!! :p

I also had a Miami Vice stage, you know?? white slip on shoes, and clothes in pastel shades......... :p

Okay that's enough for now....... anyone else recall any other horriffic but we thought we were cool phases????

Do please tell!!! :D

britboy
May 21, 2002, 05:17 AM
Sometimes i'm really glad that i spent the 80's in the middle east, immune from all the fashion trends in the UK and US. I think the closest i came to any of it was wearing a yellow band on my arm, because i thought it looked cool (then one of my brothers informed me that it was a gay symbol, and i soon removed it!).

iGav~ horrific 'i don't like hair-dressers' styles from the 80's. You ever watch footage of wimbledon from around that time? It's laughable!

iGav
May 21, 2002, 05:33 AM
iGav~ horrific 'i don't like hair-dressers' styles from the 80's. You ever watch footage of wimbledon from around that time? It's laughable!

I know........ it was the whole Howards Way thing.... mind you Agassi didn't look much better in the early 90's...... truely horrible...... :p

Actually neither did Vanilla Ice, I also had a similar hairdo, you know the tramlines thing....... :rolleyes: Oh my God I must have looked like a prize.... :p

Anwhow... I think I've embarrassed myself enough.... and work needs to be done....

"Drop da zero and get wid' da hero!!"

Vanilla Ice..... Cool As Ice......

britboy
May 21, 2002, 05:50 AM
[B]
Actually neither did Vanilla Ice, I also had a similar hairdo, you know the tramlines thing.......

and you're actually admitting it? :eek: You don't by any chance have any photos of that, do you?

iGav
May 21, 2002, 06:03 AM
Originally posted by britboy

and you're actually admitting it? :eek: You don't by any chance have any photos of that, do you?

Heh heh.... the photos are locked up in a vault, along with my day glo socks, white slip ons and pastel cotton suits.... never to see the light of day again..... :D

eyelikeart
May 21, 2002, 07:14 AM
Originally posted by 3rdpath

hey don't forget bandanas...around the arm, leg, head, mic stand...oh its all
sooooo molly ringwald:D

no worries....I won't forget...

my boss plays drums for the premier 80's cover band in New Orleans...

actually called "The Molly Ringwalds"...

it's been a re-education of the songs I forgot about...he he he :D

Judo
May 21, 2002, 08:00 AM
Hmmm no one seems to be posting ther music list any more

Here's mine anyway

Jurasic 5, Miles Davis, Deltron 3030, Jimi Hendrix, The Doors, Metallica, Slayer, Gershwin, Massive Attack, Tribe called quest, Aphrodite, Kosheen, Ian Pooley, Radio Head, Gorillaz, Dj Krush, Thievery corporation, Oliver Nelson, John Coltrane, Dj Marky, Alice in chains, Cat stevens, Red Hot Chilli Pepers, TOOL, Pink floyd, Led zepplin, BLACK SABBATH, Nirvana, Blind Melon, NIN, Marvin Gaye, Roni Size, Basement Jaxx...............................

I should probably stop now, but heres a list of New Zealand music I would recomend anyone check out

King Kapisi- NZ hip hop, Big Samoan dude with heaps of soul.

Concord Dawn- Nice,dark drum and bass.

Salmonella Dub- The best electronic dub around.

Che Fu- Kinda like King Kapisi but different.

Nathan Haines- Cool jazz

Pitch Black- Dark electronic dub music

Mark de Clive-Lowe- Funky Jazz

The Black Seeds- Live Dub reggae

Shihad- Kiwi Rock at its best (who have just changed their name to pacifier)

Head Like a Hole (aka HLAH)- Another kiwi rock band who do the best cover of Bruce Springsteens song Fire.

You could probably find most of these artists songs on Audio Galaxy, and if you want anymore info on any of these bands you can email me and I can point you in the right direction
jude_lawrence@excite.com

jelloshotsrule
May 21, 2002, 09:15 AM

Okay that's enough for now....... anyone else recall any other horriffic but we thought we were cool phases????

Do please tell!!! :D

well i had my "just went to hawaii, let's wear bright colored gecko covered clothes, especially 'jams'" phase.... see photo. ha

eyelikeart
May 21, 2002, 09:45 AM

well i had my "just went to hawaii, let's wear bright colored gecko covered clothes, especially 'jams'" phase.... see photo. ha

wow!

which one are u??

jelloshotsrule
May 21, 2002, 09:53 AM

wow!

which one are u??

well. if i say left. then i got the hot pink going for me... if i say right, i got that freaking weird face that's being made going for me..

left. left. left. right. left.

right.

Amadeus
May 21, 2002, 10:01 AM
Forgive me if I missed them, but I don't think I saw anyone mention 2 of my favorite artists/groups:

Tom Waits and Medeski Martin & Wood

Anyone? MMW might be a little out of reach for some -- awesome jazz dance fusion. But, surely there are a few Tom Waits fans out there -- gotta love those beatniks.

--
Amadeus

eyelikeart
May 21, 2002, 10:08 AM

well. if i say left. then i got the hot pink going for me... if i say right, i got that freaking weird face that's being made going for me..

left. left. left. right. left.

right.

yeah but u also have the time period on your side...I did it too...

hot pink....neon green....yellow...it was all the same... ;)

now I'm willing to bet u would go back to that time & change a few things...he he he :D :p ;)

jelloshotsrule
May 21, 2002, 10:32 AM
no way... see the pic again,

i was tearing it up!!!!

i want to get married wearing a neon green tux and the other guys in neon orange. been my plan since like 7th grade...

eyelikeart
May 21, 2002, 11:09 AM
i want to get married wearing a neon green tux and the other guys in neon orange. been my plan since like 7th grade...

kind of...Dumb & Dumber-ish...he he he...

so what are u going to call the worm store?! :D

jelloshotsrule
May 21, 2002, 11:17 AM
kind of...Dumb & Dumber-ish...he he he...

so what are u going to call the worm store?! :D

haha. kinda. i justneed to talk my girlfriend into it....

the worm store... i'm confused. fill me in confusion man. it's the whole posting without thinking again... ha

iGav
May 21, 2002, 11:18 AM

And bum bag phase...... Nice one...... :p

eyelikeart
May 21, 2002, 11:29 AM
the worm store... i'm confused. fill me in confusion man. it's the whole posting without thinking again... ha

in Dumb & Dumber they wanted to open up a worm store....they were going to call it "We Got Worms"...

ringing a bell yet??? :D

jelloshotsrule
May 21, 2002, 11:48 AM

in Dumb & Dumber they wanted to open up a worm store....they were going to call it "We Got Worms"...

ringing a bell yet??? :D

no, not per se, but i trust you.

i'll just flip on tbs and i'm sure it'll be on within a few hours... haha

Mr. Anderson
May 21, 2002, 12:02 PM

Ha, nice shot there jello, also nice little hip bags or whatever they're called. I never got one, didn't like them. Occasionally I see someone wearing one even today. Fashion, got to love it.

And today everything seems to be going retro, but an decade or retro fashion seems to be cool, I can't stand Old Navy, eww.

jelloshotsrule
May 21, 2002, 12:19 PM
Originally posted by dukestreet

Ha, nice shot there jello, also nice little hip bags or whatever they're called. I never got one, didn't like them. Occasionally I see someone wearing one even today. Fashion, got to love it.

And today everything seems to be going retro, but an decade or retro fashion seems to be cool, I can't stand Old Navy, eww.

haha. fanny packs!!!! gotta love that indeed. not by choice, my mom put em on us! haha.

i hate old navy. some of their normal clothes are decent. but the company itself... sweatshops!

crazibyte
May 21, 2002, 11:34 PM
weezer rules!!!

Super-Girl
May 21, 2002, 11:35 PM
And the drummer is hot!

Gee whiz, good to know there are some other =W= fans on this board. Punk rawk!

Super-Girl
May 21, 2002, 11:36 PM
They censored ****! You ****s! ::spits on censoring::

Mr. Anderson
May 21, 2002, 11:36 PM
Originally posted by crazibyte
weezer rules!!!

Were you trying to post to the Music/favorite song thread and hit the wrong button?

I'm thinking that might be the case.:D

Super-Girl
May 21, 2002, 11:37 PM
Weezer deserves their own thread and you know it.

jelloshotsrule
May 21, 2002, 11:42 PM
Originally posted by Super-Girl
Weezer deserves their own thread and you know it.

that's one theory. time to go start a new thread for every band i like. yes...:rolleyes:

krossfyter
May 21, 2002, 11:59 PM
weezer s cool. i like many others prefer thier first album. however i havent heard the new one that just came out. someone told me "they are off doing thier own thing" ...i guess they are expierementing or have found thier niche? ???? i dont know.

me hate windows
May 22, 2002, 12:02 AM
what is your favorite weezer song?
Mine is probably Uptown Girl, Photograph, or Hash Pipe

krossfyter
May 22, 2002, 12:07 AM
im more of a Rage Against The Machine and U2 jam head. I like art and politics with my rock. but you didnt ask me so go grab a cookie and forget i ever said anything!

eyelikeart
May 22, 2002, 12:14 AM
I think Weezer is an awesome "fun" band...he he he... :D

but duke's right...this does belong in the Favorite Song thread...;)

britboy
May 22, 2002, 07:06 AM

haha. fanny packs!!!! gotta love that indeed. not by choice, my mom put em on us! haha.

he he he. This one always cracks me up! In the UK, 'Fanny' isn't the same as what it is in the US. It's round the other side, on women only.... :D :D

My favourite music group has to be Enigma. Robert Miles does some really good lyric-less music (similar to Jean-Michele Jarre).

jelloshotsrule
May 22, 2002, 10:50 AM
im more of a Rage Against The Machine and U2 jam head. I like art and politics with my rock. but you didnt ask me so go grab a cookie and forget i ever said anything!

ever heard boy sets fire? very political.

jelloshotsrule
May 22, 2002, 10:51 AM

he he he. This one always cracks me up! In the UK, 'Fanny' isn't the same as what it is in the US. It's round the other side, on women only.... :D :D

all the more reason to not want to wear those things! my mom was trying to tell us we were girls.... ahhh!

she'd have probably known fanny in the uk sense cause they lived in england for a while... oh man. what torture. ha

iGav
May 22, 2002, 11:27 AM

My favourite music group has to be Enigma. Robert Miles does some really good lyric-less music (similar to Jean-Michele Jarre).

Heh heh...... you beat me to it.......'fanny bags' truely superb..... :p :p :p
I found the whole fanny thing out when I was in the states last year, must say it was quiet an embarrassing moment..... heh heh... but I ain't telling!!

I've got Banco da Gaia playing at the mo, they're so good....... so they're added to my fav sounds list!!