Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

t1m0

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 12, 2008
what do you think are the best apps?

first of all in general – second: there are many apps that are similar, e.g. racing games, translation apps, task/reminder apps, etc. - which one is in case the one to go for?

my experiences so far:

remote is the top app - cool and how it has to be, was waiting for this.

else focused pretty much on games:

crash bandicoot nitro kart 3d is better than cro-mag rally
bubble bash is as good as it always was in all in its variations
critter crunch is fun and worth the money
aqua forest is nice to play around every now and then
bomberman is good, but it really rocks in multiplayer mode - which this version lacks (shouldn't it be possible to make "online" games somehow...?!)

in particular wondering which mahjong is the one to go for.

as well, which of all the solitaire, poker, black jack, sudoku, pinball, etc apps is the best of the genre...?

*GG*

macrumors regular
Nov 28, 2005
Scotland
I read on here that Aurora Feint was really good. I didn't think I'd like it, but as it is Free, I decided to give it ago due to the praise. I have to say I love it. It shall definitely be staying. It is very addictive, and not too difficult to get into.

Crash Bandicoot is good fun and I will be returning to it, but Super Monkey Ball I have found too difficult.

Another free one I'd mention as a time passer is Jirbo Break - simple and fun.

Aside from games, there is obviously Remote - the absolute must have - and also CheckPlease - another free app - which solves my problem of working out the tip.

macfan881

macrumors 68020
Feb 22, 2006
Aol Radio great app i listen to the wfan when i was in NJ and had been doign streaming audio over my computer every now and then but with this app i can listen to that or some other Station right through my Ihome i love it.

Remote app is great too i love the fact that you can bring up anything you have in your itunes library through your ipod now do this with other apps and that be sweet.

Myspace pretty nice to have all your myspace stuff in one location im sure this is even better with the iphone being that you can upload your pics from your phone to myspace.

MLb at bat Great app love how they do the video highlits gives you a good reacap of the game with good vid quailty hope next year they add mlbtv suport.

Weather bug i think the best weather app on the store now.

and my other fav app monkeyball best ipod game out

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.