PDA

View Full Version : Will not let me login online!!!!! WTF!

jlevsae
Jul 12, 2008, 08:57 PM
i signed up for the free trial...

i entered in all the info on the mobileme preference pane on my macbookpro

i entered in the info on my iphone

both devices verified and logged on to mobile me

but when i try to go to me.com and login it keeps saying

"invalid username or password"

and its the same username and password i have logged in on the iphone and macbookpro

nothing is different (ie caps lock etc) I have been trying for two days now! any help??

khosna
Jul 12, 2008, 08:59 PM
I am getting the exact same thing.

zsears
Jul 12, 2008, 09:05 PM
I was getting the same thing with the logon working on my computer but not online. So I told it I forgot my password, and then I changed it. That seemed to fix the problem.

jlevsae
Jul 12, 2008, 09:15 PM
Ok Here Is How You Fix It...

If You Sign Up For A Trial Account, Apple Automatically Makes Your @me.com Account Your Itunes Account...

So Your Me.com And Itunes Account Now Have The Same Password, Which Is Not Allowed Apparently...

You Must Hit Forgot Password...enter Your @me.com Mail Address As Your Itunes Account...and Then Just Answer The Question To Make A New Password And Make A New Password That Is Different Than The "itunes" Account

jennyp
Jul 12, 2008, 10:37 PM
Ok Here Is How You Fix It...

If You Sign Up For A Trial Account, Apple Automatically Makes Your @me.com Account Your Itunes Account...

So Your Me.com And Itunes Account Now Have The Same Password, Which Is Not Allowed Apparently...

You Must Hit Forgot Password...enter Your @me.com Mail Address As Your Itunes Account...and Then Just Answer The Question To Make A New Password And Make A New Password That Is Different Than The "itunes" Account

Hey thanks - that was the solution. I was using the same password as my iTunes account, and that was the cause of my not being able to log in to me.com. Changed it, and now everything works. Thank you! :)