PDA

View Full Version : Want to play your iPod in your car?

atomheartmother
Jul 12, 2008, 11:25 PM
You can enter your car model at the following website and it'll tell your your options:

www.crutchfield.com

If you're one of those folks who can't do an integrated iPod system or don't have a CD changer jack or AUX in jack (as was the case with me), I can wholeheartedly recommend an FM modulator. I got the Schoshe one from Crutchfield, and it has exceeded my expectations. Don't even bother with a crappy FM transmitter; they're all terrible regardless of price.

But if you've got maybe an hour and can follow clear instructions, the FM modulator at a mere $30 is pretty darn easy to install and will give you WAY better performance and sound quality than an FM transmitter (for probably much less).

The sound quality is not quite CD quality; you'll lose some bass and presence. However, you can always compensate for that with the EQ of the iPod or stereo. Plus, you'll never have to worry about interference or anything like that.

I just can't get over how fantastic everything sounds. I highly recommend this FM modulator.

http://www.crutchfield.com/App/Product/Item/Main.aspx?search=fm+modulator&i=142FMMOD01