PDA

View Full Version : Beej.postCount = 1000; Beej.avatar = new();

Beej
May 17, 2002, 02:54 AM
Well I'd like to invite everyone to do the Funky Chicken with me. I'm finally here. 1000. To think... the number of useful things I could have done rather than posting here...

For the big occasion, I would also like you all to meet my new 'tar:

Hardcore Horn.

Yes yes, I know, the sax is not actually a horn, it's from the woodwind family, and has a bell. But most people probably won't even realise, and it looks so much cooler than any horn instrument.

On this special occasion, I'd also like to challenge The Great Dukestreet, Creator of O So Many Avatars: I challenge you to come up with the next 'tar in my series! No half-assed rhyming, no peoples names, no obscure references to things people won't understand. Do you accept?

And finally, I'd like to thank everyone here for making this place so great and my time here so enjoyable, especially Arn for doing such a good job running things. *crying* I love you guys!

Ensign Paris
May 17, 2002, 04:06 AM
Welcome to the 1000 club :)

Like the new 'Tar, I am thinking of playing with mine later, I am not sure what I will do but I will improve it some how :)

Ensign

Mr. Anderson
May 17, 2002, 07:00 AM
The gauntlet has been trown down.....

Sure up to the challenge, what were you thinking of doing? Its going to be hard to out do B2TM, though, but its possible.

I like the new 'tar, played tenor sax in high school.

eyelikeart
May 17, 2002, 08:53 AM
welcome Beej!!!

I'm standing in front of my computer partaking in the chicken dance to celebrate!! :eek: :D :p :) :cool:

Ensign Paris
May 17, 2002, 08:59 AM
Originally posted by eyelikeart
welcome Beej!!!

I'm standing in front of my computer partaking in the chicken dance to celebrate!! :eek: :D :p :) :cool:

oh god, your amount of posts have been weighing on your head and you have gone insane. :confused: :cool: :eek:

Ensign

eyelikeart
May 17, 2002, 09:01 AM
Originally posted by Ensign Paris

oh god, your amount of posts have been weighing on your head and you have gone insane. :confused: :cool: :eek:

Ensign

nnnoooo....it's the new car smell man...it's all gone to my head so soon....he he he :D :eek: ;)

and Beej...nice choice on the sax... ;)

Backtothemac
May 17, 2002, 09:03 AM
Congrats on the 1000!!!! I can't wait to get there. I personally like the sax, and actually, yes I think the sax is a horn. Anyway, dig the new tar.

Mr. Anderson
May 17, 2002, 09:04 AM
Originally posted by Backtothemac
Congrats on the 1000!!!! I can't wait to get there. I personally like the sax, and actually, yes I think the sax is a horn. Anyway, dig the new tar.

I'm going to have an update for your tar, B2TM. I've smoothed out some of the rougher spots, I'll email it to you later when I get home.

D

eyelikeart
May 17, 2002, 09:05 AM

I'd be willing to bet most people would think the sax is a horn unless they actually studied music at some point or are a musician themselves...

Macmaniac
May 17, 2002, 09:21 AM
Good job Beej! I can't wait to join the 500 club and get my tar. I'm on my way.

eyelikeart
May 17, 2002, 09:26 AM
Originally posted by Macmaniac
Good job Beej! I can't wait to join the 500 club and get my tar. I'm on my way.

useless post/knowledge..

u & I registered within a few days of each other...

ok...that's it...no point...just thought I'd point it out since I saw January 2001... ;)

Beej
May 17, 2002, 06:32 PM
Hey Duke, I'm not sure you fully understood what the challenge is. You have to come up with a new one in the hardcore series... so it has to rhyme with all the others; prawn, corn, fawn, dawn, horn etc...

Mr. Anderson
May 17, 2002, 06:35 PM
So, you want me to just do it and surprise you? No problem, given what you've put up so far, nothing could be that shocking. Although rhyming words are running out. I'll see what I can do -

Hardcore born is not going to happen....:D

I just had a brain storm, it will be hysterical, I'll surprise you, you can bet on that. Look for a new thread next week, it might take a bit of time to get the correct images.

D

Beej
May 17, 2002, 06:41 PM
LOL sweet, I can't wait! :D

But we have to intro it together, I don't want others having the pleasure of seeing my new 'tar before I do! E it to me when you're done and we can organise its grand introduction then. :D

Mr. Anderson
May 17, 2002, 06:44 PM
Originally posted by Beej
LOL sweet, I can't wait! :D

But we have to intro it together, I don't want others having the pleasure of seeing my new 'tar before I do! E it to me when you're done and we can organise its grand introduction then. :D

Not a problem, I'll put it on my website and send you the link. That way you can preview it before we make it available for public viewing and possibly ask for a mod or too if you think it needs it. It will be 100x100, like B2TM's, and I'll reduce it for you to 'tar size.

Beej
May 17, 2002, 07:01 PM
Good man. Thanks.

jefhatfield
May 17, 2002, 10:05 PM
congrats, you are a 65812 or something like that if you were just a mere mortal like me, but you are already a demigod, and you get to keep that title for life which is cool

i will join you demi-gods one day i suppose since i have been here 22 1/2 months...he he

and another avatar by dukestreet here would be so cool

...these avatars can become a part of his artist's portfolio and i am sure we can all be resume references for him

eyelikeart
May 17, 2002, 10:15 PM
Originally posted by jefhatfield
and another avatar by dukestreet here would be so cool

...these avatars can become a part of his artist's portfolio and i am sure we can all be resume references for him

exactly jef...

I talked duke into working on one for me now...he he he...

it's gonna be so cool! :D :p

Beej
May 17, 2002, 10:22 PM
Originally posted by jefhatfield
i will join you demi-gods one day i suppose since i have been here 22 1/2 months...he heLazy bum! Come join us now (you know you want to)... don't you wonder what happens in the secret contributors forums?

eyelikeart
May 17, 2002, 10:31 PM
Lazy bum! Come join us now (you know you want to)... don't you wonder what happens in the secret contributors forums?

yeah man...the pie fights take place in the community forums...

just think of the fun we have in the private forum....he he he..

ok...maybe not that much fun...but it's interesting sometimes... ;)

Mr. Anderson
May 17, 2002, 10:38 PM
Yes jef, cough up the money for membership, or Guido and Rocky will be paying you a visit.

You've been around longer than anyone else, at least set a good example for all the youngins!!:D

eyelikeart
May 17, 2002, 10:40 PM
the next thing u know....someone's going to start a "Come On Jef & Join Us" campaign...

any takers?? :D

Mr. Anderson
May 17, 2002, 10:42 PM
We should post a thread, a petition to get you to sign up. You'd have to cave under the pressure.....

eyelikeart
May 17, 2002, 10:46 PM
Originally posted by dukestreet
We should post a thread, a petition to get you to sign up. You'd have to cave under the pressure.....

I say let's do it!!

Save jefhatfield!!! :D

Backtothemac
May 17, 2002, 11:51 PM
I have only been registered since January. Actually I register back in 01, and forgot my name and password :D I was working for an evil company then, and never had time to breath. Now as an IT consultant, time is on my side :cool:

I need to payup the 35$ also. :rolleyes:

rainman::|:|
May 18, 2002, 01:18 AM
I need to payup the 35$ also. :rolleyes:

Ah, so you're one of those "pay me $5 to surf" people... hehe... i'd actually go for the $130 option, that was i'm getting paid $100 to surf! woohoo!!! it's better than Nitroclicks...

i shall be donating soon, not sure if i want the mug or not... i manage to break every coffee mug i have within a day... but i *do* have a small animal, so maybe she could live in it??

hehe
:)
pnw

Beej
May 18, 2002, 02:20 AM
Originally posted by paulwhannel
i shall be donating soon, not sure if i want the mug or not... i manage to break every coffee mug i have within a day... but i *do* have a small animal, so maybe she could live in it??
No comment on the last bit. :D

But I will comment on the first bit: whaddaya men, soon? Do you mean when you get of your lazy ass and do it, or when you have $30 to spare? :p

mac15
May 18, 2002, 05:41 AM
Woah I stop coming here for 2 days and bam beej has 1029
I am so close.......I will make 1 thousnad by sunday

jefhatfield
May 18, 2002, 10:20 AM
that will call for another reason to have a chicken dance and that will be eleven at 1,000

btw, cool avatar

jef

jefhatfield
May 18, 2002, 10:50 AM
Lazy bum! Come join us now (you know you want to)... don't you wonder what happens in the secret contributors forums?

i is a network techie/admin/engineer/consultant/hack/slave so i can hack into it any time i want...he he:p :D :cool: :)

php? server connected to da internet? he he he ha ha

no, but i wouldn't...seriously

Ensign Paris
May 18, 2002, 11:06 AM
I really should buy a mug, but I don't want my member status to change (I like it :))

I will fork the money out as soon as I have some cash :)

Ensign

Beej
May 18, 2002, 06:59 PM
Originally posted by Ensign Paris
I really should buy a mug, but I don't want my member status to change (I like it :))

I will fork the money out as soon as I have some cash :)

Ensign I'm sure you could convince Arn to leave your member status alone, if you asked nicely!

mac15
May 18, 2002, 10:37 PM
I was going to buy something from mac-rumors...but I had run out of cash
I was trying to get my bike all better.....next time I get some cash I will buy something