PDA

View Full Version : Recording sounds on a Mac using INPUT on sound card

Rezet
Dec 18, 2003, 11:24 PM
Hey I'm trying to record some music using input port on a G5 soundcard.
I'm not sure how to do this. It seems like if I go to Sound Options > Input, it shows that the signal get there. But it doesnt play in the speakers and it seems I can't open INLINE recording in QT pro or itunes.
What should I do for it to play though the speakers and being able to record it?
Do i need some special programs to download?

crazzyeddie
Dec 18, 2003, 11:34 PM
Playing the sound through the speakers won't help you record... but this can be done through the MIDI Setup app found in /Applications/Utilities/Audio MIDI Setup. You want the lower left pane with the input and pass thru setting.

To record audio from the line-in, check on VersionTracker (www.versiontracker.com) and search for audio recording, or something similar.

Rezet
Dec 18, 2003, 11:42 PM
Originally posted by crazzyeddie
Playing the sound through the speakers won't help you record... but this can be done through the MIDI Setup app found in /Applications/Utilities/Audio MIDI Setup. You want the lower left pane with the input and pass thru setting.

To record audio from the line-in, check on VersionTracker (www.versiontracker.com) and search for audio recording, or something similar.

Playing thru speakers would help because Wiretap would pick it up.

Umm nope cant do this in midi setup.. pass thru etc is not available