Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

onescoop

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 3, 2008
I've had a look round but got no answers: has anyone got the Shure MPA and does it work with the 3G iPhone with the flush headphone port?

I'm assuming it should and they haven't snuck a new version out under the same name.

tjespo22

macrumors 6502a
Jun 27, 2007
Staten Island NY
it should still work, the only difference is it would be thin where it plugs in, if its flush or not it doesent matter its still the same size jack

espo

audibird

macrumors newbie
Jul 10, 2008
How do you wear it? I have Shure E4C's and when connected to the MPA I have an awful lot of wire to deal with, plus the E4C connecter is at right angles to the MPA socket...its just confusing me how to best wear this combination...

The newer Shure headphones have a connector where the cords from each earphone meet, if that makes sense. From there, they attach to a cable which can be swapped out which plugs into your device. With the SE series, you just swap out the bottom cord for an MPA.

I had E2Cs (I think) and switched to the SE210s just to deal with the long cord situation, but had someone who wanted my old earphones.

For you, I'm sure Shure would love to take $400 off your hands on some new SE420s...

aphexii

macrumors 6502
Feb 22, 2006
The newer Shure headphones have a connector where the cords from each earphone meet, if that makes sense. From there, they attach to a cable which can be swapped out which plugs into your device. With the SE series, you just swap out the bottom cord for an MPA.

I had E2Cs (I think) and switched to the SE210s just to deal with the long cord situation, but had someone who wanted my old earphones.

For you, I'm sure Shure would love to take $400 off your hands on some new SE420s...

Beat me to it. Many other higher end manufacturers are going the same route as well (small detachable cable), such as Q-Jays.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.