Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iJeremy

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 14, 2007
San Clemente, California
Using the new MobileMe web interface to upload documents and files to my iDisk I have noticed that certain files I want to upload are greyed out and not selectable for upload. They seem to include preview documents and Pages documents. Anyone else notice this?

Paulimac24

macrumors member
Nov 6, 2007
Same here. I reported it to apple, waiting for reply. I'm guessing it only allows 3 letters for prefix ie .rtf
Pages files are .pages.
Just my guess. Works fine from finder though.

tjcampbell

macrumors 6502a
Aug 14, 2006
Vancouver
Same here. I was helping out a friend and showing them how to back stuff up easily through their new me account, but of course it wouldn't back up their pages. I was a little red faced.

iJeremy

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 14, 2007
San Clemente, California
Yes, worked for me through finder also. But it was slow. I'd love to find a good sync utility that will back up my documents folder on my mac to the documents folder on my iDisk and then synchronize changes between the two. I don't like the Backup software that comes free with the subscription because it uses versioning which quickly fills up your iDisk. I'm trying out Transmit for this purpose right now, though it's more a FTP client than backup/sync software. Maybe I should try Synchronize Pro, though the interface looks kind of dated. Any other suggestions?

lbalon

macrumors newbie
Jul 14, 2008
how to upload iwork files to mobile me.

I've been in contact with mobileme support and they told me that in order to upload Pages files to mobileme, you have to export the file and create it as a "Plain Text" file and then you'll be able to upload the iworks files. I tried it with a Pages document and it worked. This is the link that tells how to export the files.

http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?path=Pages/3.0/en/c12pg9.html

Macsterguy

macrumors 6502a
Jun 5, 2007
Texas
Here is a workaround...

On a Mac, Compress the file first (right click on the file, then choose compress). That compressed file will be saved to the location of the original. On a pc, zip the file... Now, just drag that compressed file to your iDisk in the finder and it will work. Or you can do it on-line, but no need to....

I know this is not what we want, but it does work...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.