Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

imPoddible

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 13, 2008
Hey all - I installed the 2.0 upgrade onto my touch yesterday. This went well - however some of my settings have not been restored. My music, contacts and calenders have been restored automatically so that's fine - however my Safari bookmarks have not - neither have my three email accounts I had set up. I also had to manually set up my Internet connection again.

Did these restore automatically for you guys? I'm not sure if there's something I missed or something I still need to do since the upgrade procedure did seem to back everything up.

I can set them up again manually but it'd just be a pain since I had so many bookmarks set up and organized.

Cheers!

ImPoddible

imPoddible

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 13, 2008
I guess I'm the only one who's seen this issue then!

OK - I'll just add my email accounts and all my bookmarks and stuff again manually

Cheers!

ImPoddible

brendangies

macrumors newbie
Jul 14, 2008
You aren't the only one!!

I LOST EVERYTHING!!!! Contacts, Email account, Youtube saved videos, and NOTES!! It's retarded!! Is there a way to get it back still? or is it gone? Please help!

imPoddible

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 13, 2008
I lost my notes and mail, but its not really a big deal for me.

Yes! I've just realised I've also lost my Notes too! :mad:

That's not good. I thought the setup process backed all of this stuff up and restored it again one 2.0 was in place.

:rolleyes:

imPoddible

ricartedor

macrumors member
May 12, 2008
Yeah, it did it to my dad's iPhone too.. luckily there was an old backup from two weeks ago on my computer! but there should be a warning to back up ur touch or iPhone before the update does its stuff!

Xavier

macrumors demi-god
Mar 23, 2006
Columbus
This happened to me, but thats because I did a restore. It wasn't that big of a deal because you get a checkbox to add email accounts back to the iPod through iTunes.

Getting everything back to normal was a breeze.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.