PDA

View Full Version : sync home (mac) and work (pc) calendar togethr

mekatz
Jul 13, 2008, 10:08 AM
I'm trying to get both my home (mac) and work (outlook pc) calendars to both show up on my iPhone. I have MobileMe and can get my home calendar, but how do i add my work calendar and have both appear on my iPhone? I read somewhere it was only one or the other; is that true?

cmcconkey
Jul 13, 2008, 10:32 AM
I actually have my work calendar & contacts and my home calendar & contacts on my laptop (PowerBook), work desktop (iMac), my home desktop (custom built XP machine) and my iPod Touch. All that I did was to set up my mobileme account on both machines and tell them to sync & merge. It is possible and pretty easy to get up and running. The only thing that you have to watch out for is this, there is a delay on things being sync'ed to "cloud" from your desktop computers, the same is not true with the iphone because it always has a connection to a network (cellular) and the iPod Touch is pushed as soon as you get within range of a known/trusted wireless network. Some people are complaining about the move of information from the desktops to "cloud" not being instant but it isn't a big deal when I have always on connections on all of my computers and networking equipment.

Let me know if you have any more questions about setting this up. I will be glad to help you out.

Christopher

mekatz
Jul 14, 2008, 12:54 PM
Thanks for the help. I now have my iMac all set at home and it syncs with the iPhone and i installed MM on my PC at work, but the iMac calendars show up as options on my work PC; so now i can see my home calendars on my work PC, but not sure how to get my work calendar to MM so I can see that at home and on the iPhone?

Any suggestion?

Thanks again and I have a D40 too (great camera) :-)

Michael

cmcconkey
Jul 14, 2008, 01:34 PM
Thanks for the help. I now have my iMac all set at home and it syncs with the iPhone and i installed MM on my PC at work, but the iMac calendars show up as options on my work PC; so now i can see my home calendars on my work PC, but not sure how to get my work calendar to MM so I can see that at home and on the iPhone?

Any suggestion?

Thanks again and I have a D40 too (great camera) :-)

Michael

Did you open the MobileMe Control Panel on the PC? You will have to configure it just like you did on the iMac. I haven't added anything to my calendar on my Outlook 2007 on my PC to see if it will sync up. I will log into my computer at home right now and give it a shot. I will let you know something on it in just a sec.

I absolutely love my D40, my fiance got it for me for my birthday last year. I just wish I could afford a new lens for it.

Christopher

Edit: I just logged into my home desktop, my PC, and added an event and told it to sync and got everything on my work computer (my iMac).