Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Bloodshade

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 13, 2008
Hi I was wondering if anyone has bought either the new InvisibleShield or BodyGuardz for the iPhone 3G, i have heard that the front of the BodyGuardz is better and is less noticable and when i searched for the InvisibleShield in google images the back on the iPhone 3G looks really nice! do you think i should get 2 different shields?

if anyone could post pictures that would be great!

Thank You!!!

meagain

macrumors 68030
Nov 18, 2006
BestSkinsEver seems to be used here more than BodyGuardz. Super cheap also. Same stuff as Invisible Shield. I would add that to the list to consider as well.

For ME, it's all a matter of how they're cut and how well they fit/cover. Unfortunately, there seem to be no pics/videos/reviews yet.

mustang_dvs

macrumors 6502a
Feb 9, 2003
Durham, NC
I had both the Invisible Shield and Best Skins Ever protectors for my 2.5G iPhone. Personally, I appreciate the extras included by IS (squeegee and sprayer), but the design of the BSE and it's much lower price (and better customer service) makes me lean towards them in the future.

lilwife

macrumors newbie
Jul 13, 2008
mustand how do you like your mac book. I would like to get into photo and video editing, nothing pro, just for family stuff? Is it pretty quick for that? I have heard that macs are the way to go for video

pocketdoc

macrumors 6502a
Apr 15, 2008
New to iPhone, but have use IS and BG on my other PPC phones.

In my opinion, IS is higher quality. It seems stronger and more scratch resistant. they all advertise that they are "scratch-proof", but my BGs did scratch.

It looks like, with the iPhone, that the best way to cover your device is to use the Power Protect film on the front, and IS or BG type protector on the back.

I do not recall where I saw it, but I think iLounge has a review of a Co. that apparently solved this problem and has a cover that is like this combination. It received a good review. I will see if I can find it.

I ordered the Power Support and will use the IS back.

If you have a white iPhone, I will warn you that dirt may show on the edges of the protector on the white surface. I have a white HTC Touch that I covered with an IS and it worked well, but dirt shows on the edges of the film. A bit untidy looking.

Phil A.

Moderator emeritus
Apr 2, 2006
Shropshire, UK
I got the Invisible Shield and it was absolutely terrible! It's a real pain to put on due to the curved back of the iPhone and when it is on it was far from "invisible". I've got the black phone and the shield was very, very visible on it - it stopped nearly all the shininess of the back and looked very similar to the protective film the phone shipped with!
I'm not talking about bubbles or other imperfections here (I had none of those), just the general look does not suit the 3G black iPhone IMO. The white phone may fare better though...

meagain

macrumors 68030
Nov 18, 2006
Phil - is it dry though? I know there are streaks, etc. when first put on that takes like a day to go away. I just put it on my Air and was appalled till late at night I found it to be stunningly nice.

Phil A.

Moderator emeritus
Apr 2, 2006
Shropshire, UK
Phil - is it dry though? I know there are streaks, etc. when first put on that takes like a day to go away. I just put it on my Air and was appalled till late at night I found it to be stunningly nice.

Yeah, I guess it could be that - I'm not known for my patience ;) However even if that was the issue, I didn't like the corners on it as they didn't line up perfectly and there were small gaps that were very visible. Do you have pictures of yours so I can see if it would have been worth waiting?

meagain

macrumors 68030
Nov 18, 2006
IntheAir - Yes, the black will be glossy but without the prints for the most part.
Some of these are so cheap (but mostly the same material), so it's sort of a no-brainer to try. BestSkinsEver (BSE) has them for $5.99 a pop right now. Alledgedly the same exact material but no solution (dish soap/water) or squeegie. I think they have free s/h if you buy 2 or something?

007bond4321

macrumors member
May 9, 2007
New to iPhone, but have use IS and BG on my other PPC phones.

In my opinion, IS is higher quality. It seems stronger and more scratch resistant. they all advertise that they are "scratch-proof", but my BGs did scratch.

It looks like, with the iPhone, that the best way to cover your device is to use the Power Protect film on the front, and IS or BG type protector on the back.

I do not recall where I saw it, but I think iLounge has a review of a Co. that apparently solved this problem and has a cover that is like this combination. It received a good review. I will see if I can find it.

I ordered the Power Support and will use the IS back.

If you have a white iPhone, I will warn you that dirt may show on the edges of the protector on the white surface. I have a white HTC Touch that I covered with an IS and it worked well, but dirt shows on the edges of the film. A bit untidy looking.

Combo one looks pretty good. I think I'll go with them for my 3G:
http://www.ilounge.com/index.php/reviews/entry/fullbodyfilms-protection-pack-for-iphone/

007bond4321

macrumors member
May 9, 2007
Yep 2 ps front films and 1rear IS film for $16. The said they would email me when out.

Ps/ first post from phone!

Congrats on the phone. Try mobile.macrumors.com for a great iPhone experience. Where did you go to get an email reminder?

joshysquashy

macrumors 6502a
May 13, 2005
UK
Where can you buy BodyGuardz in the UK? Also, I only want back protection, is it possible to only buy the iPhone back film?

I cancelled my order with invisible shield because this one seems much better.

The General

macrumors 601
Jul 7, 2006
I use the Zagg Invisible Shield and love it. :)

It's quite the pain to apply, but once you've done it several times on several devices, it is easy. :D

I get them for all my iPods and stuff now. Couldn't be happier.

AHammer2008

macrumors newbie
Jul 20, 2008
will someone post pics and tell me how the invisible shield or ghost armor is after a few months or so?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.