Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BD1

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 27, 2007
I have mobileme up and running. It's been working for me OK since yesterday. One annoying issue on my iphone (1st generation, updated to 2.0) is when I first go into contacts or calendar they freeze for a second or 2 before I can scroll or do anything. It's seem like they are searching the 'cloud' for any updates. Then they seem to work OK until the next time I exit and go back into them and then I get this annoying freeze for a second or 2.

If I turn off mobileme syncing on my iphone for contacts/calendars and just sync with a cable to my macbook then I don't see this freezing.

Anyone else experiencing this?
:confused:

thomahawk0

macrumors member
Jul 9, 2008
Yeah I'm seeing this also. It's worse for me when I'm at work and have little cell signal. I'm seeing it freeze for 8-10 seconds. I have MobileMe turned OFF for Contacts, but still for Mail and Calendar and am still seeing this delay with my contacts list. I'm glad that I'm not the only one experiencing this....

EDIT: I was reading elsewhere that the firmware version 5A345 had this problem before 2.0's official release. Sadly, this is what was installed on the new 3G firmware. I guess the fix is to do a restore of your iphone using itunes and it'll automatically upgrade it to firmware version 5A347 which this issue is resolved. I am at work and don't have access to my computer, but if anyone else tests this, let me know the results. I'll post tonight if it changes on my end.

MM07

macrumors 6502a
Feb 10, 2008
It happens to me as well. I also have push set up for my contacts.

dissdnt

macrumors 65816
Aug 3, 2007
I'm on a first gen iPhone running 5A347 and i see a similar problem in contacts. Lil freeze before you can scroll and a lil freeze if you click a contact. Definitely not instant like 1.4

sjb

macrumors regular
Jul 3, 2007
Same problem here as well on 1st gen iPhone. Very annoying. I am using MM to Sync contacts.

-Steve

anthonymoody

macrumors 68040
Aug 8, 2002
Yeah I'm on a 1st gen phone upped to 5A347 and have this problem. I have over 1700 contact which I'm sure doesn't help, but this is annoying.

decize

macrumors newbie
Jul 15, 2008
Iphone freezing on contact and calendar when push is on

I have the same experience as that you describe, I have the old upgraded iphone, installed MM on sunday (with mixed results, similar to many of that other posts describe) and noticed yesterday that there is now a second of hesitation from Iphone when I go into calendar or contacts
actually I have found Iphone to have become slower in all functions since the upgrade even before MM, I am quite disgusted with MM I was really looking forward to it and now this automatic push becoming every 15 min for PCs is another piece of bad news in the context of a lot of bad Apple news and experiences in the past 4 days...
Glad I sold the stock a while back!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.