PDA

View Full Version : Steve Jobs' Playlist

iChan
Dec 19, 2003, 09:32 AM
wouldn't it be cool to have SJ's playlist in the iTMS?? just a thought.

scem0
Dec 19, 2003, 03:52 PM
It would be really cool to see his music tastes.

It would be funny if he had really wierd music tastes. For example if all he had on his list were death metal bands and brittney spears. :D

scem0

g30ffr3y
Dec 19, 2003, 03:58 PM
thats my itunes list... except replace death metal with black metal and britney spears with hilary duff... add in some prog rock and goth/industrial for good measure as well... steve-o probably listens to dead head crap...

Foucault
Dec 19, 2003, 05:33 PM
Steve-o is a hippie... He's probably into Grateful Dead, Phish, The Doors, and Beach Boys...

iChan
Dec 19, 2003, 07:24 PM
well, i know he likes the beatles, but everyone lieks the beatles.

South of Heaven
Dec 29, 2003, 09:08 PM
Originally posted by Foucault
Steve-o is a hippie... He's probably into Grateful Dead, Phish, The Doors, and Beach Boys...

I don't.

And I would think Steve is a dead head too. But throw in some bad 70's arena rock too.

theipodgod16
Dec 30, 2003, 12:45 AM
Steve Job's itunes list would probably just be Bob Dylan's artist page. He is an enormous fan of Bob Dylan. He even sampled some of his music at the windows itunes demo show.

edStar
Dec 30, 2003, 08:53 AM
Yup he loves Bob Dylan and The Beatles.

Don't forget he said that Eminem was 'growing on him'. I remember reading that concerning a conversation Sheryl Crowe and Steve were having about Eminem.

I doubt Steve would put one up though. Be fun though. Maybe the woz should get a playlist too!!

//EDIT

I just thought to myself, what music does an innovator listen too!! Wouldn't that be interesting? What does Ives have on his itunes playlists??

alset
Jan 1, 2004, 12:14 AM
Hm. Why so much dislike for 70s arena rock and non-conformist tunes? These built the foundation for modern music production.

Dan

maradong
Jan 3, 2004, 02:55 PM
I see his playlist like this:

Beatles,
doors,
dylan,
bee gees,

best of all: i like all of those :)

Dont Hurt Me
Jan 3, 2004, 02:59 PM
dont forget barenaked ladies

true777
Jan 6, 2004, 06:33 AM
I think it would be mostly bob dylan, with maybe a beatles and 1-2 stones songs, and definitely Sarah McLaughlin. He'd probably throw in one electronic or otherwise contemporary tune, not cause he actually loves it, but just to come across as cool and up to speed... Moby would be my guess (maybe Black eyed peas).

Oh, almost forgot about his homeboy bro' the Dre :D

MattG
Jan 13, 2004, 05:52 AM
Originally posted by edStar

Don't forget he said that Eminem was 'growing on him'. I remember reading that concerning a conversation Sheryl Crowe and Steve were having about Eminem.
God I hope that's not true. I thought Steve had taste.

azdude
Jan 25, 2004, 01:39 PM
Here's how he answered this question in a recent interview:

Q: So what kind of music are you listening to these days?

A: I'm trying to force myself to listen to more of the current stuff. I had never listened to hip-hop and had somehow developed a pretty harsh image of it. Now I'm not saying I like all of it, but I found some people that have something to say and are saying it, more than anyone since Dylan in the 1960s. And Dylan is my all-time favorite. I met him once. It was one of the high points of my life.

The interview is found here:
http://www.businessweek.com/magazine/content/04_05/b3868008_mz001.htm

iGav
Jan 25, 2004, 02:58 PM
Originally posted by iChan

I don't... they were crap... ;)

jeremylalonde
Jan 26, 2004, 03:33 PM
Everyone does not like the Beatles... I HATE THE BEATLES!!!

Up with people, down with beatles.

esternullo
Jan 27, 2004, 08:20 AM
Originally posted by iChan

Why does it always have to be The Beatles, why not Pink Floyd?

I don't care what anyone says, Pink Floyd beats The Beatles eight days a week:-)

fiat lux
Jan 27, 2004, 12:52 PM
Yup he loves Bob Dylan and The Beatles.

I doubt Steve would put one up though. Be fun though. Maybe the woz should get a playlist too!!

I agree it would be interesting to have Jobs & Woz post their playlists. But becasue we admire someone doesn't mean we'll admire their taste in tunes.

That said, Eminem?!?! UGH.

Tequila Grandma
Jan 27, 2004, 10:47 PM
Maybe the woz should get a playlist too!!
I'd be delighted if this happened. Woz is cooler than Jobs in pretty much every respect, so I'm sure his list would be far superior to Jobs'. Just look, he's even willing to be pied and enjoy it immensely!

http://www.woz.org/images/wozpie.jpg

Wonder Boy
Jan 27, 2004, 11:09 PM
Originally posted by Dont Hurt Me
dont forget barenaked ladies

i'm trying to.

polyesterlester
Jan 28, 2004, 02:51 AM
During the '80s, Steve listened to one of his favorite Michael Jackson songs to cool his nerves. I don't know if he still does, though.

And yeah, he loves Dylan, the Beatles and Eric Clapton.

acidrock
Jan 31, 2004, 12:50 AM
Timberlake Timberlake Timberlake,

You're forgetting him, I know Jobs likes him

Project
Mar 30, 2007, 03:06 PM
Wow, he likes Hiphop? I wonder what artists.

He is now officially the coolest CEO on the planet (if he wasnt already, lol)

MacBass
Apr 8, 2007, 08:19 PM
I think he listens to the Beatles, Bob Dylan, Eric Clapton, and every single new pop song as long as its popular.

Counterfit
Apr 8, 2007, 08:31 PM
What does Ives have on his itunes playlists??

Probably not Ives.

I really hope someone gets that. I just played a nearly-all-Ives concert before spring break, and I couldn't help it.

Counterfit
Apr 8, 2007, 08:39 PM
What does Ives have on his itunes playlists??

Probably not Ives.

I really hope someone gets that. I just played a nearly-all-Ives concert before spring break, and I couldn't help it.