PDA

View Full Version : The new iBook... coming soon

rice_web
Oct 26, 2001, 06:45 PM
I'm so excited, because I know that Apple is going to be ever so successful in 2002. I was looking up a few things, and here is what I have found. First, IBM's new PowerPC only consumers 5W (who didn't already know this?), but, that new processor supports DDR memory (with its screaming 200MHz bus). DDR memory also uses less power and produces less heat. Along with the advancements in hard drives and maybe an implementation of an OLED display (well, maybe January is a BIT too early for OLED, but soon), and Apple could have the best laptop ever built, featuring hours upon hours of battery life. Oh, and it runs at 1GHz.

jefhatfield
Oct 27, 2001, 11:18 AM
product wise, apple did well but not enough to help them financially

i thought apple would be at fifty dollars a share by now

the economy in whole (especially high tech) took a downturn since the second half of 2000 and sept 11 can't help things either

this next year would be a great time for the much rumored lcd imac and the G5

...or sooner!

spikey
Oct 27, 2001, 12:29 PM
Oh well ******** brilliant, more new products to send my imac deeper into the pit of obsoloscence.

rice_web
Oct 27, 2001, 12:47 PM
Spikey: would you rather technology not advance any further?

spikey
Oct 27, 2001, 03:12 PM
no.
I didnt say i did.

just keep smiling perversly over apples future, keep hoping/dreaming, cos everything is ******** happy days.
Get over your pre-pubescent excitement and realise apple has promised before and not delivered. But by all means look forward to it, cant say i havent.

[Edited by spikey on 10-27-2001 at 04:15 PM]

spikey
Oct 27, 2001, 03:16 PM
sorry, that last post seemed a bit harsh once i read it again.

oldMac
Oct 27, 2001, 07:25 PM
I think maybe we should all pitch in to get spikey a new machine for Christmas... :)

What do you all think? nah...

rice_web
Oct 27, 2001, 07:35 PM
If I had the money, I'd surely do it. But, alas, I do not.

jefhatfield
Oct 27, 2001, 10:41 PM
i will trade you one of my pcs for your obsolete imac then you can really see the meaning of obsolete...do you like beige as a color?

spikey
Oct 28, 2001, 07:01 AM
I already have a PC, its a duron @ 1Ghz.
I had to make it to save cash, Im getting a friend to do some manga art on it.
The machine is ok, but the OS sucks balls.

You mean people, well i can always rely on father christmas. as long as hes not too busy with the easter bunny.

rice_web
Oct 28, 2001, 07:31 AM
Apple needs a really inexpensive computer (<$500) to sell, that reaches 1GHz. I seriously believe this. Do you think it would be possible that they could port as much of OS X to an x86 architecture and then emulate the rest? Then, they could have a 1GHz (Duron) with 17" monitor for about $500. Any thoughts?

mnkeybsness
Oct 28, 2001, 11:04 AM
my thoughts are that apple isn't about making crappy hardware that will only last people a few months.

Kela
Oct 28, 2001, 11:12 AM
What as the sense of the last post monkey ass?

spikey
Oct 28, 2001, 11:52 AM
No need to show off your ignorance monkeysperm, we know how dumb u are.
My Duron has lasted me more than a few months, there is nothing wrong with the hardware. Its not great but its not bad either.
I doubt something like that would happen, but yeah it would be a good idea and it is needed. They would really have to use a x86 chip because the powerPC is too expensive.

oldMac
Oct 28, 2001, 12:05 PM
Porting OS X to Intel hardware is do-able.

The trouble is that it's not just a year or so of Apple's time. It's also asking every Mac OS developer to go through the same hellish transition with them, recompiling and redistributing all their software.

Apple just released OS X and asked lots of developers to re-write their applications. They also asked lots of developers to spend a bunch of time and money porting certain parts of their applications to run under Altivec.

Now is NOT the time to switch processor architectures.

The best thing that Apple can do right now is to make really good friends with IBM. With $4 billion in the bank, I think Apple definitely has the means necessary to kick-start the PPC problem.

However, Apple and IBM need to realign their long-term PPC goals to create a mutually beneficial future.

The good news is that IBM is making lots of money from the PPC business. That bodes well for the future of the platform.

mnkeybsness
Oct 29, 2001, 05:06 PM
i don't know what your problem is....

but mine is that i have seen too many wintels go to **** not even 6 months after their buy date. their is too much shoddy wiring and cheap parts in those $500 machines to give anyone a good life out of them.

but i have seen many pcs BUILT very well. with good parts that have longer warranties than 90 days.

and for myself, i just won't defend myself because it is truly not a necessary action...i don't like wasting my time with spike-haired brats.......oh yah, and kela.

robertashley
Oct 30, 2001, 01:37 PM
You're right. An ibook with oled and an ibm fx750 would be the ultimate. Any rumors that this will be available at macworld sf (sans oled)?

check ifire.com for oled info.

spikey
Oct 30, 2001, 01:42 PM
Ur experience of sh*te PCs is cos all PC companies use rubbish parts and put the PCs together really badly. To maximise profit. There are several things you look for in a PC, and i still havent seen a company fill any of them. It doesnt matter how much the PC is. But the software is always the problem.

"spike-haired brats"???? ............arrrrrrgggggghhhhhhh nooooooooooooo, hes making me laugh to death.

Ofcourse rise above it baboonbusiness, ur too ******** mature for us ................my ******** arse. keep deluding yourself.

[Edited by spikey on 10-30-2001 at 02:45 PM]

mnkeybsness
Oct 31, 2001, 09:40 PM
okay, hmmmmmmm, that's what i've been saying about pcs. first you tried telling me i'm an idiot, and now you are agreeing with me. make up your ******** mind.

bloody english pr*ck.

purple monkey dishwasher.

spikey
Nov 1, 2001, 12:14 PM
Thast because what u were saying in your first post and last post contradict each other f*ckface.

"my thoughts are that apple isn't about making crappy hardware that will only last people a few months."

"but i have seen many pcs BUILT very well. with good parts that have longer warranties than 90 days. "

Your last post made sense, ur first one meant jack ******** ***** because u tried to say something remotely intelligent. Just shut ur ******** face, u talk out ur ass.

Now look whos a ******** pr*ck. Im assuming ur american seeing as ur still attempting to grow that other brain cell you have been wanting.
Ur just a know-nothing gimp, if u want to attack something i say then read what i have written first monkeyf*ck. ******** d*ckhead.

SPG
Nov 1, 2001, 05:30 PM
You
Your
You are
You're

Feel free to cut and paste the above to use in YOUR posts.

You're welcome.

mnkeybsness
Nov 1, 2001, 10:15 PM
BUILT as in put together by the primary user: ordering their own parts and putting it together

and my thoughts are that you need to simmer down.

spikey
Nov 2, 2001, 09:51 AM
first you say apple "isnt about making crappy hardware"
In that you say PCs are crap pieces of hardware.

Then you say "but i have seen many pcs BUILT very well. with good parts that have longer warranties than 90 days. "

Now tell me f*ckhead, through what part of this damn thread did u decide PC parts were good, from PC hardware being ******** *****.

I dont give a ***** about "BUILT" its irrelevent.

And i will tell you what, my thoughts are you need to be quiet unless you have a decent comment to make about something. Otherwise just shut the ***** up.

I dont believe i am arguing about such a petty thing.

[Edited by spikey on 11-02-2001 at 03:37 PM]

Kela
Nov 2, 2001, 10:35 AM
mmmm it sems that after reading the previouis debate, I am slightly confused with what monkeybusiness is trying to say. SO umm you think mac makes good hardware better than PCs yet, you think PCs make good hardware. SO umm like whats the point?

mnkeybsness
Nov 4, 2001, 06:23 PM
i'm saying that companie's like hewlett-packard and compaq but their computers together pretty cheaply and in order to make it that way they have to use crappy pieces of hardware. i don't know what all of you don't understand abou this.

Paolo
Nov 5, 2001, 01:46 AM
mnkeybsness... I sort of get the impression that you don't know what you are talking about, what readers mightn ot understand is that you say that apple isn't about making crappy hardware... then you say that you've seen PCs BUILT with good hardware and longer warentees that 90 days... Then you say that you meant that the indervidual built the PC and ordered in the parts. Did they also order in the warentee that was longer that 90 days?

In other words you posts have been rather confusing and I think your best bet would just be to like umm not continue to contradict yourself.

Spikey as much as I find your posts amusing at mnkeybsness expense I think you could calm down a bit, but hey it's just a suggestion. If you want ot continue swearing and taking the crap out of mnkeybsness then that's fine... Hell it's funny