PDA

View Full Version : Mmmm...muggy goodness.

Taft
May 17, 2002, 12:09 PM
I finally donated to MacRumors and today I received my mug. I've gotta say that this is a high quality mug. It dwarfs my puny little DRW Systems International mug and it looks a heck of a lot cooler too.

So any of you asking, "30 bucks for a mug?" My answer is, its worth it. Buy a nice mug for a great site.

Who's with me???

Taft

jelloshotsrule
May 17, 2002, 12:10 PM
i'm in when i get a job... booyah!

mcrain
May 17, 2002, 12:10 PM
No mug for me, but I'll buy a "Dude, you're getting a piece of crap" shirt with a macrumors logo on it anyday.

eyelikeart
May 17, 2002, 12:14 PM
I'm already there man... :D

I don't even use mine...it sits up on display on my shelf...

I just wanted to donate to the site...

Mr. Anderson
May 17, 2002, 12:22 PM
Welcome to Demi-Godhood Taft. The mug is great, I use it every day for my coffee, got to love the 16oz!

AlphaTech
May 17, 2002, 12:27 PM
I use mine at home. Since I don't want it to grow legs at work.

I've had mine for a while now.... I think I purchased it this year, but time has a tendancy to blur on me. That can be both good and bad, since I have bills that come due and I need to pay (damn them all).

eyelikeart
May 17, 2002, 01:08 PM
Originally posted by AlphaTech
I use mine at home. Since I don't want it to grow legs at work.

I've had mine for a while now.... I think I purchased it this year, but time has a tendancy to blur on me. That can be both good and bad, since I have bills that come due and I need to pay (damn them all).

the b@stards...expecting u to actually pay the bills?! just who the hell do they think they are?!! :eek:

as for the mugs...I know I got mine about 2 months ago...and if memory serves correct....they were available for about a month or so prior to that...I waited a little bit to do mine...

Mr. Anderson
May 17, 2002, 01:12 PM
I can't wait to see what Arn comes up with next, though. These mugs are only for 2001-2002. We're going to need a 2002-2003 soon.

AlphaTech
May 17, 2002, 01:12 PM
Originally posted by eyelikeart

the b@stards...expecting u to actually pay the bills?! just who the hell do they think they are?!! :eek:

I know, and they want the money BEFORE a certain date. :rolleyes: Some people, sheeeeesh... all they want is money money money... Then again, if you don't pay, they tend to cut things off (utilities, not body parts). :D

AlphaTech
May 17, 2002, 01:13 PM
Originally posted by dukestreet
I can't wait to see what Arn comes up with next, though. These mugs are only for 2001-2002. We're going to need a 2002-2003 soon.

I vote stainless steel... then again Arn knows that already, and there is a chance we will see them... Judging by his statements. :D

Mr. Anderson
May 17, 2002, 01:17 PM

I vote stainless steel... then again Arn knows that already, and there is a chance we will see them... Judging by his statements. :D

Yep, most likely the ones that you see at Starbuck's that you can have a lid on them, good for driving in the car. I'll be buying one, I'm sure of it. But I was also thinking of the text on the side of the mug. The 'rumors' section would need to be updated.

eyelikeart
May 17, 2002, 01:30 PM

I know, and they want the money BEFORE a certain date. :rolleyes: Some people, sheeeeesh... all they want is money money money... Then again, if you don't pay, they tend to cut things off (utilities, not body parts). :D

hmm...sounds like an angry woman if u ask me... :eek: ;)

eyelikeart
May 17, 2002, 01:31 PM

Yep, most likely the ones that you see at Starbuck's that you can have a lid on them, good for driving in the car. I'll be buying one, I'm sure of it. But I was also thinking of the text on the side of the mug. The 'rumors' section would need to be updated.

oh yeah...that sounds tastey!!! :D

I have a yellow plastic Starbuck's mug that I tote around daily...I'd use a macrumors tumbler...

I'd donate again for it...he he he :D

mcrain
May 17, 2002, 01:41 PM

I was in another thread, and my attorney-sense started buzzing... did somone mention money?

mcrain
May 17, 2002, 01:42 PM
If you donate a second time for a second item, you should be something other than a demi-god, like a demi-moore-god or something to demonstrate your super-duper-loyalty.

Mr. Anderson
May 17, 2002, 02:11 PM
Originally posted by mcrain
If you donate a second time for a second item, you should be something other than a demi-god, like a demi-moore-god or something to demonstrate your super-duper-loyalty.

You still have to donate the first time!:D

What's your excuse? Can't write it off?

Taft
May 17, 2002, 02:14 PM

You should get upgraded from Demi-God to some other level of God-hood. Five or more contributions??? Full-on god status, arn teaches you the secret MacRumors god handshake, MacRumors decoder ring, and you get access to the MacRumors god-only treehouse (Jacket required, of course).

Taft

Taft
May 17, 2002, 02:16 PM

What's your excuse? Can't write it off?

I'm still looking for the loophole myself. Any accountants out there??

Taft

mcrain
May 17, 2002, 02:43 PM
Originally posted by Taft
I'm still looking for the loophole myself. Any accountants out there??

Taft

Are you telling me that you can't deduct the regular and ordinary business expense of technology research? ;)

Mr. Anderson
May 17, 2002, 02:51 PM

Are you telling me that you can't deduct the regular and ordinary business expense of technology research? ;)

Explain to me how a MacRumors donation is a 'regular and ordinary business expense of technology research'? Add to the fact that most people don't actually do research, let alone deduct it.

mcrain
May 17, 2002, 03:36 PM
LOL, I'm kidding. I use this site as a "research" site... LOL