Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Voodoo Murphy

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 11, 2008
My pref pane works just fine, but when I try to log into the website for mobileme, it keeps kicking back that error. I have tried resetting the password twice now, but still no luck. Anyone else?

MarkHeftler

macrumors newbie
Feb 18, 2008
I too am unable to access the MobileMe web site, I get the same error message. It's very frustrating, but at least everything else seems to work just fine.

Forever

macrumors member
Aug 7, 2006
Im the opposite, i can get on to the mobileme web stuff fine, but in the pref pane im getting a bad username/password.

patsfan83

macrumors 6502
Apr 6, 2008
same here...can't login in to me.com, phone and mac sync fine...

Apple isn't winning me over during this free trial at the moment.

greebowarrior

macrumors newbie
Jul 8, 2008
Harlow, United Kingdom
ditto

signed up for a free .mac trial about a month ago, but since the switchover, it's been doing sweet FA.
Like you, I can log in via the prefpane, but no joy at all with the web interface, or webmail
Quite frankly, even if Apple get their arses in gear and get it up and running, i won't be bothering to part with my cash. I think i'll stick with gmail

mdkrebs11

macrumors member
Jul 14, 2008
Unlike you guys, I can log in fine. Has been the case all day. Unfortunately, none of my contacts, calendar or mail will sync. So nothing appears on the MobileMe site and nothing is being pushed to my phone. Thus, logging in is not very useful. One strange thing I did notice just a bit ago, when I log in, I can click Mail and Contacts just fine - just nothing appears. But when I click on Calendar, it stalls on Updating Calendar Info and then pops up the following error message. "Calendar Error. Calendar could not complete your action because of server error. Please try again." They really are having problems over there.

Mikey B

macrumors 65816
Jan 4, 2008
the island
I had the same problem for the first couple of days. I can log in fine to the web app now, but I mail never loads and occasionally the iDisk and Account settings won't either. Everything is pushing/syncing great, however.

twinsdad

macrumors member
Oct 21, 2007
I can't log in to mobile me either. I was able to set up mobile me in pref. and push mail, calendar, contacts works fine with my iphone.

macduke

macrumors G5
Jun 27, 2007
yeah, it won't let me login to the webapp. it also deleted all the contacts on my iphone 3g, and it takes about 5 minutes for test mail from my gmail account to my mobile me account to push. what the hell apple??

farleysmaster

macrumors 6502a
Feb 8, 2008
London, UK
If you can't log in to the webpage, change your password to something new, via the 'reset my password' (or something) option on the me.com frontpage. This worked for me and others.

MacPhilosopher

macrumors 6502
Jul 26, 2005
Phoenix
Total meltdown...

I downloaded the MobleMe preference update from Apple and hen went about my business. Spent the entire day on MacMini checking email, using iCal, etc. Then I decided to change some settings in the MobileMe preferences and halfway through the changes it claimed I changed my password. I exited, checked my password using me.com. It worked. Went back into the system preferences on my Mac after logging out of me.com and it was fine in terms of password. However, the sync preferences were grayed out. So, I close everything and restart. When I come back EVERYTHING is hanging. Apple and third party software. MobleMe still has grayed out preference, and worst of all, when I tried to open Mac Mail on my desktop, my .Mac mail account is gone. GONE!!! WTF! Is anyone else having this problem?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.