Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mwickens

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 12, 2006
Toronto
Sometimes when I visit the forums, my "Last visited" time shows as the current time. I can't see any pattern to when this occurs, but it's probably about 25% of my visits.

This wouldn't be a problem except that clicking on New Posts returns nothing in these instances.

Any idea why this happens and how to fix it?

Thanks,
Mark

MacNut

macrumors Core
Jan 4, 2002
CT
Are you auto logged in or do you have to type a password every time. Do you clear cookies? If you clear them there are 2 you want to keep, bbuserid and bbpassword.

WildCowboy

Administrator/Editor
Staff member
Jan 20, 2005
I experience this occasionally when I enter the forums for the first time that session and then immediately click on another forum page before I've really let the first one load. I don't know the exact circumstances that cause that hiccup, as it happens only very rarely to me, but it's always something like that for me.

mwickens

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 12, 2006
Toronto
Are you auto logged in or do you have to type a password every time. Do you clear cookies?

I'm logged in automatically and don't clear cookies.

I experience this occasionally when I enter the forums for the first time that session and then immediately click on another forum page before I've really let the first one load. I don't know the exact circumstances that cause that hiccup, as it happens only very rarely to me, but it's always something like that for me.

Glad someone else is seeing it. I'll try to watch what I'm doing a bit more closely in order to narrow down the conditions.

Mark

mac 2005

macrumors 6502a
Apr 1, 2005
Chicago
Sometimes when I visit the forums, my "Last visited" time shows as the current time. I can't see any pattern to when this occurs, but it's probably about 25% of my visits.

This wouldn't be a problem except that clicking on New Posts returns nothing in these instances.

Any idea why this happens and how to fix it?

Thanks,
Mark

It's personal, mate. But don't tell anyone I let you in on the secret! Shh! If the Internets knew that I let you know their plot, I'd be relegated to the same fate.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.