PDA

View Full Version : 10x1000

Mr. Anderson
May 17, 2002, 03:19 PM
Well, with beej moving up to the M club, we now have 10 members who have over 1000 posts. This is a pretty amazing feat, looks good for the site. Way to go Arn!

eyelikeart
May 17, 2002, 03:22 PM
Originally posted by dukestreet
Well, with beej moving up to the M club, we now have 10 members who have over 1000 posts. This is a pretty amazing feat, looks good for the site. Way to go Arn!

he he he....and it's all happened within the past 5 months too...

things are picking up here nicely it seems...

now if we can just "convince" some of the other regulars & newbies to donate....Arn might start turning a profit...

where's Alpha when u need him to bully them around?! :D

Mr. Anderson
May 17, 2002, 03:25 PM
I think with arn's plan to add a few items the store, this very well might happen. I hope so, it be nice to see some more support.

eyelikeart
May 17, 2002, 03:26 PM
I think with arn's plan to add a few items the store, this very well might happen. I hope so, it be nice to see some more support.

absolutely...

I'm really surprised that more of the regulars here haven't bought the mugs though...:eek:

jelloshotsrule
May 17, 2002, 03:28 PM
a water bottle... i could bring it on the golf course with me.

if nothing comes up other than the mug, i'll still get it, eventually.

10 people at a thousand. and eye's halfway from 2 to 3 thousand... yikes.

eyelikeart
May 17, 2002, 03:31 PM
Originally posted by jelloshotsrule
10 people at a thousand. and eye's halfway from 2 to 3 thousand... yikes.

I'll be there shortly...

but duke's catching up on my @ss...he's less than 1000 away from 2000... :eek:

Mr. Anderson
May 17, 2002, 04:44 PM
Originally posted by eyelikeart
I'll be there shortly...

but duke's catching up on my @ss...he's less than 1000 away from 2000... :eek:

That would be beej who's 1000 from 2000, I'm closer to 100 away from 2000. And I don't think it even remotely likely I'll ever catch up, you have way too much of a lead and you post as much as I do.

eyelikeart
May 17, 2002, 04:46 PM

That would be beej who's 1000 from 2000, I'm closer to 100 away from 2000. And I don't think it even remotely likely I'll ever catch up, you have way too much of a lead and you post as much as I do.

we'll see...I'm going to hit 2500 in a little while...

and I promised I wouldn't do anything until 2500...so I'll just do a little dance here to celebrate that & the new car.... (yes I'm still smiling over it! :D)

eyelikeart
May 17, 2002, 04:49 PM
but here it is...he he he... :D :p :D :p :D

ok...I feel accomplished now today...

he he he ;)

Mr. Anderson
May 17, 2002, 04:56 PM
and duke...I promise not to overabuse myprivileges!!! he he he...I was feeling a bit "festive" early this morning when I got in...I won't make another big deal about which post I'm on again until 2500 most likely...

http://www.macrumors.com/forums/showthread.php3?threadid=4514&highlight=2500

Just a bit of history for you eye.

eyelikeart
May 17, 2002, 04:57 PM

http://www.macrumors.com/forums/showthread.php3?threadid=4514&highlight=2500

Just a bit of history for you eye.

he he he... :D

so where's mcrain to validate this legally?! ;)

Mr. Anderson
May 17, 2002, 05:01 PM
Did you check the link, its valid, I've no reason to be other than truthful.

Wouldn't want to put a post in Mac15s 'So what lies have you told on MacRumors' thread.

eyelikeart
May 17, 2002, 05:41 PM
in about a week or so...maybe even less...

there will be 2 members of the 2M club... ;)

Mr. Anderson
May 17, 2002, 06:20 PM
Ha, I'm planning on getting there tonight baby!

Just kidding.

I wonder how long it will be till there are 10 members in the MM club? We'll have to resurrect this thread when that happens.

eyelikeart
May 17, 2002, 06:29 PM
deal...

we'll do it...

it just may take a little while... ;)

Mr. Anderson
May 17, 2002, 06:31 PM
deal...

we'll do it...

it just may take a little while... ;)

I won't happen for another 6-10 months, is my guess. Given the average posts per day of the current individuals, it could take a year. Mine gone up a bit lately, which sort of surprises me. I'm actually getting close to krosfyters numbers, not good.

eyelikeart
May 17, 2002, 10:32 PM
I'm actually getting close to krosfyters numbers, not good.

u do realize u are ahead of krossfyter right?! :confused:

Mr. Anderson
May 17, 2002, 10:35 PM
Damn, I had to go check, dukestreet=9.86 post/day
krosfyter=9.77 posts/day

That puts me ahead of everyone else in the posts/day catagory.

I need to get a life.......

eyelikeart
May 17, 2002, 10:38 PM
That puts me ahead of everyone else in the posts/day catagory.

I need to get a life.......

I finally broke 5 posts per day...he he he....5.05 to be exact...

don't sweat it...just keep thinking that u are making a difference here! :D ;) :p

Backtothemac
May 18, 2002, 12:09 AM
I have been racking them up lately. I have always loved the site, and finally, it was the Travis thread that broke me loose. I started to like talking to you guys, so instead of surfing the net at work I just started posting here. A month ago I had under 60 posts. I just really enjoy the community that we have going here. I cannot wait till NY so we can really have some fun. Hopefully Arn can post something about Geekfest. I have been trying to promote it in my sig.

Eye, lets just come up with a date and plans, and then post and maybe it will bring out the lurkers :p

Anyway, I am on my way the 1M club. Heck I just got my avatar yesterday, or was that the day before? Anyway, here I come Eye!!!!

Mr. Anderson
May 18, 2002, 01:05 PM
Oh, another thing to attribute to Travis. Well, at least its a good thing you came out of lurker mode, not like his thread. No word from him since, though, figures.

I don't think anyone is going to catch eye unless he goes on vacation for a couple months.

Backtothemac
May 18, 2002, 01:18 PM
It would take like 50 - 100 a day every day for a month or two straight. Could it be done. yea, but would people be posting intelligent responses, or

I agree....

I for one am concerned with content more that amount. The nice thing though is all of us with any amount of posts, always tend to post with thoughtfullness and substance.

AlphaTech
May 18, 2002, 01:32 PM
I know my postings went down for a few weeks, since I was trying to catch up to eyelikeart for a while. I know I will probably not catch up to him unless his computer goes down for a while (any voodoo priests out there?? :D).

It seems like there are not any good flame wars to join in on lately, what's up with that??? I have all this whoop-ass stockpiled and no one to use it on...

I just realized why my post count hasn't been keeping up... two words Harley-Davidson :D. Although with the rain today, I won't be riding...

What are you going to do when you break 2k duke???

Mr. Anderson
May 18, 2002, 01:56 PM
Originally posted by AlphaTech

What are you going to do when you break 2k duke???

I had thought of playing a little joke with my avatar, but seeing as its going to happen real soon, and I don't have all that much time, oh, well, nothing special. It was going to be a spoof on the y2k bug, p2k

So much material not enough time:D

AlphaTech
May 18, 2002, 02:02 PM

I had thought of playing a little joke with my avatar, but seeing as its going to happen real soon, and I don't have all that much time, oh, well, nothing special. It was going to be a spoof on the y2k bug, y2p

So much material not enough time:D

Ahh... If it wasn't raining today, I would be taking pictures to make into a new tar for myself... but since the rain is comin down, it's put the picture taking off. Tomorrow is supposed to be nice, so we shall see.

Mr. Anderson
May 18, 2002, 02:21 PM
You planning anything for your p2k?

Will the new tar feature Jar Jar?

AlphaTech
May 18, 2002, 02:27 PM
Thinking about it... not sure about the jar jar though... not sure if the tar would do what I want to do to it justice. How about a disembowling of jar jar??? muahahahahaaa

When I hit the 2k mark, I will probably just pop open a cold one, or two, and chill out. I should be there before too long, since I think my daily post count is over 7. I need to find some threads worth posting on though... which is proving to be harder then it should be.

Mr. Anderson
May 18, 2002, 03:39 PM
Originally posted by AlphaTech
Thinking about it... not sure about the jar jar though... not sure if the tar would do what I want to do to it justice. How about a disembowling of jar jar??? muahahahahaaa

When I hit the 2k mark, I will probably just pop open a cold one, or two, and chill out. I should be there before too long, since I think my daily post count is over 7. I need to find some threads worth posting on though... which is proving to be harder then it should be.

I know exactly what you mean. I have certain topics I can go on forever about and others that just hold no interest. Lately I've managed more than my share, but the dry spells come up every once in a while.

icetraxxg5
May 18, 2002, 05:15 PM
I have A LOT of posting to do to catch up to Eye!

mac15
May 18, 2002, 10:41 PM
Originally posted by icetraxxg5
I have A LOT of posting to do to catch up to Eye!

You will never catch eye
the only one that has a chance is dukestreet

AlphaTech
May 18, 2002, 10:47 PM
Originally posted by mac15

You will never catch eye
the only one that has a chance is dukestreet

The only chance anyone has of catching, or even passing, eye would be if he goes offline for a month (or longer). But that isn't very likely to happen.

mac15
May 18, 2002, 10:49 PM
yep he on his computer all day at work so I don't see anybody passing him....not even dukestreet

AlphaTech
May 18, 2002, 10:57 PM
I usually get to post while at work too. That way I don't have tons of posts to read when I get home. This coming week looks like a busy one for me though, so I probably will be doing most of my posting from home. I also will most likely have to get to bed earlier then usual, since I will need to get to work earlier. On the good side, I am taking the next week off, so the other tech will have some payback coming his way. :D

MacAztec
May 18, 2002, 11:11 PM
Wait a minute here!! [hacks into MacRumor's archive database]

HA HA! Now whos got the most posts!

jefhatfield
May 18, 2002, 11:14 PM
this is not fair, but if i joined forces with mischief and posted as him when he was asleep and vice versa, then "we" could catch up with eyelikeart

mischief lives near me and we can set up a posting schedule to catch eye...he he

backtothemac could alternate with mrsbacktothemac and get high posts, too

or the three posters from san diego, which i think includes rowercpu can all be one person

...but even then, eye might win and all those tag team posters would get caught

i was the poster way out ahead in the middle and end of last year and it seemed nobody would catch me...but look at what has happened now...he he

no longer am i the post and thread hogger and my posts per day is nowhere near some of the newer members who post ten times a day or so...:p

Mr. Anderson
May 18, 2002, 11:24 PM
Actually, that's a great idea, I could link up with beej, being around 12 hours apart get 200 posts a day!

Seriously guys, is it all that important? Eye's been here longer than most, almost 2 1/2 years, jefhatfield is the only old old timer in his league. I've been only posting since January this year, and honestly I can't keep this pace up. I'll be slowing down soon and everyone will pass me. Its not like you get anything special for being #1, except recognition of being #1 geek at MacRumors maybe.

Besides, why try and compete and end up with posts like

That's cool!

I agree.

I've had very few onliners, only used in self defense or witty rejoinders.

jefhatfield
May 18, 2002, 11:30 PM
since i gave up being number one on here, things have been a lot easier

i do not know macs anymore than being just an intermediate user...i am a pc tech and a lot of that does not transfer too well to mac

plus i know very little about photoshop, and any adobe product is a must for most mac geeks as well as macromedia and some high profile games

people would ask me mac tech questions and i had no idea what to do;) :( :D

Mr. Anderson
May 18, 2002, 11:37 PM
Originally posted by jefhatfield
since i gave up being number one on here, things have been a lot easier

Interesting, so you're saying that by being on the top, you have other members asking for help cause they just think you know it from you're posting #'s. Ha, I'll have to see if eye gets the same thing.

I just enjoy the conversations and entertainment value for the most part, but MacRumors is also a resource that I've found to be indispensible so I try to help out as much as I can.

jefhatfield
May 18, 2002, 11:54 PM

Interesting, so you're saying that by being on the top, you have other members asking for help cause they just think you know it from you're posting #'s. Ha, I'll have to see if eye gets the same thing.

I just enjoy the conversations and entertainment value for the most part, but MacRumors is also a resource that I've found to be indispensible so I try to help out as much as I can.

it seemed that way in the beginning, plus i was a target for flamewars

things are much more civil on macrumors now and there are a lot of people with different views and expertises, so no one person is singled out

someone with under ten posts among the thousands who are like that probably is the guru here but we will never know it

perhaps woz himself is one of the members with just ten posts...nobody knows

it was fun reaching five hundred posts, and then 1,000...but i really do come here for the knowledge and hear opposing points of view on just about everything

macrumors is great fun

eyelikeart
May 19, 2002, 10:08 PM
my ears are burning...he he he... :D

Mr. Anderson
May 19, 2002, 10:14 PM
Well, you were right jef, I was referenced in regards to the site tonight, something about arn and dukestreet sprucing up the look and feel of the site, better graphics and such. Ha, that was interesting, solely attributed to my avatar side business, no doubt.

mac15
May 20, 2002, 12:15 AM
Thats cheating duke.....you know you shouldn't do that
beside I want in instead:D

Backtothemac
May 20, 2002, 08:30 AM
Originally posted by jefhatfield
backtothemac could alternate with mrsbacktothemac and get high posts, too

Ha, ha. That would be funny, but you guys would know that it was not me. She is very short in what she has to say, and me, well, we all know that I can go into a two page rant at any given time:D

Now, I did do something that was really neat last night. Fired up the iBook, and the iMac at the same time and was posting on two different machines. It was cool. It made getting through all of the threads much faster.

God, I am a geek....

eyelikeart
May 20, 2002, 08:32 AM
Originally posted by Backtothemac

Now, I did do something that was really neat last night. Fired up the iBook, and the iMac at the same time and was posting on two different machines. It was cool. It made getting through all of the threads much faster.

God, I am a geek....

B2TM...I think it's time to seek some outside help...even I don't post on 2 machines simultaneously... ;) :eek:

Mr. Anderson
May 20, 2002, 08:44 AM
Originally posted by mac15
Thats cheating duke.....you know you shouldn't do that
beside I want in instead:D

What?!?!?

cheating at what?

want in where?

Sometimes I really have no idea what you're trying to say:rolleyes:

eyelikeart
May 20, 2002, 08:47 AM

What?!?!?

cheating at what?

want in where?

Sometimes I really have no idea what you're trying to say:rolleyes:

I think he's talking about tag-teaming for posts?! :eek:

Mr. Anderson
May 20, 2002, 08:49 AM

I think he's talking about tag-teaming for posts?! :eek:

Ah, several posts up the thread, my limited post recall, you know.....

Backtothemac
May 20, 2002, 08:49 AM

B2TM...I think it's time to seek some outside help...even I don't post on 2 machines simultaneously... ;) :eek:

he, he, he....

You have confirmed what my wife has been saying for a long time ;) Although after the mac and politics thread, I would imagine that Cleo, and Macette would like to send me off for a little therapy as well......