PDA

View Full Version : The E-Party ticket.

mischief
May 17, 2002, 03:22 PM
I think that with as many politically minded individuals as we have here we could just about start ourselves a political party.

We seem to have established some essential common ground:

1. The basic, universal human rights to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness shall not be infringed.

2. The Government has no place in religious decisions nor does religion have a place in governmental policy.

3. The management of policy shall reflect the needs of the people, not the will of the wealthy.

4. All policy must be considered for it's humanity, responsability to subsequent generations and compassion in execution.

5. The Legislature, in defference to the well being of the state shall not make policy that cannot be easily understood or justified to a 4 year old.

6. It is better to repeal poor legislation than to enact a complicated and compromised workaround.

7. All representatives shall be heald accountable to their appointed districts.

8. The private affairs of a politician are less important than their performance and integrity while in office.

I have some things of my own to add just to get discussion going:

I believe that Vice and Reproduction are outside the reasonable realm of government being that they are Beliefs not Policy issues. I believe that the Penal system is fundamentally wrong. Everyone has the right to get help. Only those Sociopaths so set in destructive paths that they are beyond help need be euthanized. I believe a Military, as the existing MIC is today is an inneficient waste of resources and an inept tool of diplomacy. I believe representatives should wear the logos of their sponsors and Parties should too. I believe that Pie fights on the Senate floor would save a lot of time. :D

eyelikeart
May 17, 2002, 03:25 PM
so what are we going to call ourselves?!

cleo
May 17, 2002, 04:19 PM
Originally posted by mischief

A kick-ass platform

Rock on, my friend. If just one candidate really stood by simple ideas like these, he/she would win so much support it would be ridiculous.

mischief
May 17, 2002, 04:39 PM
Unfortunately you'd be unable to vote for me until 2012 at least as far as Presidential runnings go. I was thinking that we have a grasp of the fundamentals and several well spoken individuals of the right age already (mcrain). No single person can really effect change in so large a system, hence the need for an E-Party. An Online party would have many advantages in terms of accountability and tracking of party funds. Not to mention the grass roots attack of expansive virtual town meetings.

:D **** Nader this **** is prime time.:D