Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Rezet

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Out of curiosity, how much do you think it's possible to get for a 3 months old:
Powermac G5 1.8 (Single CPU)
512 Ram (3200)
160Gbs HDD
Combo Drive (DVD-CDRW)
Ati 9600 Pro
Airport Extreme
10.2 and 10.3 OSX included.

Doesnt include: Bluetooth and dial up modem.

Everything in perfect working condition.

{I'm not selling anything yet but my friend offered to buy my g5 and i would get a dual}

What do you think?

P.S I built 1.6 G5 on apple.com with similar specs (xcpet cpu speed ofcourse) and that came out to be 1969.00

Nermal

Staff member
Dec 7, 2002
New Zealand
Apple is selling these, refurbished, for $1699 with a SuperDrive. A SuperDrive upgrade is normally $200, so a combo drive system would probably cost about $1499. Subtract a bit because it's used, and it might sell in the $1400-$1450 range.

Rezet

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Originally posted by Nermal
Apple is selling these, refurbished, for $1699 with a SuperDrive. A SuperDrive upgrade is normally $200, so a combo drive system would probably cost about $1499. Subtract a bit because it's used, and it might sell in the $1400-$1450 range.

I just took a look at those. First off 1699 one apple sells doesnt include airport extreme nor does it come with ati9600pro. Seconds, refurbished cost less than used. Because refurbished were returned with some sort of a problem. Whether it was fixed right or not, you never know.

I'm not saying anything, but i wouldnt sell it for 1500. not loaded 1.6 costs 1800.... whats the point?

thehuncamunca

macrumors 6502
Jul 9, 2003
NJ
if a brand new 1.6 is going for $1969 and you have a 1.8 with the faster pci slots 8gb ram limit and faster ram than the 1.6, would think maybe 1500-1600
if you do sell it you might want to do it now before they release new ones in january so that you'll get more

superbovine

macrumors 68030
Nov 7, 2003
the best way to check is to find simlar products on ebay in the same condition. look at the ended auction and that will be fair market value. it usually helps to more then few auction to look at. 1-3 auction usually isn't enough to get a good feel.

slipper

macrumors 68000
Nov 19, 2003
Originally posted by Rezet
Seconds, refurbished cost less than used. Because refurbished were returned with some sort of a problem.
Not necessarily a refurbished product could be merely be just an opened package if a customer accidentally bought the wrong product. All opened and repaired products go through the same testing procedures as new items.

Since when was refurbished priced less than used. Id rather buy refurbished than used. At least it has a new warranty.

Rezet

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Originally posted by slipper
Not necessarily a refurbished product could be merely be just an opened package if a customer accidentally bought the wrong product. All opened and repaired products go through the same testing procedures as new items.

Since when was refurbished priced less than used. Id rather buy refurbished than used. At least it has a new warranty.

Well for one example i can think of, f you go to any software/videogames selling store like bababges, funcoland etc, any hardware they have there like xbox, ps2...
refurbished comes cheaper than used.
I think NEW xbox - 179.99. Used - 149.99. Refurbished - 139.99.

benixau

macrumors 65816
Oct 9, 2002
Sydney, Australia
I would pay about 1800 for that system. Not much more - this is because of the 1.6 and the dp1.8 - sorry mate but life's a bitch.

try selling it overseas where you can leverage the US$. They think they get it cheap you think you ripping them off. Everyone is happy.

Rezet

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Originally posted by benixau
I would pay about 1800 for that system. Not much more - this is because of the 1.6 and the dp1.8 - sorry mate but life's a bitch.

try selling it overseas where you can leverage the US$. They think they get it cheap you think you ripping them off. Everyone is happy.

Well around 1800 sounds more like what i had in mind...

And life is a bitch :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.