Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

agentphish

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 7, 2004
Greetings Everyone-

I'm looking to see if anyone can point me in the direction of some Trip/Itinerary planning software for the Mac. I am trying to plan my Honeymoon in Scotland.

In my own searching on VersionTracker and some sites like that, I came across Knapsack 1.1 by TinyPlanet software, but at 39.99 it's pretty steep and seems to run very sluggish.

Are there any alternatives out there? I find it hard to believe there's only this one program!

bradwill

macrumors newbie
Feb 27, 2008
Hi agentphish,

Thanks for taking a look at Knapsack. Sorry to hear it's sluggish for you. Are you running on your PowerBook or PowerMac? We've done testing on a PowerBook older than yours and it is usable, but I'll be the first to admit that it is noticeably slower than on our 2-year old Intel iMacs. Is there some function that is particularly slow for you? Please contact us at our support address with details; we can take a look at your specific issue: http://www.tinyplanetsoftware.com/help.html

As far as other products, one of the primary reasons we created Knapsack was due to that fact that we couldn't find anything else out there. We're all long-time Mac users and love to travel, so it was a natural fit for us. We are confident that, over time and with feedback like yours, we can make Knapsack into the premier travel planning app for the Mac.

Thanks again for checking out Knapsack!
Cheers,
Brad Willoughby
TinyPlanet Software, LLC

Greetings Everyone-

I'm looking to see if anyone can point me in the direction of some Trip/Itinerary planning software for the Mac. I am trying to plan my Honeymoon in Scotland.

In my own searching on VersionTracker and some sites like that, I came across Knapsack 1.1 by TinyPlanet software, but at 39.99 it's pretty steep and seems to run very sluggish.

Are there any alternatives out there? I find it hard to believe there's only this one program!

agentphish

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 7, 2004
bradwill-

I thank you kindly for the private message. I will be sure to consider it, though I don't do as much travel as I'd like. I may pass that option on to my parents if that is ok, because they have a Mac, and they do travel.

It's nice to know that developers are paying attention to these boards.

I must say the program is great, I do really like how its laid out.

As far as functions that are slow, it's particularly sluggish when I click on the DAY lines to edit the content that is in there. As far as a particular improvement to that area, I find myself wanting to type a bulletted list under each day, though I haven't figured out if I can do that or not yet.

Other than that I can't put my finger right on what else is sluggish for me, as I don't have the program in front of me right now. I can say I run Adobe CS3 with out any issues, so generally speed isn't an issue.

I haven't used it while connected to the internet either to know if the map should get more clear as you zoom in, but that's definitely an issue I see if it doesn't get more clear.

Thanks for the quality program.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.