Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

edesignuk

Moderator emeritus
Original poster
Mar 25, 2002
London, England
They are the world's richest brothers with a combined wealth of $85bn - and they are fighting again.

Two years ago, Mukesh Ambani and Anil Ambani, who control India's Reliance group of industries, accused each other of lying, misleading shareholders and delaying the process of dividing the businesses between them.

The latest rivalry between chief of Reliance Communications Anil Ambani and his elder brother Mukesh could upset a $70bn (£36bn;45bn euros) merger between Reliance Communications and the South African mobile telephone company, MTN.

There have been suggestions that Anil Ambani would sell a stake in Reliance Communications to MTN.

But Mukesh Ambani, India's richest man, says he has the first right to buy a stake in his younger brother's firm.

He says this is laid down in a family agreement. Anil Ambani says the agreement was never ratified.
BBC.

What a couple of peckers :rolleyes:

Iscariot

macrumors 68030
Aug 16, 2007
Toronteazy
This is precisely why I destroyed the good Iscariot twin; I was afraid he would mislead shareholders somewhere down the line.

ImNoSuperMan

macrumors 65816
Dec 1, 2005
What really hurts is the fact they are Indians. We indians really care about our families. More than 80% of us still live in a joint family with our brothers, parents, uncles and everyone. For us our elders are next only to god. It might not sound all that great to you guys but that's the way we are taught n brought up. These two are the India's richest people. Still they try to troble their sibling. They never give up a chance to harm others business.

After reading bout them everyday in the paper I have certainly realized one thing. Money can't always bring you happiness and peace of mind.

RedTomato

macrumors 601
Mar 4, 2005
.. London ..
I know a relative of the Patak family (the ones who make the sauces in every supermarket that every indian restaurant uses); her aunt just finished a long drawn out court case with the other half of the family. Basically they screwed her aunt over and left her without much after the case (it was all over the Indian papers, and even got to the UK media)

She runs a corner shop now, as thats all she can afford after the case.

mpw

Jun 18, 2004
Mo Money, Mo Problems.

No Money, No Problems!

Rubbish. People can have problems regardless of how much or how little money they have, and as many problems can be dealt with if you have money I'd say it's better to have than to not.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.